Three Hours of Misery - Patriots Texans Playoff

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simms sucks.

Said that the Corner had great "inside technique". All he did was run for the ball and almost intercepted it.

A few plays later he said Edelman had great "outside technique". Its not a technique..its a Position. YOu are either fighting for the inside or outside position. Not fighting for the inside or outside " Technique"

Simms sucks.

Said that the Corner had great "inside technique". All he did was run for the ball and almost intercepted it.

A few plays later he said Edelman had great "outside technique". Its not a technique..its a Position. YOu are either fighting for the inside or outside position. Not fighting for the inside or outside " Technique"

why do you still listen to Simms? I treat him same way I treat Rob Ray when watching the Sabres. Mute button

Playoffs? AFC South has Andrew Luck, the kind of quarterback the Bills haven't drafted in 20 years!!! Say what? He didn't make the playoffs?.. Oh, right. Brock Osweiler.. Why didn't we draft Brock Osweiler in the last 20 years then?

Indy has a terrible D. Houston: great D, no QB.

Ugh- if Houston had any offense, they could have won that game. If Pitt gets through the Chiefs, they could and should beat the Pats.

I think even KC beats NE. But I agree the Steelers have a better chance. Brock is AWFUL.

Saw this on Twitter this morning and thought that it was pretty funny:

Interesting fact from last night's Houston Texans and New England Patriots game. Both fan bases originated in 2002.

That is brilliant!

I think even KC beats NE. But I agree the Steelers have a better chance. Brock is AWFUL.

Just shows you how dumb GM's are reaching for QB's and the Houston GM is not alone. Heck Chicago signed Cutler to a huge deal after watching him play for theiir team for years.

I don't think either of them beats NE. Neither will get to Brady as well as Houston did and the Pats will be much sharper than they were yesterday.

It'll be another year of rooting for the NFC in the Super Bowl.

I don't think either of them beats NE. Neither will get to Brady as well as Houston did and the Pats will be much sharper than they were yesterday.

It'll be another year of rooting for the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Probably right, but I don't think the Pats were not " sharp" . They were who they are. Brady was getting hit, so some timing was a bit off. I don't think PIT or KC will beat them, but they certainly could. This is what the Gronkless Pats look like. Whoever advances needs to be able to pressure TB with four.

KC could be the exception....

If they get up on you they are tough. Still, if I'm trying to beat NE* I like my chances of scoring 30+ and outscoring them more than trying to hold them to less than 20.

You can hold them all game long then they'll get the one drive when they need it, or you will make that one mistake that kills you.

Guys drops a pass, someone fumbles, a normally solid QB starts throwing picks and it's over.

Give me another offense that can keep pace at least and put some pressure on them to be perfect.

This game was a perfect opportunity for Texans coaches to employ a "Trent Dilfer" strategy. Often a really good defensive unit puts you in a position to defeat a superb offensive unit. All an elite D needs from their offense is a game manager at QB. Baltimore winning the SB with Dilfer (a mediocre if not terrible QB) was the best example. Don't throw INTS, run the ball, only make sure high % throws. Peyton Manning did this last year in the AFC final and the SB. Instead the Texans foolishly trusted Osweiler to win them the game when they had enough evidence to the contrary all season that he probably couldn't do that. The Texans defense played a great game. About the only thing they failed to do was to convert the turnovers directly into points themselves. Osweiler only converted one of the turnovers into a TD and the FGS were just not enough. If TT was QB for Houston they would have won that game. The Pats get lucky again!

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?

brought peace?