Source: Broncos expected to be interested in Anthony Lynn

YoloinOhio

The only reason you fire Rex before the season is over is so that you can move fast to hire his replacement. If Lynn is the guy you want and he is truly being considered by other teams, then you sign him yesterday.

If you want to hire a coordinator from NE or some other good team, then you have to wait until their team is eliminated from the playoffs. Why fire Rex now if you can't get one of those guys until February? Such a Billsy dilemma.

Because his refusal to go along with the correct business decision and bubble wrap TT

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't look too much into the timing wrt whether they want to interview a playoff coordinator. Rex reportedly asked to be fired early rather than coach the last game, and Pegulas did. They may have waited if he didn't do that.

Yep that too. Wanted to watch his Son play if is was getting canned

Interesting, but is it true?

I've learnt to take media puffery about HC candidates with a huge salt-shaker.

But, the Broncos D was pretty good this year, their O slipped a bit (19th to 22nd), but especially the running game (17th to 28th in yards, 17th to 22nd in # of attempts). I can see where they might feel a guy like Lynn who can generate a strong rushing attack might be just the thing, especially if the Bills cut Tyrod loose and Lynn brings him with.

On the other hand, there can be this media-generated sense of urgency. I would really like to feel like the Bills are considering options and not just pulling the trigger fast on the alleged "hot" name - shades of Marrone.

If the Broncos interview Lynn it will be for a specific reason (Rooney rule) before they eventually hire Kyle Shanahan. No way that Elway hires anyone other than Kyle. JMO

Looking at the differences in developing a young QB and the passing stats between the Falcons and Bills...

Bet Tyrod goes with him, if it happens.

Luckily its not Tyrod's choice. Yet.

If the Broncos interview Lynn it will be for a specific reason (Rooney rule) before they eventually hire Kyle Shanahan. No way that Elway hires anyone other than Kyle. JMO

Looking at the differences in developing a young QB and the passing stats between the Falcons and Bills...

Agreed Shanahan is the better candidate, and has his own ties to Denver. Would like to get him here.

no.... if the Bills want him they better act fast though IMO. Elway will be a tough guy to turn down.

It's not just Elway that we have to be worried about. The culture in the Bills organization is caustic. What other organization would fire Bill Polian in his prime. We've been nit picking ourselves to mediocrity ever since.

if this is true, i'm already questioning his judgment.

i guess I will look at it differently. As a first time HC, there are a ton of challenges and a lot to learn quickly. If he already has a comfort level with the personnel and what lies ahead of him, he might feel like taking on the role with the current team wouldn't be as much of a heavy lift as going to whole new org. It might not be perfect, but at least he knows the positives and negatives going in. If I were to be considered for a promotion, unless I hated my current company and boss, I'd want to take an internal promotion rather than take on the elevated role in an unknown (assuming money was equal)

If Lynn is the best candidate for the Bills HC vacancy, then he will surely be coveted across the league. As Bills fans, we need to remember that two head coaches have walked away from this job. We also need to remember that candidates politely refused to even come in for an interview during the Mularkey and Marrone hirings. The Bills HC vacancy will be regarded as one of the least appealing opportunities by the HC candidates.

Edited by Jkgobills

i guess I will look at it differently. As a first time HC, there are a ton of challenges and a lot to learn quickly. If he already has a comfort level with the personnel and what lies ahead of him, he might feel like taking on the role with the current team wouldn't be as much of a heavy lift as going to whole new org. It might not be perfect, but at least he knows the positives and negatives going in. If I were to be considered for a promotion, unless I hated my current company and boss, I'd want to take an internal promotion rather than take on the elevated role in an unknown (assuming money was equal)

The money may be equal. the team cultures, pursuit of excellence, and winning percentages are polar opposites. Do the Bills look a year away? Or do the Broncos show more upside and a quicker path to the big dance?

Do you believe this report? To me it seems like Doug Marrone media puffery, "creating a market" to project a sense of urgency.

Obviously the Broncos fell off a bit on both sides of the ball, and most on the run game. But they've still got a great D, and I find it hard to believe they would seriously tap a guy who has so little coordinator experience as their best choice for HC, if they need a HC.