Source: Broncos expected to be interested in Anthony Lynn

YoloinOhio

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't block a promotion, right?

But he's our head coach now. And under contract. Obviously we'll negotiate a new contract, if he's the pick. But I'm not sure he is actually free to leave if we are offering him the head coach position. I could be wrong, and the Bills probably wouldn't want someone as their head coach who would rather be somewhere else, but it's an interesting situation.

Well, in a small sense the Broncos are closer too being relevant again, have a killer D.

Elway is way more secure than anyone on the Bills. Plus it appears the word dysfunctional is not in the Broncos

vocabulary. What Does ownership in Buffalo have to counter that? Other than Pegulas habbit of burning $$$$$$$$.

And being clueless.

But he's our head coach now. And under contract. Obviously we'll negotiate a new contract, if he's the pick. But I'm not sure he is actually free to leave if we are offering him the head coach position. I could be wrong, and the Bills probably wouldn't want someone as their head coach who would rather be somewhere else, but it's an interesting situation.

Categorically, interim head coach is not the same as head coach. He can leave.

But what if we name him head coach? You have a guy under contract. You give him the promotion yourself. Why would you have to make him available to interview for what would be a lateral move at that point?

No, you'd have to negotiate a new contract. If he becomes the hc, the old contract gets ripped up and becomes void.

Hard to believe Kubiak packs it in a year after Super Bowl. Is Elway making the Broncos's into an undesirable spot? Question only I dont have a strong feeling about it.

Fox gone after a super bowl loss, now Kubiak maybe gone a year removed from winning? Definitely raises some flags imo

Hard to believe Kubiak packs it in a year after Super Bowl. Is Elway making the Broncos's into an undesirable spot? Question only I dont have a strong feeling about it.

He had a heart attack during a game 3 years ago. Missed a game due to health reasons this year. He's accomplished everything he's needed to in his career.

what if he turns it down? He doesn't have to sign here

Lynn is the most overrated candidate I can remember.

Don't get me wrong, he's done a pretty good job as OC--but the dude started the season as an RB coach for Rex and now the best teams/franchises in football are dying to have him run the whole show?

If Lynn has what it takes to be a successful NFL HC. Does he go to The Broncos where I think he already has 2 rings and established FO management.

Or the Bills who cannot even stop FO leaks, lack players everywhere. And without a proven QB. Odds are they will regress before they get better.

in the real world would any new HC wants to go where he has the best chance of coaching above .500 ball. Oh And a realistic chance at the post season.

Exactly what have the Bills given Lynn that would make him stay? This FO is as bad as any in 17+ years of futility. With nothing on the horizon that seems like that would change anytime soon. At least Elway will give him the help he needs. Stability.

Lynn is the most overrated candidate I can remember.

Don't get me wrong, he's done a pretty good job as OC--but the dude started the season as an RB coach for Rex and now the best teams/franchises in football are dying to have him run the whole show?

Maybe they know things about him you don't.

Rooney rule

every one has to say Rooney rule - maybe , just maybe, some black coaches have the skills to succeed at being a HC . If all you can come up with is rooney rule, best to stay silent.

And last season, Miami interviewed more than 1 black coach, including Lynn. Rooney rules doesn't require more than 1 minority candidate.

Then continue on. People are actiing like he is Lombardi, Walsh, BB rolled into one.

How about Chuck Noll, Tom Landry and Don Shula? Why dont they make the list? You clearly have an agenda towards these fine coaches. So sad.

The only reason you fire Rex before the season is over is so that you can move fast to hire his replacement. If Lynn is the guy you want and he is truly being considered by other teams, then you sign him yesterday.

If you want to hire a coordinator from NE or some other good team, then you have to wait until their team is eliminated from the playoffs. Why fire Rex now if you can't get one of those guys until February? Such a Billsy dilemma.

The only reason you fire Rex before the season is over is so that you can move fast to hire his replacement. If Lynn is the guy you want and he is truly being considered by other teams, then you sign him yesterday.

If you want to hire a coordinator from NE or some other good team, then you have to wait until their team is eliminated from the playoffs. Why fire Rex now if you can't get one of those guys until February? Such a Billsy dilemma.

i wouldn't look too much into the timing wrt whether they want to interview a playoff coordinator. Rex reportedly asked to be fired early rather than coach the last game, and Pegulas did. They may have waited if he didn't do that.