Bradley to follow lynn

CDogg20

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YoloinOhio, on 01 Jan 2017 - 5:23 PM, said:snapback.png

Lynn has little OC experience. In fact he said today he preferred to be in the booth than the sidelines if he's calling plays (most OCs do). I do not think he will want to call the plays as HC.

Lynn needs to stay in the booth to call offensive plays.

Today was a disaster. imo Let the new DC call his plays

The more I think about it, the more I think promoting Lynn to head coach is going to backfire on the Bills. The guy did a decent job of trimming plays from Roman's playbook and a decent job of calling plays from the booth.

Move him to head coach and you lose the "good play calling from the booth" aspect. I think Lynn is better suited to be an offensive coordinator than he is suited to be a head coach. If the Bills and the next experienced head coach can convince Lynn to take the job as offensive coordinator, then great. But promoting him to head coach would be a mistake in my opinion.

I would rather let Lynn walk entirely if he won't take the job as offensive coordinator. Let some other team take a shot on him at head coach if they so desire. The Bills deserve a more proven coach and can certainly afford whoever they want.

YoloinOhio, on 01 Jan 2017 - 5:23 PM, said:snapback.png

The more I think about it, the more I think promoting Lynn to head coach is going to backfire on the Bills. The guy did a decent job of trimming plays from Roman's playbook and a decent job of calling plays from the booth.

Move him to head coach and you lose the "good play calling from the booth" aspect. I think Lynn is better suited to be an offensive coordinator than he is suited to be a head coach. If the Bills and the next experienced head coach can convince Lynn to take the job as offensive coordinator, then great. But promoting him to head coach would be a mistake in my opinion.

I would rather let Lynn walk entirely if he won't take the job as offensive coordinator. Let some other team take a shot on him at head coach if they so desire. The Bills deserve a more proven coach and can certainly afford whoever they want.

This is where I currently am as well.

Why do you say that?

i think he has the qualities of a HC which are difficult to find, based on what we are hearing from people around the League. He has 2 years of AHC experience as well 17 years coaching under some successful HCs. He might be a good OC, but I think he'd be better as HC on the sideline (the CEO type) concentrating on overall game management with an OC in the booth calling the plays.

If Anthony Lynn lands a permanent head coaching job, gus bradley will follow regardless of team(per schefty). Lets hope it's in Buffalo boys. How do you all feel about this?

The Bills do not want Lynn. He is not HC material. I want a HC who isn't going to be afraid to start whichever QB gives him the best chance to win. Instead he let Whaley start EJ.

If Whaley is going to be GM then we need a very strong minded HC.

Edited by Beef Jerky

I really don't get all the enthusiasm for G. Bradley as the DC. He has the WORST record in the HISTORY of NFL Head coaches. The Jacksonville D was very poor during his time there, only started to improve this year. The improvement in the Seattle D, came in Pete Carroll's 2nd year (Bradley's 3rd). And the Seattle D continued to get better after Bradley left. So it is very questionable how much of that great D can be attributed to Bradley.

As for head coach, Atlhough A. Lynn has some positive attributes my preference is to go outside of the organization and not from the Rex coaching tree. Would like to see interviews for young guys like McDaniels, and K. Shanahan if they can get them. Also in favor of checking with Wade and Schwartz. No thanks on Coughlin.

I really don't get all the enthusiasm for G. Bradley as the DC. He has the WORST record in the HISTORY of NFL Head coaches. The Jacksonville D was very poor during his time there, only started to improve this year. The improvement in the Seattle D, came in Pete Carroll's 2nd year (Bradley's 3rd). And the Seattle D continued to get better after Bradley left. So it is very questionable how much of that great D can be attributed to Bradley.

As for head coach, Atlhough A. Lynn has some positive attributes my preference is to go outside of the organization and not from the Rex coaching tree. Would like to see interviews for young guys like McDaniels, and K. Shanahan if they can get them. Also in favor of checking with Wade and Schwartz. No thanks on Coughlin.

Fair post. The only thing I might disagree with is your decision on Coughlin. He might be the best guy for the job if you want to win next year. And he has been around long enough and has enough winning experience to know which coordinators to go get. I don't care for Coughlin as a person - guy just always rubbed me the wrong way - like a fake tough guy that would get his ass kicked by most people, but as a coach you have to respect his pedigree.

@salsports

If A Lynn/Gus Bradley are indeed tied and Bills want combo, might have to move soon because word is Redskins may be interested in Gus for DC

Washington is a better spot for a DC. A little more talent, lack of discipline with some of the players. Wade is also in running for this.