Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

(Reposted) so you're saying we Manually beat his unit?

Haha. Yes!!!

I'm just kidding with this. Just think it's funny we hired a coach who's defense allowed an EJ Manuel led offense to score a game winning time expiring TD. He's the worst QB of all time ever.

Haha. Yes!!!

I'm just kidding with this. Just think it's funny we hired a coach who's defense allowed an EJ Manuel led offense to score a game winning time expiring TD. He's the worst QB of all time ever.

to be fair, manuel did next to nothing on that drive

fred jackson won that game for the bills

You are probably right! I should look at the positive but I just don't see any here. You take a guy who has been to the playoffs, hire him, he goes .500 for two seasons, and then fire him. You replace him with a guy who has never been a HC, has a worse defense then the guy you just fired, and say he is great because he is a good wrestler. I also just read that article where MC has worked with Steelers coach Tomlin. Whaley has deep ties to the Steelers. 1+1 = Whaley was looking for a young coach because that is how his former employer did it and it worked, then talks to his guys in Pitt who recommend MC because Tomlin knows the guy. So maybe MC works out, but the Bills will not make the playoffs next year and possibly the year after. Also, the Pegulas are not going to be able to sell seats this year like they have in the past. No one is excited over this hire, just hopeful.

I'm just glad they're going back to the 4-3. I was against the Ryan hire because I knew he liked the 3-4 and that meant retooling the defense.

But the biggest thing is they need to find a franchise QB. Any coach will look good with one.

You are probably right! I should look at the positive but I just don't see any here. You take a guy who has been to the playoffs, hire him, he goes .500 for two seasons, and then fire him. You replace him with a guy who has never been a HC, has a worse defense then the guy you just fired, and say he is great because he is a good wrestler. I also just read that article where MC has worked with Steelers coach Tomlin. Whaley has deep ties to the Steelers. 1+1 = Whaley was looking for a young coach because that is how his former employer did it and it worked, then talks to his guys in Pitt who recommend MC because Tomlin knows the guy. So maybe MC works out, but the Bills will not make the playoffs next year and possibly the year after. Also, the Pegulas are not going to be able to sell seats this year like they have in the past. No one is excited over this hire, just hopeful.

The reality is that Rex's defense wasn't working here and wasn't going to work next season. Then Rex would have been fired after not making the playoffs in '17 and his defense continuing to regress. The Bills just got a jump start on things and moved on from Ryan a year early .

Um.. When can we start calling him McDumass?

When he gets a rubber band around his stomach because he is to lazy to workout, gets it removed cause he didn't want to have to follow a diet and gets fat again.

When he gets a tattoo of a bad quarterback with his current teams colors and then has to change the color of his tatoo after he gets fired.

When he paints a truck plastered in logos of his team claiming they will have to carry him out kicking and screaming when in reality he waddled to said truck and made a pathetic 10 mph exit out of the parking lot. (Someone in the know should put a sad 80s song to the video of him driving)

When he hires his obese brother to help him improve a defense after his brother just got fired for leading one of the worst NFL defenses in history for a couple of years.

When he can't master the headset and blames his players for not understanding his defense.

When he doesn't interact with any of his players during the game and refuses to take someone out for disciplinary reasons and blown assignments during the game unless they get into an altercation with his fat brother.

When he says we are going to the playoffs and then has to stand in front of the press with his awful fake teeth he has because he couldn't be bothered to brush the ones he had and says "I don't know what happened".

When he says this is the last coaching job he will ever have and gets fired 23 months later.

That's when we can start calling him "McDumass"

Edited by Estelle Getty

When he gets a rubber band around his stomach because he is to lazy to workout, gets it removed cause he didn't want to have to follow a diet and gets fat again.

When he gets a tattoo of a bad quarterback with his current teams colors and then has to change the color of his tatoo after he gets fired.

When he paints a truck plastered in logos of his team claiming they will have to carry him out kicking and screaming when in reality he waddled to said truck and made a pathetic 10 mph exit out of the parking lot. (Someone in the know should put a sad 80s song to the video of him driving)

When he hires his obese brother to help him improve a defense after his brother just got fired for leading one of the worst NFL defenses for a couple of years.

When he can't master the headset and blames his players for not understanding his defense.

When he doesn't interact with any of his players during the game and refuses to take someone out for disciplinary reasons and blown assignments during the game unless they get into an altercation with his fat brother.

When he says we are going to the playoffs and then has to stand in front of the press with his awful fake teeth he has because he couldn't be bothered to brush the ones he had and says "I don't know what happened".

When he says this is the last coaching job he will ever have and gets fired 23 months later.

That's when we can start calling him "McDumass"

Totally Kidding about the "McDumass moniker". (for now) I think the new HC is in for a rough ride, but I don't think he's anywhere NEAR the type of moron you described above...

I have been told by people much more knowledgeable about football than me (One guy actually works for NFL Films) that this was an really good hire. He comes from the Andy Reid Jim Johnson tree and was a very hot candidate last year but didn't get jobs because of the Panthers run to the Super Bowl made teams not want to wait on him.

My gut tells me this was an OK hire, Panthers defense has been very up and down the past 6 years and while they have developed a lot of talent they also invested a lot of high draft choices into the defense. Hopefully this works out well and they keep Tyrod Taylor since I don't see an avenue to replace him.

McDermott seems like a credible guy. He could end up being another Bill Belichick or just another guy. Who knows? Time will tell.

At this point, we need to see how it plays out. It will be interesting to see whom he can attract to be on his staff. McCoy would have been nice and I am not sure where that is going or the status of that. I do think it is important for McDermott to have someone experienced upon whom he can lean.

I cannot say I am excited or disappointed. I do not know enough about the guy and no one really knows what kind of head coach he will be . . . at least until he actually has the opportunity and some time to be a head coach of a football team on any level.

I have been told by people much more knowledgeable about football than me (One guy actually works for NFL Films) that this was an really good hire. He comes from the Andy Reid Jim Johnson tree and was a very hot candidate last year but didn't get jobs because of the Panthers run to the Super Bowl made teams not want to wait on him.

My gut tells me this was an OK hire, Panthers defense has been very up and down the past 6 years and while they have developed a lot of talent they also invested a lot of high draft choices into the defense. Hopefully this works out well and they keep Tyrod Taylor since I don't see an avenue to replace him.

McDermott seems like a credible guy. He could end up being another Bill Belichick or just another guy. Who knows? Time will tell.

At this point, we need to see how it plays out. It will be interesting to see whom he can attract to be on his staff. McCoy would have been nice and I am not sure where that is going or the status of that. I do think it is important for McDermott to have someone experienced upon whom he can lean.

I cannot say I am excited or disappointed. I do not know enough about the guy and no one really knows what kind of head coach he will be . . . at least until he actually has the opportunity and some time to be a head coach of a football team on any level.

Belichick? So he will be successful on the team that gives him a HC shot after the Bills?

No way Lynn comes back as OC, unfortunately. He's after a HC job, and returning now to the Bills would feel like admitting failure. I think he did a very good job considering the injuries at WR, and I'd be happy if he did come back.

Lynn is under contract. So if he doesn't land a HC job and the Bills still want him he has no choice but to return.