Who will be our OC?

YoloinOhio

FWIW, a blub on Musgrave:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5-reasons-sean-mcdermott-will-lead-buffalo-bills-to-afc-playoffs-011117

Musgrave was most recently Jack Del Rio’s offensive coordinator with the Oakland Raiders. Seven times has Musgrave been an offensive coordinator, working with star quarterbacks like Matt Ryan and Derek Carr. His knowledge of the passing game could unravel the Gordian knot that is throwing the football in Western New York.

He's not wrong, actual picture of our current passing O:

7818295.jpg?1434403076

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with Kromer. The guy has earned a shot as the OC here. The O-line has performed pretty well overall and have absolutely dominated opponents in the run game with their physicality.

Kromer was the OC of the Bears in 2013 and they finished 4th in the NFL in points scored and 6th in the NFL in offense DVOA with Jay Cutler and Josh McCown. The Bears took a dip in 2014 and finished 14th in Offensive DVOA and 23rd in NFL pts/game.

Since he's been with us, the offensive line has been one of the best performing units on the Bills.

Over his career, he's been an offensive coordinator, offensive line coach, interim head coach, running backs coach.

I don't see many other candidates that are clearly better qualified. Only problem may be if they don't want him just b/c he's a leftover from the Rex regime.

I'd go with Kromer. The guy has earned a shot as the OC here. The O-line has performed pretty well overall and have absolutely dominated opponents in the run game with their physicality.

Kromer was the OC of the Bears in 2013 and they finished 4th in the NFL in points scored and 6th in the NFL in offense DVOA with Jay Cutler and Josh McCown. The Bears took a dip in 2014 and finished 14th in Offensive DVOA and 23rd in NFL pts/game.

Since he's been with us, the offensive line has been one of the best performing units on the Bills.

Over his career, he's been an offensive coordinator, offensive line coach, interim head coach, running backs coach.

I don't see many other candidates that are clearly better qualified. Only problem may be if they don't want him just b/c he's a leftover from the Rex regime.

That was Trestman's offense though. Kromer was a puppet.

That was Trestman's offense though. Kromer was a puppet.

My point being, that he has experience actually calling plays and game planning during the week for an opponent. So the "jump" from Offensive line coach to coordinator wouldn't be a big deal at all.

Kromer is more than qualified to be a coordinator. He's technically more qualified to be a coordinator than Lynn ever was, and look at how well Lynn did running Roman's offense despite just being a puppet himself.

my method of yelling "throw the !@#$ing ball!" as TT held it for 4 seconds and "went through his professions" seems like it would be helpful

Right there with you Yolo. I think I have said before... my neighbours in London probably don't watch the NFL and they have no idea who "Tyrod" is but they know I would like him to "throw the !@#$ing thing" more often.