Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

"Were you privy to the decision to have oatmeal before you sat down to breakfast? Did you have any discussions about oatmeal with the Pegulas? If you didn't put raisins in it, then what, exactly, is your breakfast responsibility?"

"I'm not sure what oatmeal is or does. It does a lot of things, I guess"

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I'm thinking a lot of these "leaks" about Tyrod not being retained are intentional. Leaks from OBD to read both Bills fan reaction and reactions from media and other teams.

The more information they can use to assess Taylor's value the better.

Whaa? This makes no sense. Why should the Bills care about fan reaction and reactions from media? The only reactions that matter are those from other teams, which are as follows:

Tyrod Taylor? Oh, the Bills are gonna cut him, we can shut up, sit back, and maybe pick him up.

So if we dont pick up the option on him and another team signs him does that count towards comp picks for next year or not? If it does should be a 3rd right if we sign less players with his big contract he will sign

Whaa? This makes no sense. Why should the Bills care about fan reaction and reactions from media? The only reactions that matter are those from other teams, which are as follows:

Tyrod Taylor? Oh, the Bills are gonna cut him, we can shut up, sit back, and maybe pick him up.

The media would love to think that the front office is basing their decisions on their reporting. :lol:

The funny thing is out of all of the hate for Brandon, if this were true, we should truly hate the media for trying to GM the team, and the Pegula's for allowing it.

Edited by What a Tuel

Yes ! It's time to pass the ball again!

Ok yeah, so we can be 15th in passing and 12th in running. Do you realize we were a top 10 offense in terms of scoring? Offense wasn't the problem with this team. We had a bad defense and two bad kickers. Not sure how people don't get this. We're a playoff team with a better than average defense.

Ok yeah, so we can be 15th in passing and 12th in running. Do you realize we were a top 10 offense in terms of scoring? Offense wasn't the problem with this team. We had a bad defense and two bad kickers. Not sure how people don't get this. We're a playoff team with a better than average defense.

If the defense held up in even just 3-4 of these games where they got relentlessly blown up, I'd say we are in the playoffs. Not even considering the Pats blow out game, I'm thinking allowing the Raiders to run up 29 points in basically 1 quarter, allowing Ajayi to run all over us for 400+ yards, not tackling Le'Veon Bell.

Just brutal.

For what it's worth, #Bills have been leaning toward moving on from Tyrod since October.

I can believe this. Like I said elsewhere, the Bills contract was structured to be team-friendly in case of a "yes" or a "no" decision.

Taylor's performance has been, at best, "perhaps".

It's possible that Trent Dilfer is onto something and that the design of Roman's passing game and the coaching Taylor has received are problems. But that's an awful lot of money to tie up in possible.

I am hopeful that "leaning towards moving on" means just that - leaning that way, but willing to assess options, get the input of the new HC and his OC, and then decide, and that the rumors of "already decided" are just that.

I do not want to see another season where our QB options are a rookie who is NOT ready and whatever 2nd and 3rd tier FA we can sweep up. At least Taylor was fun to watch.

You really don't think that the general fan consensus effects much of the decisions made by the vast majority of professional sports teams?

This might be a stupid question, but if TT is as good as gone, why wasn't he let go at the same time as Rex? He was complaining he wanted to start the last game, so no dispute on the injury clause. Is there a reason the Bills need to wait until March to decide on the option?

As has been said - makes absolutely NO sense to me that they would make this call before bringing on a new coach.

If it's Lynn (or he's the OC) and he says "no way!", pass, if not why *wouldn't* you wait for the new HC's opinion? Do you think in the interviews Whaley is like "Oh you like Tyrod, sorry bro, he's gone!!"?

Me either...

You really don't think that the general fan consensus effects much of the decisions made by the vast majority of professional sports teams?

Well, no, no, I don't, if for no other reason than I'm really not sure any such hypothetical beast as "general fan consensus" truly exists and if it does, it can change tomorrow. If it does exist, a team could waste a lot of man-hours and brain cycles trying to figure out what it is.

People get it.... Ryan L Billz does not.

His avatar was also Drew Bledsoe for a few months which goes to show you how much he knows....

It's cute how you hate all things Buffalo Bills related but have a huge heart for some jag qb ranked in the mid 20's.

Whaley's got you bro. Billieve !

Qb's that use the whole field will be in the draft, it'll be okay.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

He is absolutely gone. I think people have been clinging to what I think is a fiction: that Whaley wants to let a coach decide. All signs, however, point to WHALEY wanting to decide about Taylor. And he doesn't want him. That appears to be a fact based on what I know.

People have been taking Whaley at his word, given in front of a group of reporters. People have also been taking Pegula at his word, given in his interview to John Wawrow: "As for Taylor's future, Pegula said that was still to be evaluated before the Bills have to decide in March to pick up the option on his five-year contract extension."

I don't know what you know, or from whom you know it. Pegula and Whaley don't "owe the public" an explanation of any of their plans. But frankly as a fan, when I take the GM at his word and take the owner at his word, I find it rather ironic and insulting to be told I'm "clinging to a fiction". It is possible that both Pegula and Whaley are saying they will wait to decide when they truly have already made up their minds. If that's the case, the correct phrase isn't "clinging to a fiction" it's "believing the GM and owner's bald-faced lies".

If that decision is already made then we can use a favorite quote from another coach but it will be used towards the Bills front office .

"They are who we thought they are" and we let them keep us on the hook !!

Thanks D.G.

The structure of TT's contract makes him difficult for the Bills to trade. His actual salary is reasonable, so his current contract makes him very attractive for a trading partner. But to keep him we have to pay upfront $15.5M option bonus. It's currently split over 5 years, but if we trade TT it accelerates and all hits the cap this year. So to trade him we'd take a $15.5M cap hit. Need to have a pretty attractive trade offered to go there.

With the number of our free agents I cant see a trade ever happening. We cant afford to have that much dead money on one player.

33 pages for a rumor. Very impressive boys and girls.

I can not believe they would have made this decision already. It has nothing to do with the Jets game.

First they don't have to make a decision right now. Second they don't have a HC to get their input.

This is 100% speculation.

33 pages for a rumor. Very impressive boys and girls.

I can not believe they would have made this decision already. It has nothing to do with the Jets game.

First they don't have to make a decision right now. Second they don't have a HC to get their input.

This is 100% speculation.

Even if it is a "source", it could be as simple as an employee of the Bills looking at it and saying "I don't think they are going to pick up the option, no". Great we got some unknown schlubs opinion on Tyrod's contract situation. Awesome.