Rivers not interested in LA - nevermind he is

Reed83HOF

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trubisky will be long gone, but I could see us making a play for Brad Kayaa (not in RD1), especially if we end up with Childress or another WCO OC.

Kaaya sucks. I wouldn't waste a pick on the guy

the same people that complain about Tyrod's accuracy want a guy that threw 21 interceptions this season

You're conflating accuracy with decision making. Rivers is accurate but he made questionable decisions that led to interceptions this past year.

are you willing to ignore the 21 INT's . Didn't he have a game late in the season where he threw 3 or 4 INT's in the 2nd half? I always liked Rivers, but come on.

And are you willing to ignore that this past season was an anomaly compared to his lifetime 2 to 1 TD to int ratio?

Hope not. He is getting older.

Everyone is getting older.

Did any of them throw bubble screens or quick hitters WEO? Because Alpha is mighty worried about having a Quarterback who can throw those. Hey after watching EJ and then TT fail to throw screens accurately for 4 years he is obviously conditioned to an offense that fails to include those plays.

Funny 'cos when I watch the NFL the bubble screen and the quick hitter feature in almost every successful passing attack.

As for Rivers..... I do not see him in Buffalo sadly.

He would be very sad in Buffalo.

Rivers seems like a simple man. Not sure why moving a bit north from where he is would be worse than moving hundreds of miles north to SF.

the same people that complain about Tyrod's accuracy want a guy that threw 21 interceptions this season

Ill take the

4,386 yds

33 tds

21 ints

87.9 passer rating

Now imagine how he might do with our running attack to compliment the passing game he can bring, and the fact that he won't be playing on a shittier Chargers team.

And he threw for over 200yds 15 times and over 300 yds 5 times.

SO if were comparing TT with Rivers on who would be the better QB and better stop gap mentoring QB.... Rivers > TT

Would he be able to handle Buffalo, probably not, and he'll have plenty of suitors

Edited by ddaryl

Ill take the

4,386 yds

33 tds

21 ints

87.9 passer rating

Now imagine how he might do with our running attack to compliment the passing game he can bring, and the fact that he won't be playing on a shittier Chargers team.

SO if were comparing TT with Rivers on who would be the better QB and better stop gap mentoring QB.... Rivers > TT

Would he be able to handle Buffalo, probably not, and he'll have plenty of suitors

Yeah, Buffalo- the model franchise of the NFL coming off another 7-9 season.

And just ignore the 21 INT's

If I were Rivers, with all the money and a new home, I'd just retire.

The guy has 6 children, why bother to uproot them just to keep playing.

I'm guessing he leaves them in San Diego and lives by himself in his new city for the 5 month season/training camp. Ive read a lot of vets do that.

Though, I don't really want Rivers if the price is too high. He's got, what, two years left? I'd rather keep the first round pick than give it up for a two year rental.

To top it off he isn't made for the weather in Buffalo. Arm strength isn't everything but I think he'd struggle with the wind in November and December at the Ralph.

He's a very good QB and people are making too much of his INTs. that's what happens when your team sucks and a QB takes chances to try and keep his team in it. But I just don't believe him to be a good fit.

Denver would be the best fit for him. Cold, but not too windy. A short flight from there to San Diego and with a legit QB a real SB contender.

Ill take the

4,386 yds

33 tds

21 ints

87.9 passer rating

He already has an outstanding running back in sd

If I were Rivers, with all the money and a new home, I'd just retire.

The guy has 6 children, why bother to uproot them just to keep playing.

LA is 120 miles from San Diego. He doesnt need to uproot anything. Dude is set to make $20M/year for the next 3 years. He'd be stupid to walk away from $60M over a commute he can afford to make by helicopter in about an hour.

:rolleyes: Ahh, Bills fans. Not that Philip Rivers is coming here. But really: Rivers is signed through 2019, perfectly lining up with the last 2-3 years of what should be (assuming they don't squander it, which they probably will) the Bills competition window. He actually will make less money that Tyrod in the last couple years of his contract. Let that sink in for a bit. He is 12th all time in passing yards. He has not missed a start since taking over as starter in 2006. It would be almost unbelievably good to somehow wake up tomorrow to find out that our new QB is Philip Rivers rather than, say, Tyrod, or Mike Glennon, or Sam Bradford, or Brian Hoyer, or whatever you can come up with. And yet we get the expected "why would we want a guy who threw 21 interceptions last year" comments. :wallbash:

:rolleyes: Ahh, Bills fans. Not that Philip Rivers is coming here. But really: Rivers is signed through 2019, perfectly lining up with the last 2-3 years of what should be (assuming they don't squander it, which they probably will) the Bills competition window. He actually will make less money that Tyrod in the last couple years of his contract. Let that sink in for a bit. He is 12th all time in passing yards. He has not missed a start since taking over as starter in 2006. It would be almost unbelievably good to somehow wake up tomorrow to find out that our new QB is Philip Rivers rather than, say, Tyrod, or Mike Glennon, or Sam Bradford, or Brian Hoyer, or whatever you can come up with. And yet we get the expected "why would we want a guy who threw 21 interceptions last year" comments. :wallbash:

It's easy to ignore the 21 INT's during the offseason. When you watch him throw those during the actual games, you may have a different take.