Sean McDermott's Introductory Presser on 1/13/17 at 2 PM ET

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Kim makes him do it. she seems pretty bossy

I think they both understand they have to do it at times, but I think their vision of how they'd like life to be is to appear 3x a year: once for a photo op when signing the #1 draft pick, once for the AFC championship trophy presentation, and once for the Lombardi.

May it become so (see, there's that Faith aspect again)

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I think they both understand they have to do it at times, but I think their vision of how they'd like life to be is to appear 3x a year: once for a photo op when signing the #1 draft pick, once for the AFC championship trophy presentation, and once for the Lombardi.

May it become so (see, there's that Faith aspect again)

they do make nice photo ops.

Then correct me (not being snarky). They were talking about how a persons faith shouldn't be a factor in hiring a coach. Which I agree, but I don't think that was an actual reason why they hired him and they decided to make it one.

Pegula made it one by listing it as a reason for why he chose McDermott.

fair enough.

I am delighted to find we could reach a reasonable conclusion to our conundrum. pretty trippy for such dim bulbs

Best thing that came out of this interview is that he believes that a coach adapts to his player's strength. Rex didn't do that at all.

Everything was all typical BS that I don't buy into

they all say they will adapt.

Pegula made it one by listing it as a reason for why he chose McDermott.

He never listed it as a reason. He said that McD was a smart, determined, faith-based winner. Was the only time he mentioned faith in his intro.

Commenting about the person doesn't make it a reason why they hired him.

Edited by The Wiz

Best thing that came out of this interview is that he believes that a coach adapts to his player's strength. Rex didn't do that at all.

Everything was all typical BS that I don't buy into

Rex talked the talk in his intro presser - said he was a football guy, not a scheme guy, he wants to put his players in position to succeed. Problem was when he didn't walk the walk about it.

This guy seemed a bit more sincere about the way he said it though.

And we agree again!

Moreover, like many skills, public speaking (and spoken communication in general) are skills that can be taught and improved with practice - provided one desires to improve and is motivated to put in the time.

The sense I get from Terry Pegula is that where public speaking is concerned, he lacks both desire to do it and motivation to improve at it. He sees it as something he'd like to hire people to do for him.

Terry is probably like a lot of us. Lousy public speaker..gets nervous, doesn't think quick on his feet...he prefers to speak in a small room with people who he's comfortable with or one on one. The guy is a billionaire. At this point in his life I wouldn't be taking Toastmaster classes either. He is what he is.

As part of my job, I "speak" in public. I am an attorney.

While I think that being able to speak articulately is a sign of intelligence, I do not think that NOT being able to do so is a sign of LACK of intelligence.

I know some VERY smart people who also are socially awkward and uncomfortable. Moreover, I remember seeing a list of the things that people fear in life and (as I recall) public speaking ranked higher than getting cancer.

It would be a HUGE mistake to judge Terry's intelligence based on whether he is a gifted public speaker.

Even though you're a lawyer, I agree. I know some intelligent, successful people who are extremely smooth and articulate when speaking to a group. I know others who are just as successful and intelligent who are terrible in front of a group.

In interviews, Terry seems like a bright enough guy to run a successful sports franchise. I'm not worried about him - or Kim.

It's more about judgment and 'intentionality' than it is about intellect and speaking skills, any way.

Whaley has been around TT and seen what he can do on the field and behind closed doors, if he is the GM of this team he should be making the decision on TT not the new coach. He should have a much better handle on TT's capabilities than a new coach just watching game tape.

Honestly I think Whaley is more into the college part during the season since that is what he is supposed to be doing.

Let Kim talk next time and you will all be happy. This is football and all you do is amuse yourself battering back and forth. Sad. IQ well below --.

:D

After watching the presser, I think they found a winner. He seams like a straight forward guy that knows what it takes to win in the NFL, I hope he works out. Either way, I will still get my season tickets, like I do every year.

Go Bills!!!!

I too . I think the consensus is we all are hoping it works out !

By Pegula mentioning McDermott being "faith-based" as one of the key reasons in hiring him, it leaves the impression that those who don't live by a faith are somehow inferior in his eyes.

If that is what you got out of that . . . God help you.

I am only partially kidding.

By Pegula mentioning McDermott being "faith-based" as one of the key reasons in hiring him, it leaves the impression that those who don't live by a faith are somehow inferior in his eyes.

Why is it when anyone mentions faith people like you come out of the wood work? Nobody is pushing it on you so what's your problem? Never mind I think I know.