Sean McDermott's Introductory Presser on 1/13/17 at 2 PM ET

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's not what they said.

Then correct me (not being snarky). They were talking about how a persons faith shouldn't be a factor in hiring a coach. Which I agree, but I don't think that was an actual reason why they hired him and they decided to make it one.

Edited by The Wiz

Yeah, that's the question. Looks like yolo & I heard it the same way that TT called him yesterday and then they had a chat at OBD today.

Are you referring to the presser or the John Butler interview? I think he said that TT called him on JB's show

The John Murphy Show? He didn't say Tyrod called him.

Yeah, that's the question. Looks like yolo & I heard it the same way that TT called him yesterday and then they had a chat at OBD today.

I thought I heard the same thing. Just checked the PC video - at the ~25:00 mark he says "We did talk on the phone yesterday...and I appreciate his willingness to reach out" - which implies (to me) that Tyrod called him (and is why we probably thought we heard him actually say that Tyrod called him)

Edited by stevewin

The John Murphy Show? He didn't say Tyrod called him.

Schopp and BD said that TT texted McD. Not sure who called who.

I said 132....not 32

I was going to say 13.2 but that's actually really dumb and mean.

Edited by The Wiz

There is some sort of misconception around here that anyone with a lot of money is fabulously intelligent.

As someone who has been around a lot of very wealthy people in a professional context for a long time, I can assure you that is often not the case.

In my experience, I would say the qualities universally shared among people like Pegula are an unusual willingness to take risk, unwavering persistence, and desire to work really hard. Raw intelligence often doesn't enter into it, nor need it, though sometimes it does, of course.

Being articulate is one form or facet of intelligence. There is a huge diversity in the label of "intelligence". It's breadth can also be very narrow or wide. For Pegula to have built where he is now, I feel most people would agree takes intelligence. Many people can take risks, work hard and have unwavering persistence. To do that unintelligently will not build you a fortune.

I'm not expecting much from any of these guys it's much less painful that way. The line of questioning where they ask McDermott if he can keep Taylor is sloppy as all heck. It implies that the new coach should have decision making control of a guy that the sitting GM has worked with and should be able to make a much better prediction of the player going forward. OFC McDermott and the new OC should have input but the GM needs to be able to do his job.

I think I misinterpreted your initial post... I thought it was taking issue with Whaley and the fact that a decision has yet to be made, but it would appear from your response that it was actually directed at the press. My bad.

Really?

Come on. This is what they are focusing on as a criticism? There is nothing wrong with having faith or being faith-based.

In fact, many times, I have to draw on my faith to be a Buffalo Bills fan.

They would have hired Reich if that is what was most important.

As part of my job, I "speak" in public. I am an attorney.

While I think that being able to speak articulately is a sign of intelligence, I do not think that NOT being able to do so is a sign of LACK of intelligence.

I know some VERY smart people who also are socially awkward and uncomfortable. Moreover, I remember seeing a list of the things that people fear in life and (as I recall) public speaking ranked higher than getting cancer.

It would be a HUGE mistake to judge Terry's intelligence based on whether he is a gifted public speaker.

And we agree again!

Moreover, like many skills, public speaking (and spoken communication in general) are skills that can be taught and improved with practice - provided one desires to improve and is motivated to put in the time.

The sense I get from Terry Pegula is that where public speaking is concerned, he lacks both desire to do it and motivation to improve at it. He sees it as something he'd like to hire people to do for him.

I thought I heard the same thing. Just checked the PC video - at the ~25:00 mark he says "We did talk on the phone yesterday...and I appreciate his willingness to reach out" - which implies (to me) that Tyrod called him (and is why we probably thought we heard him actually say that Tyrod called him)

yes. thanks you for clarifying. he said something a tad different at John Murphy i . He is doing well to protect his position and the Team while saying good on TT

I said 132....not 32 :lol:

My IQ is in that neighborhood too...sadly I am not a self made billionaire either...I chose a science career.

Alas alack. i am sad. i am not worthy. only a thirty two. my parents lied to me

Schopp and BD said that TT texted McD. Not sure who called who.

I was going to say 13.2 but that's actually really dumb and mean.

are you calling me dumb AND mean ?

:lol::bag:

sure, ganging up on the stupid kid

And we agree again!

Moreover, like many skills, public speaking (and spoken communication in general) are skills that can be taught and improved with practice - provided one desires to improve and is motivated to put in the time.

The sense I get from Terry Pegula is that where public speaking is concerned, he lacks both desire to do it and motivation to improve at it. He sees it as something he'd like to hire people to do for him.

I think Kim makes him do it. she seems pretty bossy