The Trump Economy

GG

On 5/28/2020 at 9:16 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Good points, but at least the business leaders have to answer to real numbers every 3 months, unlike the idiots on both sides of the aisle today.

And great point on the checking account balances..and my guess is that WFH does impact that way..and that money might fuel pent up consumer demand as we open.

Anecdotally, 2020 doing its thing seems to me and friends as well. So far during this shutdown i have

1) repaired an air handling unit to tune to $600

2) Needed to buy new grill..$700

3) Needed to repair irrigation system to tune of $500

4) had a car die, so bought new car

5) rejoined club as full golf member, cause what the hell else was i gunna do

And seems like all my friends have had similiar things happen..Gods way of forcing us that spend i guess!

Try a septic failure on for size

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I've gone through 2 handles of Bulleit, a 750 of local bourbon, and a 750 of tequila...

Is that a daily regimen?

• Haha (+1) 1

Bad, but not as bad as expected. Maybe because some reopening had started?

Private payrolls decline by 2.76 million in May, ADP says, a much smaller drop than feared

* Private payrolls fell by 2.76 million in May, according to a report Wednesday from ADP.
* The total comes on top of a plunge of 19.6 million in April, the worst in the survey’s history.
* Economists had been looking for a decline of 8.75 million. The reason for the wide disparity was not immediately clear.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

U.S. stock futures rose in early trading on Wednesday as markets continued to rally on optimism over economies emerging from coronavirus-led shutdowns.

The S&P 500 is up 1% so far in June, bringing its gain from its pandemic low in March to more than 40%. 

(Excerpt) Read more at apple.news ...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

U.S. stock futures rose in early trading on Wednesday as markets continued to rally on optimism over economies emerging from coronavirus-led shutdowns.

The S&P 500 is up 1% so far in June, bringing its gain from its pandemic low in March to more than 40%. 

(Excerpt) Read more at apple.news ...

Unemployment numbers were better than expected (by 4 million). Stocks jumping. 

Perhaps it will be a swoosh recovery... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Unemployment numbers were better than expected (by 4 million). Stocks jumping. 

Perhaps it will be a swoosh recovery... 

If the states have to lay off cops, teachers, firefighters and others, there won’t be any quick recovery 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

If the states have to lay off cops, teachers, firefighters and others, there won’t be any quick recovery 

I dare the blue states to try that.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

All the states might have no choice, recessions mean less tax revenue. Believe me, it's already happening. 

Let's see how long Newsom lasts if he fires cops, firefighters, and EMTs.

I got my popcorn all set for the show.

GranularTeemingHarborseal-size_restricte

19 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, I support Nancy Pelosi bill to fund state and local governments through this recession 

I agree. By getting everyone to destroy their own businesses and putting more people on welfare, government bailouts, we can get them to feel the same pain as the inner cities. Then we have them right where we want them. If people want money and food, they will have to compete politically or they will starve. The plan is going well comrade. We will win. Once we get them desperate enough, we can get them to trade their guns for food.

When the 1.9 million number came out this week my first response is how many have gone back to work?  Looks like a lot!

The #orangemanbad crowd “you’re cheering 13% unemployment!!!!!!!!” In 3.....2....1.....

• Like (+1) 1

Larry Kudlow at presser pointing out that there have been indicators that people were returning to work, and that some numbers (6 shooters?)  gave hints this would happen.

May 12th, 50% of small businesses had reopened. Now, about 79% have reopened. He expects better numbers as they continue to reopen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Larry Kudlow at presser pointing out that there have been indicators that people were returning to work, and that some numbers (6 shooters?)  gave hints this would happen.

May 12th, 50% of small businesses had reopened. Now, about 79% have reopened. He expects better numbers as they continue to reopen.

Sad that this gives me anxiety...what will the democrats do to retaliate

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Trump saying they will be asking for a payroll tax cut.
Additional stimulus money.
And, doing things for restaurants and entertainment industry. (The deductions idea is possible)

Steve Mnuchin is up,  the legislation just signed extended the PPP for 24 weeks (a restaurant ask).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

I am sure that they'll think of something. They always do.

I'm not sure how they can top race riots across the country.  A nuclear bomb maybe?  (I kid, I kid... I don't wanna give 'em any ideas.)

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Albwan said:

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius.

Right on que here comes the troll...

He is confused on the different stimulus packages that were proposed................it's not unusual for him.

• Like (+1) 5

This increase DESPITE the economies of California and New York being held back !

I wonder what is going to 'happen' this afternoon, to get our good news out of the headlines.......we'll see.

• Like (+1) 4

If wishes were horses............

WASHINGTON POST BLASTED OVER INACCURATE ‘GRIM MILESTONE’ TWEET ON UNEMPLOYMENT RATE: ‘IT’S NOT TRUE.’

The Washington Post was blasted on social media after it jumped the gun with an inaccurate tweet Friday claiming the May U.S. unemployment rate was close to 20 percent, moments after the actual report indicated the rate unexpectedly had dropped to 13.3 percent.

“Grim milestone to be reached as May unemployment rate nears 20 percent,” the Post wrote in a now-deleted tweet to accompany a now-edited story with the same inaccurate headline.

washington_post_grim_milestone_20_percen

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So basically, May was an improvement over April, but the numbers were inaccurate.

April was nearly 20% unemployment.

May was 16.3% unemployment.

Probably best to wait until AFTER we're out of Depression level unemployment to spike the football.

It hurts, I know, to see the economy recovering at lightning speed. In order to root for No Chance Joe, you not only have to be FOR systemic racism in our legal system, but also for an economic disaster. 

It must be really tough to have to embrace darkness just to make yourself feel better about your candidate. Think of how much happier you'd be if you started to think for yourself on matters, rather than bowing and kowtowing to the intellectual mob. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/5/2020 at 8:03 AM, Tiberius said:

You should be thanking them, the stimulus package forced on the GOP has helped stem the tide of bad economic news. 

No sane people have come to the conclusion that the sky is, in fact, not falling.  

On 6/5/2020 at 11:03 AM, Tiberius said:

You should be thanking them, the stimulus package forced on the GOP has helped stem the tide of bad economic news. 

Not only the stimulus package(s) that the dems came up with but Nancy Pelosi's trade deals and her reducing regulations have saved this country. 

On 6/6/2020 at 11:43 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

So basically, May was an improvement over April, but the numbers were inaccurate.

April was nearly 20% unemployment.

May was 16.3% unemployment.

Probably best to wait until AFTER we're out of Depression level unemployment to spike the football.

BEST

PANDEMIC

MURDER OF A BLACK MAN

RIOTS

CRAP..............

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And to all those people that took the government up on the ability to fund their 2019 IRA's until July 15th?  Whoops.