Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

To trade up for a QB it will be the 10th pick, a 2018 1st and a 2nd rounder. Something like that is the going rate. We saw it twice last year.

I'd much prefer to go the other way this year and trade 10 for a 2018 1st and get another 2nd this year. The QBs are in 2018 not 2017. Let's not make the same mistake that we made in 2013, trying to draft a QB in a bad QB draft.

This isn't the season to move up from 10 for a QB. Every single one of them needs significant development. Take a chance on one of them on day 1 or 2, but don't overdraft one. This team needs too much to waste draft capital. Also expect to start seeing the name Josh Allen in these conversations. I haven't made my mind up on him yet, but he might very well be the first QB off the board. And he just declared.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'd have to jump in front of san fran, jets, and chicago. the usual trade up involves the next years first and a 2nd from either that year or the following year. the clean 10 pick and next 2 first is probably what gets it done. i would not add in any 2nds.

Mocks aren't science of course but i posted one in the draft thread that had Watson to us at 10 and Trubisky to cards at 13 as a Palmer clone.

This isn't the season to move up from 10 for a QB. Every single one of them needs significant development. Take a chance on one of them on day 1 or 2, but don't overdraft one. This team needs too much to waste draft capital. Also expect to start seeing the name Josh Allen in these conversations. I haven't made my mind up on him yet, but he might very well be the first QB off the board. And he just declared.

Exactly (and I like Allen to go early as well).

Mocks aren't science of course but i posted one in the draft thread that had Watson to us at 10 and Trubisky to cards at 13 as a Palmer clone.

Mocks at this time of year have QBs over-drafted too. In 2013 we saw Nassib at 8, Geno at 1, etc.... I don't think that there will be more than 3 in round 1 this year. This year is about the DBs. There are a ton of long and talented defensive backs.

To trade up for a QB it will be the 10th pick, a 2018 1st and a 2nd rounder. Something like that is the going rate. We saw it twice last year.

I'd much prefer to go the other way this year and trade 10 for a 2018 1st and get another 2nd this year. The QBs are in 2018 not 2017. Let's not make the same mistake that we made in 2013, trying to draft a QB in a bad QB draft.

There is no need to force the issue in this draft. There are three good qb prospects in Trubisky, Kiser and Watson. One of them should be available. I don't believe that the Jets will draft a qb in the first round because they stashed Hackenberg for the expressed purpose of grooming. San Fran needs to do a major rebuild. So they may just opt for one of the highly rated defensive players.

One of the three top qb prospects should be available. My recommendation is to snatch one of them and get the player on the roster. I wouldn't even be bothered if the prospect doesn't play in his rookie year. Last year's first round pick, Lawson, didn't play until the end of the season due to an injury. For those who argue that Cardale is a good prospect my response is simple: Compete and win the job.

100%.

Again, it's asinine to let Tyrod walk.

I have been a critic of Tryrod because I don't believe he is a complete qb. But if I had to bet it would be that he remains with the team if he is willing to modify his contract. Even if he stays or not my preference would be to draft a qb in the first round.

I also believe this is not a season to move up for Quarterback. If a guy you like falls to you at #10 you take him but trading up should be reserved for really special prospects. I'd have traded up for Winston or Mariota but wouldn't have done for Goff or Wentz.

I think Watson might get to 10. Trubisky is gonna go before that if he declares. That suits me I have Watson higher.

There is no need to force the issue in this draft. There are three good qb prospects in Trubisky, Kiser and Watson. One of them should be available. I don't believe that the Jets will draft a qb in the first round because they stashed Hackenberg for the expressed purpose of grooming. San Fran needs to do a major rebuild. So they may just opt for one of the highly rated defensive players.

One of the three top qb prospects should be available. My recommendation is to snatch one of them and get the player on the roster. I wouldn't even be bothered if the prospect doesn't play in his rookie year. Last year's first round pick, Lawson, didn't play until the end of the season due to an injury. For those who argue that Cardale is a good prospect my response is simple: Compete and win the job.

I'd vomit if they drafted Kizer. Josh Allen may end up at the top. There isn't a top 10 player (maybe top 20) at QB in this draft. Someone will get picked before then but this is not a good QB draft. Watson is the only guy I'd consider at 10 because he competes. Not one of these guys is improving us in 2017 IMO.

I also believe this is not a season to move up for Quarterback. If a guy you like falls to you at #10 you take him but trading up should be reserved for really special prospects. I'd have traded up for Winston or Mariota but wouldn't have done for Goff or Wentz.

I think Watson might get to 10. Trubisky is gonna go before that if he declares. That suits me I have Watson higher.

How do you compare Watson to Kizer? Which one is more accurate?

Trubisky can make NFL throws and seems to see the field well but not sure he's considered a "pro-style" QB? UNC runs a pretty simple spread offense.

I heard it called a "pro-style spread" the other day. I kind of know what they mean in that it has some traditional pro concepts in it but you could make the same case for Goff in Cal last year and look at the difficult transition he has had!

I heard it called a "pro-style spread" the other day. I kind of know what they mean in that it has some traditional pro concepts in it but you could make the same case for Goff in Cal last year and look at the difficult transition he has had!

it is much like Cal's offense. When I think of pro-style QBs I think of Michigan, Stanford,USC, MSU Edited by YoloinOhio

Trubisky can make NFL throws and seems to see the field well but not sure he's considered a "pro-style" QB? UNC runs a pretty simple spread offense.

Apparently the Jets like him. Am I the only one that is concerned that he is a 1 year starter in addition to playing in the simple system that you mentioned? Why do we expect him to seamlessly transition and improve our offense that scored 26 PPG as a rookie?

How do you compare Watson to Kizer? Which one is more accurate?

Oh Watson is well ahead of Kizer on my board. I have a second round grade on Kizer. He has some nice tools but there is a lot of work to be done for him. I feel like Watson could start day 1 and if you set him up for success, good line, good run game, decent weapons and used his legs a little he could be a good rookie QB.

Kizer is a project for me. I have a mid 2nd on him. He has some tools.

Apparently the Jets like him. Am I the only one that is concerned that he is a 1 year starter in addition to playing in the simple system that you mentioned? Why do we expect him to seamlessly transition and improve our offense that scored 26 PPG as a rookie?

he has like 2 more starts than Cardale

The jets will be our daddy's from 2018 on.

I envision a Wentz like up and down from him next year followed by dominance.

I have a hunch the Jets go QB. Hackenberg is apparently horrible (if reports are to be believed) and QB is their single biggest hole by far.

Ha ha, of course Sackenberg sucks. Everyone paying attention could see that from a mile away.

The jets will be our daddy's from 2018 on.

I envision a Wentz like up and down from him next year followed by dominance.

That is fair. It's clear though that there will be a big adjustment period. Again, he has 13 career starts in a spread offense. As long as we are comfortable going backwards in 2017 (which I can't assume Whaley is) then it is a possibility I suppose.