Tyrod Not Speaking to Media Today or on Locker Cleanout Day

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1st thing is the Bills will either extend him or he'll be a UFA. No way the Bills exercise his contract extension option just to trade him. Another team would just wait until he hits the open market to sign him with no compensation to the Bills.

Possibly, that's up for debate. The point that I'm making is that I believe that there is a possibility that some teams may be willing to give up a decent draft pick or picks to get him.

I have little doubt that he would garner interest from other NFL teams looking to be their starting QB.

Wouldn't it make sense to trade him to another team?

I wouldn't be surprised that we could get late first rounder for him. If not a 2nd along with another draft pick.

We can't trade him unless he's under contract. So to trade him, we have to pick up his option. Once we pick up his option, we owe him an immediate ~$18M bonus which is currently split over 5 years. That would all count against this year's salary cap for the Bills.

Sal kind of called him out on the radio just now. Said he's been a professional all year to the media, minus a few moments of frustration, but if he truly wants to be the starting QB of the Bills he needs to talk and say something at the end of the season, however briefly. That he understands he's disappointed he's not playing in the last game but that it's a bad look for him - not only for this team but to other teams he could potentially be considered for in FA.

I agree with him. However I wonder if the Bills told him not to talk to the media? I don't think so but it's a possibility.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Sal kind of called him out on the radio just now. Said he's been a professional all year to the media, minus a few moments of frustration, but if he truly wants to be the starting QB of the Bills he needs to talk and say something at the end of the season, however briefly. That he understands he's disappointed he's not playing in the last game but that it's a bad look for him - not only for this team but to other teams he could potentially be considered for in FA.

I agree with him. However I wonder if the Bills told him not to talk to the media? I don't think so but it's a possibility.

I bet you anything he would be talking if he was 100% convinced he was going to be here next year and if the Bills were treating him like a franchise QB. The Bills aren't.

They are treating him like a business asset. He is likewise treating his current status with the team as he is just a business asset that could be moving to another team at any time. Can't blame him.

Or that the Bills haven't committed strongly either way. He knows his biggest fan was Rex who's gone, the fact that he's being sat this week tells him the Bills aren't committed to him for certain.

Add to that every media troll around has pretty much stated that he sucks, isn't worth the money, nor is he the answer and should be cut. So why should he even the slightest bit go out of his way and talk to them.

About the only person in the media I've seen who hasn't totally given up on him is Graham, though not certain if that position by him has been consistent or has he gone back and forth on it in different articles and days?

Maybe he's already been told.

He know he's gone IMO

i would like him back as a bridge QB but I think he will be elsewhere next year. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he's brought back. Then again, none of us are privy to their plan at QB. People keep saying there is no option or plan aside from TT but what they really are saying is they don't know what it is so they assume there isn't one. The team isn't going to share the plan at the end of December. Fans and media can keep looking behind them at former "plans" from former coaches and GM tandems and project what they think will happen (or won't happen) but all it is is message board fodder. We do not know.

Most fans don't care.

There is a small hardcore base of us left.

You are out of town so you don't get it but if you walk into a bar 50 miles from the stadium on gameday don't be surprised if have to remind them to put the game on.

The goodwill is literally GONE.

And as Dave has said here........the media's role in this is to stimulate interest.

They are TRYING like hell.......even negative press is good press..........but the Bills just think that they've got the fanbase by the balls so they don't need to be accommodating.

The upper decks of the stadium are filled with Canadian tourists every week......just there for the party.......tailgating is king......the Bills themselves are unlikeable and they are quickly losing ground in regionalization and with young fans.

I emphasize QUICKLY.

That really needs to change.

I don't sense that the Pegula's are unlikeable but they have a bunch of self interested turds taking advantage of them, IMO.

Why because he's the only GM who hasn't found a franchise QB? Saw a stat the other day for Miami as to how many QB's have started for them since Marino left, believe it was double digits. I recall a few years back the Giants had a ton between Simms and Eli

if TT goes whaley is an embarrassment.

Man, I sure hope you're wrong. This would likely be the most regrettable QB move since Rob Johnson.

No way. Look, the Offense has play makers all over it and a solid line. Ask yourself this question, when McCoy had that scare in the SF game, did you think 'there goes the season'? You know why, because you knew and so did i, that Taylor can not carry the team. Taylor was holding this team back, he has for two years. It is not Taylor's fault, he is not a bum or a bad guy. Taylor just is not what the Bills need at QB with the weapons they have. The Bills would be better served with an aging vet who still can make all the throws but may be done in 2-3 years. If the Bills could somehow do what The Cards did a few years back when they found Palmer and resurrected his career, we would be fine.

What questions do you think fans want answered from Tyrod?

Did you play well? Do you think you deserve your extension? Do you know if you are going to be retained? Are you really hurt?

He has little of consequence to offer.

All of the pertinent answers to QB questions should come from Doug Whaley.

He better pre-apply the KY after he gets out of the shower Monday morning.........he's going to get laid into.

What questions do you think fans want answered from Tyrod?

Did you play well? Do you think you deserve your extension? Do you know if you are going to be retained? Are you really hurt?

He has little of consequence to offer.

All of the pertinent answers to QB questions should come from Doug Whaley.

He better pre-apply the KY after he gets out of the shower Monday morning.........he's going to get laid into.

Agreed

The way the media is acting (like asses) they dont DESERVE Tyrod's time

I have little doubt that he would garner interest from other NFL teams looking to be their starting QB.

Wouldn't it make sense to trade him to another team?

I wouldn't be surprised that we could get late first rounder for him. If not a 2nd along with another draft pick.

They should trade him for Romo strait up.