Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

Darnold certainly looked good as a freshman, but I remember when Barkley was supposed to be a can't miss prospect after his freshman year too. Even if he does turn out to be the real thing next year, he could pull a Peyton manning on the jets and go back to school if he doesn't want to play for Buffalo.

Good point. Like Ryan L Said about Cook's sister, lets pump the brakes a little on Darnold.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darnold certainly looked good as a freshman, but I remember when Barkley was supposed to be a can't miss prospect after his freshman year too. Even if he does turn out to be the real thing next year, he could pull a Peyton manning on the jets and go back to school if he doesn't want to play for Buffalo.

You still have Rosen, Rudolph, Falk, etc... It's just a better group.

Good point. Like Ryan L Said about Cook's sister, lets pump the brakes a little on Darnold.

Look I get the strategy of trying to set up for a good pick in a "supposid" qb rich draft......its something I feel we have not actually tried before....

but look at this logically from the people in charge propective.....Whaley is not going to set up his own firing....he is going to do what he thinks is the best thing to ensure his saying....that does not include a intentional tank.

I mean...if we are gonna intentionally tank then why the emphasis on 4/3 like Whaley appears to be doing to better suit the defense? A top 10 defense gets us in the playoffs this year and will most certainly be worth wins NEXT year

Look I get the strategy of trying to set up for a good pick in a "supposid" qb rich draft......its something I feel we have not actually tried before....

but look at this logically from the people in charge propective.....Whaley is not going to set up his own firing....he is going to do what he thinks is the best thing to ensure his saying....that does not include a intentional tank.

I mean...if we are gonna intentionally tank then why the emphasis on 4/3 like Whaley appears to be doing to better suit the defense? A top 10 defense gets us in the playoffs this year and will most certainly be worth wins NEXT year

This is why I feel if the Pegulas truly have Whaley on a short leash, a year or something, they should just fire him now and clean house.

Where is the 4-3 emphasis?

That is the exact point though. Does he expect a rookie, in this class, to improve upon 26 PPG? He must think that if he let's TT walk. He's an idiot if he thinks that.

There are 2 options to get better. 1 is to keep the offense rolling and fix the defense. 2 is to tank and clear the deck. Fix it in 2018. The option that seems most likely is to draft and play a QB that will be a downgrade this year. Win 6 games next year and pray that the guy you picked equals TT's production at any point in his career. This will be the 2nd time that we've tried to address QB in a bad QB draft. I always say that "the Bills can't be this stupid." We will find out.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

That is the exact point though. Does he expect a rookie, in this class, to improve upon 26 PPG? He must think that if he let's TT walk. He's an idiot if he thinks that.

There are 2 options to get better. 1 is to keep the offense rolling and fix the defense. 2 is to tank and clear the deck. Fix it in 2018. The option that seems most likely is to draft and play a QB that will be a downgrade this year. Win 6 games next year and pray that the guy you picked equals TT's production at any point in his career. I always say that "the Bills can't be this stupid." We will find out.

True.....Whaley's blueprint has not been shown yet.....we dont even know if TT is truly gone yet.

For the record.....I am not a fan of any of this....I think we should keep TT, draft a qb, and fix our defense

True.....Whaley's blueprint has not been shown yet.....we dont even know if TT is truly gone yet.

For the record.....I am not a fan of any of this....I think we should keep TT, draft a qb, and fix our defense

To me it's keep TT or draft a guy early. I'd rather keep TT and draft a guy early in 2018. If TT is going to start anyways what difference does it make if you take a QB in a bad draft or a good draft? You have the luxury of waiting. If he is going to go we are forced to add one of these guys and hope. Edited by Kirby Jackson

This is why I feel if the Pegulas truly have Whaley on a short leash, a year or something, they should just fire him now and clean house.

I do think he is the focal point for the pegulas.

I also feel he IS on a short leash.

terry and kim might be thinking 5 year plan or seven even.

Whaley needs to show his worth this upcoming season. That's what i think Pegulas are doing. might suck for fans, but good for building a long term.

To me it's keep TT or draft a guy early. I'd rather keep TT and draft a guy early in 2018. If TT is going to start anyways what difference does it make if you take a QB in a bad draft or a good draft. You have the luxury of waiting. If he is going to go we are forced to add one of these guys and hope.

simplified

I do think he is the focal point for the pegulas.

I also feel he IS on a short leash.

terry and kim might be thinking 5 year plan or seven even.

Whaley needs to show his worth this upcoming season. That's what i think Pegulas are doing. might suck for fans, but good for building a long term.

Yes but if DW is on a short leash he is not going to think long term on his decisions......

Tanking for a top pick in 2018 would be a long term decision

Yes but if DW is on a short leash he is not going to think long term on his decisions......

Tanking for a top pick in 2018 would be a long term decision

...and drafting and playing a guy this year would be an indication that Whaley expects the rookie to produce more than the 26 PPG we got this year.

I will be going to the stadium area but we are already planning on it becoming an ALL DAY tailgate. :thumbsup:

Thanks to the blackout lift.......the game is ALWAYS on.........and the HD picture off the antenna is actually better than the Directv feed........and we've got 5 star quality food and drink :thumbsup: .....plus Pizza Oven sweet-sauced pizza with the cup and char pepperoni and better freshly prepared wings than Duff's or Bar-Bill.

Could be a good revenue opportunity for Hammer..........put up some tv's and allow food vendors to set up on site.

That's a cool set up for sure!

It's only weird if Pegula thinks this team should win now and hasn't given Whaley a 3 year commitment to let him try again. If he has it's just foolish and more evidence Pegula hasn't a clue.

This is definitely true. If he gave him a 3 year window all bets are off. Pegulas doesn't come across as that guy though. I guess it will all play out.