Sean McDermott's Introductory Presser on 1/13/17 at 2 PM ET

Does it concern anyone else how poor of a public speaker Terry Pegula is.

Whether it's an appearance on WGR radio or opening a press conference today, I've found him to be pretty brutal.

A part of me believes that ones ability to communicate gives you a little insight on ones intelligence and ability to asses other people, and I just wonder if Pegulas total ineptitude when it comes to public communication means anything.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whether it's an appearance on WGR radio or opening a press conference today, I've found him to be pretty brutal.

A part of me believes that ones ability to communicate gives you a little insight on ones intelligence and ability to asses other people, and I just wonder if Pegulas total ineptitude when it comes to public communication means anything.

No. Not at all. He saved NFL football for my hometown.

He said it the best. If you lose at press conferences and win on the field, who cares?

I don't need the owner of the team to have a Rex persona.

who do you report to ?

do you have final say over the 53 ?

what are your thoughts on TT's option ?

What are your plans for hiring assistants? Will you retain any current assistants?

Why do you want to coach here?...haven't you heard it's a 17 year playoff draught.

follow up...How can you change the football status from that of a losing program to a winning program?

Pretty good. I think you nailed the list.

I think you may have nailed it in order too. Bonus points!

Edited by dulles

Glad I didn't watch, sounds like the questions are pure unadulterated ****.

Virtually every question in every press conference is unadulterated ****, but it was worth watching to get a sense of SM's demeanor.

Plus, Kim looked good.

No, not one bit. Einstein wasn't much of a public speaker. Being able to entertain people with your repartee is not the only sign of intelligence. Oh, and I think Terry has about $5B points of IQ. What do you have?

I think McDermott made a first good impression. I look forward to seeing who he hires/retains. Let's see how this all plays out.

As I mentioned earlier, he seems to be earnest, straight forward, and a hard worker.

He talked about winning off the field. Sounds like he is a big believer in personal character kind of like Marv Levy is/was.

I wonder what the future holds for players like Hughes and Dareus?

One of them will be the 1st to raise a Rex question as if McDermott gives a crap about what happened before he arrived at OBD.

@JeremyWGR

Press conference set for 2pm live on @WGR550 , be sure to have your McDermott Bingo Board.

C2DMaxJWgAAtckS.jpg

That's pretty good. I don't get the "agriculture" and "throat culture" but I heard a bunch of the others

Same here. They need to keep drafting but the reality is they won't find anyone better via FA or trade.

It's really the best option. We certainly won't get a franchise QB in free agency. Trading for one would cripple our cap and cost a boat load for a one or two year rental.

Keep drafting and developing...

I made the mistake of watching the press conference on wivb.com. It was unbelievably bad. Horrendous. They would cut away from the press conference to show highlights of some of the stuff they were talking about, with the audio continuing from what McDermott or Doug or Terry were saying BUT would have the audio playing from the highlights, too. So I would hear the cheers of the crowd from the stadium in addition to the press conference, which made it hard to hear at times. Incredibly poor decision and technical problem. Unbelievably amateurish.

NO

It's pretty safe to assume that someone with the net worth of 4.1 billion is pretty smart

Are you insinuating that people who are poor public speakers aren't intelligent? That's just absurd.

I made the mistake of watching the press conference on wivb.com. It was unbelievably bad. Horrendous. They would cut away from the press conference to show highlights of some of the stuff they were talking about, with the audio continuing from what McDermott or Doug or Terry were saying BUT would have the audio playing from the highlights, too. So I would hear the cheers of the crowd from the stadium in addition to the press conference, which made it hard to hear at times. Incredibly poor decision and technical problem. Unbelievably amateurish.

The facebook live feed was flawless.

4.5 thoughts until the feed broke:

1. McD looks cool, confident and in charge. I like him so far.
  2. Poor Whaley looks castrated and defeated.
  3. Jerry Sullivan, the eternal hack with one shtick -- relentless negativity -- needs to lay off.
  4. I'd like for the Bills organization to grow some balls and question The News' performance, which from my viewpoint is not playoff worthy either.
  5. Mmm...Buffalo Water™.