Tyrod Not Speaking to Media Today or on Locker Cleanout Day

26CornerBlitz

Exactly.

IMO TD's bigger mistake was extending him after 2003

In general we were all sick of Bledsoe

But it was a bad call by Donahoe.

Without ANY semblance of QB play everything gets distorted.

GM and HC got fired and were replaced by a WORSE GM and HC and lost any sense of dignity.

The Cowboys....after hovering in mediocrity for a number of years.....earned homefield advantage in the NFC playoffs the year after Bledsoe left. :lol::doh:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I appreciate the thought process, but can't agree. I see only two categories; those who can win games by themselves and those who can't. Those who can't are all interchangeable imo. A bit simplistic, yes. But until we get "that guy" it's all just treading water and no swimming.

No quarterback can win games by himself. Otherwise Rivers and Brees wouldn't miss the playoffs so often and Rodgers would have more than one ring.

Gotta be honest, I see Taylor as between average and terrible. (Spoiler alert! There are also below average QBs.) He's helped by his running, but that's not sustainable and his passing game is seriously lacking. Both recognition and accuracy (except for his deep, sideline pass) are substantially below average. So is his ability to consistiently throw from the pocket.

The numbers and analytics simply don't reflect your opinion.

Meh. Regardless of who the QB is next season we'll all be back. Tyrod supporters. Tyrod haters. Doesnt matter.

It will be the final straw for me. I can't continue supporting a franchise that refuses to learn from past mistakes.

It will be the final straw for me. I can't continue supporting a franchise that refuses to learn from past mistakes.

So 17 years of the same schit, and none of the last, oh I don't know, 13 or 14 were the last straw? It took 17?

Gotta be honest, I see Taylor as between average and terrible. (Spoiler alert! There are also below average QBs.) He's helped by his running, but that's not sustainable and his passing game is seriously lacking. Both recognition and accuracy (except for his deep, sideline pass) are substantially below average. So is his ability to consistiently throw from the pocket.

Since you brought it up, here is a report on his stats from inside the pocket: Link

In general we were all sick of Bledsoe

But it was a bad call by Donahoe.

Without ANY semblance of QB play everything gets distorted.

GM and HC got fired and were replaced by a WORSE GM and HC and lost any sense of dignity.

The Cowboys....after hovering in mediocrity for a number of years.....earned homefield advantage in the NFC playoffs the year after Bledsoe left. :lol::doh:

No doubt 2005 was a disaster. But I think if they had brought someone in like a Jeff Blake after 2003 (one of the names being kicked around at the time), that 2004 team was solid enough elsewhere that they would've made the playoffs, totally reversing all the events that soon followed. Not that I think Blake was any good, just less mediocre. Then again, I think Shane Matthews beats the 3rd-string Steelers.

if TT goes whaley is an embarrassment.

The Bills star receiver Sammy Watkins just told a boat load of reporters yesterday that the receivers have been open all year and have been doing their jobs. People on this board have talked about this all year long. While Taylor may be a steady, do you no harm QB, he's obviously extremely limited when it comes to playing teams teams with winning records where he must step up and win the game on his arm. If he's not the guy, he's not the guy. You've got to move on with the search for "the guy". We all like Taylor, but it's hard to sign on for two more years of having a really hard time beating winning teams because of his limitations.

Edited by 1billsfan

The Bills star receiver Sammy Watkins just told a boat load of reporters yesterday that the receivers have been open all year and have been doing their jobs. People on this board have talked about this all year long. While Taylor may be a steady, do you no harm QB, he's obviously extremely limited when it comes to playing teams that the good teams with winning records where he must step up and win the game on his arm. If he's not the guy, he's not the guy. You've got to move on with the search for "the guy". We all like Taylor, but it's hard to sign on for two more years of having a really hard time beating winning teams because of his limitations.

You might want to reread all of Sammy's quote.

This is a true statement. The sad fact is that the majority of starters in this league are interchangeable and don't possess high end talent and only a handful can win games on their own.

Yep doesnt really help the argument of the Bills need Tyrod

No doubt 2005 was a disaster. But I think if they had brought someone in like a Jeff Blake after 2003 (one of the names being kicked around at the time), that 2004 team was solid enough elsewhere that they would've made the playoffs, totally reversing all the events that soon followed. Not that I think Blake was any good, just less mediocre. Then again, I think Shane Matthews beats the 3rd-string Steelers.

2005 set the dark ages in motion.

It lead to the hiring of idiots Jauron and Levy and the tradition of letting good players go via FA or trade and using high draft picks to replace them.........which destroyed the roster.

I don't care for Whaley......but he's pretty much average as a GM.

We always assume it can't get worse but it can.......and if he tries to start over this late in his game....... with unworthy cronies and tries to start Cardale or EJ.......things could get worse.

I don't believe Tyrod has been told he's done here. I truly think the decision on Tyrod will not be made until the coaching staff is filled out. If Lynn stays on as HC then I expect Tyrod to stay on board. If anyone else is brought in I expect him to be released.

No it's not. It's making the most important position in sports significantly worse.

Perspective.

We are basically 8-8 with EJ, Orton, and Tyrod. Are we really making it worse, or do we have a more exciting (scrambling/mobile) version of mediocre?

Edited by Mango

2005 set the dark ages in motion.

It lead to the hiring of idiots Jauron and Levy and the tradition of letting good players go via FA or trade and using high draft picks to replace them.........which destroyed the roster.

I don't care for Whaley......but he's pretty much average as a GM.

We always assume it can't get worse but it can.......and if he tries to start over this late in his game....... with unworthy cronies and tries to start Cardale or EJ.......things could get worse.

I dont assume it cant get worse - i know itll get worse. Its logically the only place for this offense to go with the other known options on the table (minus romo). 7th in scoring and insanely low turnovers. I cant wait to hear the crying and moaning when the offense drops to 20th in scoring and top 10 in turnovers. But hey in typical Bills fashion, we'll probably straighten out the Defense.

Look at what the Vikings traded to get Bradford.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a team, such as like a Denver who coupled with their championship caliber defense could entertain the thought of acquiring a QB like Tyrod as an effective option playing the game manager role. I would even venture to guess that they believe they could be in the hunt to win the Superbowl.

I don't believe it is as far-fetched as you may think

I'd take Bradfrod.

I dont assume it cant get worse - i know itll get worse. Its logically the only place for this offense to go with the other known options on the table (minus romo). 7th in scoring and insanely low turnovers. I cant wait to hear the crying and moaning when the offense drops to 20th in scoring and top 10 in turnovers. But hey in typical Bills fashion, we'll probably straighten out the Defense.

haha. We are only allowed a good offense or defense.

I doubt TT walks. But what would he say today or locker cleanout day that the media would not twist? I think he will be offered to regnoitate his contract. I doubt he would get that much elsewhere. And other QB options exist: McCarron, McGloin, draft pick, Jones (ranked on QB behind Dak last year on walterfootball.com).

You'll also notice Matt Ryan is not on that list. Maybe Hoyer, Osweiler, and Bradford are all better than him too?

did Matt Ryan even play in close games this year? They blew most people out.