Sean McDermott's Introductory Presser on 1/13/17 at 2 PM ET

@DannySpewakWGRZ

Do you have 46 seconds to spare? Here, watch every single Bills introductory press conference since 1986, starting with Marv Levy. @WGRZ

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/820035279268483077

OK.....does anyone else but me feel like McDermitt gives off a different vibe then ANY of those guys?

He IS changing the defensive scheme.

Yes back to something that fits our players

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just watched the presser. Who knows what 2017 season will bring but it was refreshing to hear a guy thats sincere, talks calmly, and seems actively involved and has a plan. Instead of the previous coach that just loudly said we're going to the playoffs! Don't get me wrong I was gungho too after Rex's presser but the difference this time is Sean seems like he's going to work and not out looking to be a great guy. It also seemed he and Doug get along fine, haven't seen that in 2 years.

...We can only go up from here guys.

yeah pretty much

To me McDermott, after reading up on him the last few days, checks almost all the boxes that I would want from a HC:

1. Has he been successful (recently) at his craft or specialty? Yes.

2. Has he been around the NFL long enough but is still considered young/up and coming? Yes.

3. Is he not a retread? Yes

3. Does he come from a good coaching lineage? Yes

4. Is he a leader? From everything I've read, Yes

By Pegula mentioning McDermott being "faith-based" as one of the key reasons in hiring him, it leaves the impression that those who don't live by a faith are somehow inferior in his eyes.

To paraphrase a joke by the Sabres' Rick Martin: What do Billy Graham and the Bills have in common? They both can make 80,000 people stand up and yell, "Jeeeezus Christ!"

4.5 thoughts until the feed broke:

1. McD looks cool, confident and in charge. I like him so far.
  2. Poor Whaley looks castrated and defeated.
  3. Jerry Sullivan, the eternal hack with one shtick -- relentless negativity -- needs to lay off.
  4. I'd like for the Bills organization to grow some balls and question The News' performance, which from my viewpoint is not playoff worthy either.
  5. Mmm...Buffalo Water™.

i'm not defending the press but that's a recipe for disaster.

He said I spoke with Taylor on the phone. He didn't say who called who. IMO there is almost no chance TT called him versus him calling TT.

Actually, I am not sure team representative are allowed to contact players in the offseason, but I could be wrong about that.

Actually, I am not sure team representative are allowed to contact players in the offseason, but I could be wrong about that.

I forgot the rule but I think when you are a new coach you can have those kinds of talks, you just can't talk football strategy iirc. I remember Rex saying he spoke with a lot of players but had to be careful what he said because he didn't want to break league rules.

ayyyyyy the presser for the new coach mcdermott was molto grande, ahhhhh? here it is in case yous was wondering how to watch it. just copy the “link” into the browsers window. i give my coimplements to the new coach, he’s an OK guy and seems right with the man upstairs if you know what im sayin and the bills can use a little help right about now. i wish coach all the best.

but i must also give my highest complements to the buffalo medias who made coach feel welcomed and with open arms. you got yer sal capacio, your vic carucci, your adam begnni your salvatore mairona….these guys are the best. i was just waiting for them to pop the cork on some vino and pass the bread bowl!
coach mcdermott- welcome to buffalo – Salut!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be2ZHZuiC18

@DannySpewakWGRZ

Do you have 46 seconds to spare? Here, watch every single Bills introductory press conference since 1986, starting with Marv Levy. @WGRZ

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/820035279268483077

Chan Gailey was the best.

By Pegula mentioning McDermott being "faith-based" as one of the key reasons in hiring him, it leaves the impression that those who don't live by a faith are somehow inferior in his eyes.

The Bills coach should be an atheist.