Rivers not interested in LA - nevermind he is

Reed83HOF

You're crazy if you think he's not a hall of famer.

When it's all said and done, he'll be top 10 in career passing yds. Probably top 7 in passing TDs, and top 10 in passing completions.

Not a hall of fame QB? Give me whatever you're smoking...

Not a HOF QB

Melvin Gordon was terrible in 2015 and Woodhead has been IRed two years in a row, but please continue on like you know anything about the Chargers besides their record.

LMAO. Was Gordon terrible this year?

And Woodhead wasnt IRd in 2015. Carry on.

#tool

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many games did Woodhead play last year? He had +1,000 all purpose yards. How did Gordon do this year?

Maybe you should watch more Chargers games huh?

Gordon was okay. Woodhead played 21 games over 3 years.

Last I checked, "all-purpose yards" are not rushing yards.

Edited by FireChan

You said hes been IRd the past 2 seasons and were an ass about it and low and behold you were wrong.

Gordon had +1300 all purpose yards and 12 TD in what 12 games? Yeh he was just ok.

Go away. Follow your own recommendation and go watch a Chargers game.

Last I checked, "all-purpose yards" are not rushing yards.

I said they had two good running backs. Last i checked a running back is allowed to catch a ball in the NFL. Its part of what makes them good.

Why do people continue to say that the Chargers have no running game? Melvin Gordon and Danny Woodhead are good RB's. They have no running game b/c SD is a pass-first team for the most part, just like the Bills don't have a passing game b/c they're a run-first team.

All those lovely passing stats, and San Diego, since the start of 2015, has scored less points than Buffalo:

Buffalo: 778 points.

SD: 730 points.

But look at those passing yards, surely San Diego must be making it to the playoffs every year.

2010: 9-7

2011: 8-8

2012: 7-9

2013: 9-7

2014: 9-7

2015: 4-12

2016: 5-11

Super Bowl

"Have no running game," would be talking about rushing, not passing or all purpose.

If you wanna hang your hat on Melvin Gordon's 3.9 YPC (29th in the NFL, btw) have at it.

You said hes been IRd the past 2 seasons and were an ass about it and low and behold you were wrong.

Gordon had +1300 all purpose yards and 12 TD in what 12 games? Yeh he was just ok.

Go away. Follow your own recommendation and go watch a Chargers game.

I said they had two good running backs. Last i checked a running back is allowed to catch a ball in the NFL. Its part of what makes them good.

Philip Rivers is not a hall of fame QB- certainly not yet. Numbers are so inflated now, that means very little. Zero Super Bowl appearances trumps your numbers. He's less of a hall of famer than Jim Thome, who will take a while getting in. I'm not sure Rivers was ever considered a top 5 NFL QB at any point in his career.

If he plays for a few more years maybe he gets the Bert Blyleven/Goose Gossage lifetime achievement award but as it stands, right behind him (in terms of passing yards) are Bledsoe and Palmer- not hall off famers- and right above him is Testaverde. He's got a ways to go.

He definitely is a HOF QB in my book. Is SB appearances a requirement for the HOF?

Dan Fouts and Warren Moon have a combined 0 appearances in the SB. But then you have Namath who is in the HOF. There's TONS of players in the HOF that have 0 SB appearances (granted not all are QBs). You're so sure of yourself that Rivers isn't going to go in the HOF because he has 0 SB appearances. I don't believe that at all.

So your argument means nothing to me.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Well, keying in on his ypc helps make his point.

Finishing 7th in the NFL with 10 rushing TD's, on the other hand, would not.

That's a deceiving stat that conflates opportunity with ability.

The 2016 Chargers were 26th in team rushing yards, 22nd in total rushing TD's (with 10, basically Gordon got all of them instead of a handful going to a backup) and 26th in YPC.

In short, their rushing game sucked.

Rivers isn't going to want to play in Buffalo.

However, I wouldn't rule out Rivers replacing Palmer in Arizona. CP isn't a starter anymore - and the Cardinals window is open.

humm.....I could def see this. But stop it. I want him in Buffalo!!

LOL, really? Those are the stats you want to base his projection to the NFL on? First, I don't think you know much about the Clemson offense otherwise you would see that 30 INTs in an offense built on screens, bubble screens and short throws is very concerning. His comp %...come on, its deceptive considering what I just said about the offense and is further enhanced by WR's who can make up for less than accurate throws. Trent Edwards had a high comp % not because he was a good passer, but because his stats were padded by dump offs and short throws.

And this is NOT my evaluation...this is why by MOST standards he is widely considered just the 3rd best QB prospect in this draft...mostly considered out of the top 15 overall prospects, and seen some less than 30th on list of overall prospects. This guy you are raving about could go anywhere from the top 10 to the 2nd round.

And you know why I don't mention how many Touchdowns, because TD production in college is probably the single LEAST important stat to translating to the NFL. In fact, look at the top 10 all time TD passers in college and please find me one QB that has any value:

1 Case Keenum* 155 Houston

2 Kellen Moore* 142 Boise State

3 Graham Harrell* 134 Texas Tech

4 Colt Brennan* 131 Hawaii

4 tie Rakeem Cato* 131 Marshall

6 Landry Jones* 123 Oklahoma

7 Ty Detmer 121 Brigham Young

7 Tie Aaron Murray* 121 Georgia

9 Timmy Chang* 117 Hawaii

10 Matt Barkley* 116 Southern California

How about passing yards all time...on Rivers at #10 proved to be good.

1 Case Keenum* 19217 Houston

2 Timmy Chang* 17072 Hawaii

3 Landry Jones* 16646 Oklahoma

4 Graham Harrell* 15793 Texas Tech

5 Ty Detmer 15031 Brigham Young

6 Kellen Moore* 14667 Boise State

7 Colt Brennan* 14193 Hawaii

8 Rakeem Cato* 14079 Marshall

9 Sean Mannion* 13600 Oregon State

10 Philip Rivers* 13484 North Carolina State

The point is...you can look at what ever stats you want...it does NOT change the fact that he is NOT an accurate downfield thrower, and if he was he would be the #1 Prospect in this draft, but he is not even close to that, and he is widely not even considered the #1 player at his position. WHY...because he doesn't have great passing mechanics and struggles with accuracy down field and there are LEGIT question marks about his ability to develop as a PASSER in the NFL. Does it mean he will be a bust, absolutely not...but, he is far from a sure thing and his passing TD's and Yards don't erase his very relevant weaknesses as a passer.

And considering the Bills already have a QB who is similar to how he projects, it makes even less sense.

This really is all that needs to be said.