Source: Broncos expected to be interested in Anthony Lynn

YoloinOhio

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lynn is the best candidate for the Bills HC vacancy, then he will surely be coveted across the league. As Bills fans, we need to remember that two head coaches have walked away from this job. We also need to remember that candidates politely refused to even come in for an interview during the Mularkey and Marrone hirings. The Bills HC vacancy will be regarded as one of the least appealing opportunities by the HC candidates.

Different situation entirely . The owner was an octogenarian and much uncertainty over the team moving if he passed away.

every one has to say Rooney rule - maybe , just maybe, some black coaches have the skills to succeed at being a HC . If all you can come up with is rooney rule, best to stay silent.

And last season, Miami interviewed more than 1 black coach, including Lynn. Rooney rules doesn't require more than 1 minority candidate.

on what basis has he deserved this? 16 yrs as a position coach and 3 - 1/2 months as OC does not warrant becoming a HC.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Because his refusal to go along with the correct business decision and bubble wrap TT

And also perhaps because Pegula made up his mind after that game, was straight with him as soon as he made his decision, and told him he'd be fired after the season to which Rex responded "if you're going to fire me, do it now" (allegedly so he could go watch his kid at Clemson).

At least that's one report I've seen.

Do you believe this report? To me it seems like Doug Marrone media puffery, "creating a market" to project a sense of urgency.

Obviously the Broncos fell off a bit on both sides of the ball, and most on the run game. But they've still got a great D, and I find it hard to believe they would seriously tap a guy who has so little coordinator experience as their best choice for HC, if they need a HC.

I'm pretty sure the Lynn is under contract with the Bills and Broncos or others have to request to interview Lynn, no?

Do you believe this report? To me it seems like Doug Marrone media puffery, "creating a market" to project a sense of urgency.

Obviously the Broncos fell off a bit on both sides of the ball, and most on the run game. But they've still got a great D, and I find it hard to believe they would seriously tap a guy who has so little coordinator experience as their best choice for HC, if they need a HC.

I don't understand how Lynn can be such a hot commodity. Has to be his agent talking up his client. He has one season as an OC. Nice work for one season but he needs to build off of it. IMO

Not sure that he was still in his prime in 2011. But you have to admit looking at the success he brought at Carolina and Indy since we fired him in 1993 it was a mistake to fire him for the reasons we fired him.

I can agree with you on that. It was a HUGE mistake to fire Polian. Get his draft record in Indy was pretty bad.

And also perhaps because Pegula made up his mind after that game, was straight with him as soon as he made his decision, and told him he'd be fired after the season to which Rex responded "if you're going to fire me, do it now" (allegedly so he could go watch his kid at Clemson).

At least that's one report I've seen.

Yeah and he was at the Clemson game

Different situation entirely . The owner was an octogenarian and much uncertainty over the team moving if he passed away.

Has the team and organization become more attractive as a landing spot for top coaching talent under the new owner? This search, if they actually do one, will be telling, My guess, is that the Bills still remain an organization that is not sought after by top coaching candidates. So, I don't see it as an entirely different situation as two years ago, or the years prior.

That's correct, but for a promotion, permission is routinely granted.

The question is whether you think it's true the Broncos actually covet Lynn as a potential HC

My point was only that the Bills FO will know who is actually interested and what is just media fodder floated by agent.

Has the team and organization become more attractive as a landing spot for top coaching talent under the new owner? This search, if they actually do one, will be telling, My guess, is that the Bills still remain an organization that is not sought after by top coaching candidates. So, I don't see it as an entirely different situation as two years ago, or the years prior.

Just said that the situation was different due to ownership issues and it was widely known that Ralph wouldn't pay the going rate for a top coach. No longer an issue, but the lack of a QB still persists. It's the same as two years ago and Rex Ryan would have been considered a name candidate . Some had him going to Atlanta. The lack of a QB or a top draft pick will mean the Bills likely won't land candidates with lots of options. Probably why they are floating their interest in Lynn out there. Don't want to disappoint the fan base by mentioning others that likely won't take the job.

My point was only that the Bills FO will know who is actually interested and what is just media fodder floated by agent.

Just said that the situation was different due to ownership issues and it was widely known that Ralph wouldn't pay the going rate for a top coach. No longer an issue, but the lack of a QB still persists. It's the same as two years ago and Rex Ryan would have been considered a name candidate . Some had him going to Atlanta. The lack of a QB or a top draft pick will mean the Bills likely won't land candidates with lots of options. Probably why they are floating their interest in Lynn out there. Don't want to disappoint the fan base by mentioning others that likely won't take the job.

They are disappointing the fan base with the 17 years of futility. Per Tasker we are 90% scar tissue, we should be able to handle the reality that top candidates may still avoid the Bills organization.

I understand completely the complexities of the last 10 years of Mr Wilson's ownership and how that negatively affected coaches and free agents alike. Still, the reality of who they can hire seems much more similar to those 10 years, than they do different.

His history with Elway may make it difficult for the Bills to retain him.

It's really simple. He's under contract. Denver cannot legally speak with him unless we give them permission. Without that permission, it's a no go. Case closed.

I don't understand how Lynn can be such a hot commodity. Has to be his agent talking up his client. He has one season as an OC. Nice work for one season but he needs to build off of it. IMO

Yep. This time last year Marrone was a "hot commodity".