Bradley to follow lynn

CDogg20

He took over a terrible D with weak talent, and it got a lot better over time. Same thing happened in Jax.

So we are willing to wait "over time" in Buffalo? You have great faith in our fan base. Typical Bills move...hire a re-tread failed HC because he once created an average defense over four years.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we are willing to wait "over time" in Buffalo? You have great faith in our fan base. Typical Bills move...hire a re-tread failed HC because he once created an average defense over four years.

It's not that simple - it's about the talent level too. Coaches can't do much with poor talent. Some think the Bills have a talented defense. I am not one of those people.

The good thing is, the Bills haven't drafted too much into a Rex type defense. Lawson would be ideal at DE in a 4-3. Ragland can be a thumper at MLB, I think they'd have to resign Brown for the Will.

Now just find a playmaking Safety in the draft and the defense is in a pretty good position.

The kid " Hooker " from OSU would be a keeper in the 1st round.

Anyone else interested in Dabo? We keep talking about wanting a "leader of men."

I would sign up for that too.

Changed a culture there. Hmmm

Remember wasnt long ago there was a "Clemsoning" same negative "Billsing" has.

Only concern (slight) is how much recruiting plays into his rise. He is a hell of a recruiter

People aren't going to like this, but a Lynn-Bradley ticket probably means a lot of personnel turnover in the back 7.

Offense probably wouldn't get as much attention IMO.

Who wouldn't understand we're already going to make changes at safety (2) and most likely one corner spot conceding to losing Gilmore (1) and with a scheme change possibly a LB change (either Brown) (1) and the addition of Ragland (1). We already know 4-5 changes automatically.

People aren't going to like this, but a Lynn-Bradley ticket probably means a lot of personnel turnover in the back 7.

Offense probably wouldn't get as much attention IMO.

Well...I'm not disagreeing of course...But I think a lot of turnover in the back 7 was coming regardless...I expected the possibility of 2 new starters at S, and we all know Gilmore is likely gone...Ragland will move in somewhere, likely to the Mike in a 4-3...P Brown will move to the Sam...And like I've been saying here for a bit they are going to need a more athletic Will...I don't think either of the Brown's are ideal Wills (not to say you can't get by with them there, but I don't see either being sideline to sideline hunters) and Zack is a UFA anyway...

So yes...There will be pretty decent turnover from this bunch...But I think it was coming regardless...Especially in the secondary... B-)

Former Jaguars HC Gus Bradley is planning to follow Anthony Lynn to any HC job he lands, per sources, creating a Lynn-Bradley ticket.

This would be a great first hire for sure. I don't get the change needed in the defensive back seven with Bradley?

I wonder who he would hire as OC?

If Anthony Lynn lands a permanent head coaching job, gus bradley will follow regardless of team(per schefty). Lets hope it's in Buffalo boys. How do you all feel about this?

Conflicted. Bradley did some good things in Seattle but his D (his area of expertise) in 4 years at Jacksonville have sucked, sucked, sucked.

I need to know more or understand more about why he succeeded eventually in Seattle and why his Ds have sucked in Jacksonville.

What scheme does he run, is he flexible? Was he trying to be both HC and de-facto DC and that didn't work for him?

Some people are praising Marrone and dissing Bradley with Marrone allegedly focused on winning and Bradley focused on "getting better". When Marrone is praised as an improvement in preparation and philosophy, watch out.

But it's more the fact that we'd be bringing in a defensive expert whose D has sucked 4 of the last 7 years.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan