Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

Once upon a time, in ancient history when Jim Schwartz was DC of the Bills, they could roll out two separate high-quality four-man D lines. They had 8 starter-quality DEs and DTs.

This year, when Dareus was hurt, they were scraping the bottom of the barrel to find THREE starters on the D line.

Thanks Wrecks and Doug for building a bully on the D line. Well, at least we have a lot of good LBs. Wait, the good ones are FAs. Hmm.

I'm willing to get on board the McDermott train but if Taylor is not retained and a talented and/or experienced OC (either Lynn or Turner) is not hired then he's going to fail.

That's just reality.

Agree on retaining TT. He's by far the best option available. That's not saying much, I realize, but it's true.

No way Lynn comes back as OC, unfortunately. He's after a HC job, and returning now to the Bills would feel like admitting failure. I think he did a very good job considering the injuries at WR, and I'd be happy if he did come back.

I hope "culture change" and "accountable" do not mean BS things like air horns.

One thing I feel the Bills need are standards, expectations. To be a Bill means you're expected to do this this and this, on and off the field all year long.

With Marrone Hughes would do one dumb thing and would be pulled. Rex lets Mario dance on the field all year and does nothing.

Marrone had this corny thing about 'what it means to be a Bill.' A lot of successful sports organizations have that same focus on creating a standard of expectation- it was not a focus under Rex.

Maybe, just maybe I have no idea, McDermott can bring quiet accountability with a realness and relatability that Marrone may have lacked.

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

If this does not work out, will Whaley and his people point to the positioning of the Pegulas and Whaley relative to McDermott to attempt to argue that McDermott was not really his hire but the Pegulas forced Sean on Whaley.

Someone should ask Doug if he and Sean finish each other's sentences.

Just having some fun.

Go Bills!

Kim Pegula @KimPegula 11m11 minutes ago

C17MVSHVEAAfGbo.jpg

If I were Doug Whaley, I would hope that Kim does not have time to read some of the comments that people have tweeted in response to her tweet.