Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

Damn wish I had the story link I read this week on QB starters in the league who were four year college players. Whoever this guy is from VT has no shot.

Didn't Dak Prescott play 4 years. Just watched Jerod Evans highlights. Looks similar to Dak for sure. Even rocks the #4

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He beat the Patriots in October.

Ravens game was Roman's fault - hence the firing.

Ajay ran for 200+.

I'll stick with fake noos/click bait

If you think beating the Patriots when they started a third string QB with a bad digit is an achievement , well that would be fake news.

Didn't Dak Prescott play 4 years. Just watched Jerod Evans highlights. Looks similar to Dak for sure. Even rocks the #4

I think he meant there's a lot of data out there that shows 4-year players have a much better chance of NFL success than ones who leave early or only played a couple years.

Evans' game is very similar to Dak's. Protects the ball (only 5 picks), throws well on the run, very durable (6'3" 238). He went to the same JuCo that Cam Newton went to - one of the outliers of successful NFL QB's with only one year of experience in D1a football.

He'll get some looks. Might be that steal in the 5th or 6th rd.

so... a January mock draft that means nothing

They are not going to keep Tyrod... Watson is the best QB in the draft... it's not a good start to the mock draft period.

If Whaley picks EJ Jr., I mean Kizer, we're most certainly screwed. Signing Cutler? Just as bad. So many landmines...

What does that even mean ? Fake Noos if you ask me.

Extremely unlikely to be fake news. Wawrow is an AP writer with a very good reputation for reporting facts, using actual sources, and being measured and careful with what he says.

The Bills/Whaley had a specific list of developments they wanted to see from Tyrod before deciding he was "The Man". Implication is by October (maybe halfway through season?) they weren't seeing the developments they wanted.

On the other hand, "leaning towards" and "already made the decision" are not the same thing.

Just say NO to DeShaun Watson. OFMG I think that's who Whaley wants... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

:thumbsup:

They want a 6'4" strong armed pocket ( aka " white") QB for the Bills.

was not EJ that size.

What we want is someone who is a pocket passer but can run when necessary

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I want a QB who will help the Bills finish in the top 10 in scoring every year, even when the defense doesn't help because it can't force turnovers. I want a QB who helps our defense by not turning the ball over. We have that guy and apparently want to get rid of him. I have no problem with the Bills drafting a QB but they should stick with Taylor for the next two seasons.

I do think the perception about Watson being run first would not exist if he was white. He isn't run first. He is a good runner, but he is absolutely a passer first.

True. There are valid concerns that he was not asked to go through the kinds of progressions and make the kinds of reads that will be required of him in the NFL. He executed the offense he was asked to run - half field reads, one or two options before running, etc. - and he did it well. He may or may not make he growth he needs to make it in the NFL - and in that regard he's a lot like every other top QB coming out this year. I don't want to see the Bills reach for a QB, I just want them to get a guy who has a real chance to make it at a reasonable draft value and I want to see them bring him along properly, even if it takes time and frustrates fans.

Edited by BarleyNY