With E.J getting the nod this week?

fansince88

Absolutely nothing. This Jets team gave up weeks ago. They couldn't even get amped for a prime time game weeks ago, with players on defense saying "f*** this game, where the Hoes at" before the game on snapchat. The Jets are currently the worst team in the NFL and worse than the Browns, because the Browns were at least trying to win to avoid going winless.

Why would Lynn keep Tyrod? He's obviously okay with not starting him today. Why would Tyrod stay? Please refer to this post of mine:

Because Lynn is getting the job due to his high powered offense and Tyrod is a vital cog in that offense. Your post is 100% predicated on the fact that the Bills want to renegotiate. If Lynn is the coach and want him there will be no renegotiation as he will be in the drivers seat. Also do we need to go into why he is not starting. This has already been discussed ad nauseam

Absolutely nothing. This Jets team gave up weeks ago. They couldn't even get amped for a prime time game weeks ago, with players on defense saying "f*** this game, where the Hoes at" before the game on snapchat. The Jets are currently the worst team in the NFL and worse than the Browns, because the Browns were at least trying to win to avoid going winless.

But this is a multiple !@#$ You game for Fitzpatrick... I think he wants to hang up a huge number.

Because Lynn is getting the job due to his high powered offense and Tyrod is a vital cog in that offense. Your post is 100% predicated on the fact that the Bills want to renegotiate. If Lynn is the coach and want him there will be no renegotiation as he will be in the drivers seat. Also do we need to go into why he is not starting. This has already been discussed ad nauseam.

Yeah, we don't need to do that again. We can just agree to disagree here.

Yeah, we don't need to do that again. We can just agree to disagree here.

If you were in Lynn's shoes would you bring in a new QB and risk breaking what is working fine? Isn't that what got us in the Rex mess in the first place?

I'm not so sure, if he is slated to be 20th highest paid qb and he was coming back for sure he would be playing.

He's way too small in important spots, I see no reason to stick around.

They are changing coaches. I have no doubt that they'll want to get their new coach's input before they decide to pick up, or decline, the option. Not playing him has no bearing on whether he stays or not given the coaching change.

There's just no point in the Bills backing themselves into a corner and having to pick up the option if he gets hurt.

This start is a going away present for EJ. I believe Cardale will play a half.

I don't think Cardale plays unless EJ gets hurt. It doesn't sound like they think he's ready and he'll only go in to prevent Taylor for needing to go in.

TT is a serviceable and perhaps a decent QB. He survived the dreaded 2nd season and came out better than last year in my opinion.

The issue is does his skill match the money his agent believes he deserves. IMHO, everyone would support him as a keeper if he was paid $10M per. until we found the young QB who may be better. Maybe Jones, unlikely EJ but Sunday will show us something of EJ. EJ has a real issue with the short pass, not sure he can be fixed.

I'd like to see EJ have a good enough game that even if he doesn't stay here, somebody else (other than Cleveland or SF) will give him another shot. As for TT, I think he's worthy of bringing back if they can work out a more fair deal for both sides. He hasn't earned the big payday yet, but there's enough upside and room to improve to justify the job to remain his until someone beats him out for it.

Now that the season is over and EJ is starting what do you need to see from him to say "hey, perhaps he his starter material"? I realize it is a garbage game. I realize the Jets will be trying to tank more than us for that draft pick. I need to see 300+ yards and clean play. 30 points or more on the board. If not, keep TT for a serviceable QB. Lets see what people say. Yes DC Tom....I know...

If Lynn called passes on every down and the Manuel went 64/64 for 625 yards and 6 touchdowns, I would still want him to be off the team.

Now that the season is over and EJ is starting what do you need to see from him to say "hey, perhaps he his starter material"? I realize it is a garbage game. I realize the Jets will be trying to tank more than us for that draft pick. I need to see 300+ yards and clean play. 30 points or more on the board. If not, keep TT for a serviceable QB. Lets see what people say. Yes DC Tom....I know...

we'll probably run 40 times

If you were in Lynn's shoes would you bring in a new QB and risk breaking what is working fine? Isn't that what got us in the Rex mess in the first place?

I don't think it's working fine, I don't think many players think it's working fine (see Watkins, Sammy) and I doubt Lynn thinks it's working fine. A 31st ranked passing offense is not "fine". If I were Lynn there's no way I'm rolling with Taylor. A better passing QB is need #1 on my list.

Edited by BarleyNY

lmao, I had to google this because I wasn't sure if you were joking or not!

http://thebiglead.com/2016/12/18/jets-player-on-snapchat-where-the-hoes-at-f-this-game/

That's awesome.

I've seen all I need to see of EJ and don't understand why he's even getting the nod for Sunday other than one last ditch attempt at Whaley trying to shove this **** down our throats, again. The Jets game should have Jones written all over it. Then again, nothing has made sense with OBD in a very, very long time.

To those saying Taylor is gone, I don't think that's a forgeone conclusion. If you're an incoming coach and you feel like he's the best available option to win this year, you probably want him on the team.

I agree. My question to Bills Fans is who are they going to get who is better than Tyrod for next year? The answer is clear.....nobody.

EJ is pure garbage. Trent Edwards was a better qb. I for one hope that Whaley doesn't trade away more picks, but I suspect that he will. Imo he can't control himself (much like an addict), and is just a nightmare of a GM.

It ain't looking good. :(

I am ok with Tyrod.

Okay am I , also.

I agree. My question to Bills Fans is who are they going to get who is better than Tyrod for next year? The answer is clear.....nobody.

EJ is pure garbage. Trent Edwards was a better qb. I for one hope that Whaley doesn't trade away more picks, but I suspect that he will. Imo he can't control himself (much like an addict), and is just a nightmare of a GM.

It ain't looking good. :(

Whaley has self discipline issues. I mean that sincerely.

He better not trade any more of the future away

I, too, believe we will see Cardale play in the 2nd half.

I also expect some play from him.

Unless EJM is too hot to pull from the field :wub:

3rdand12 and EJ completes a 2 yard pass to help his completion pct. Sorry just preparing myself for Sunday.

LOL , well done brother !!

More likely than not

Just to clarify, the game you're talking about is the one they needed to win, but lost. Sorry, no bonus points for "essentially" winning anything. No way does a team undermine their starting QB by sitting him unless he's injured or they're resting him in week 17 to protect him for the playoffs. Neither is the case here. His benching is to protect the team from the injury guarantee in his contract. There is no other logical reason.

Well hey

I agree. My question to Bills Fans is who are they going to get who is better than Tyrod for next year? The answer is clear.....nobody.EJ is pure garbage. Trent Edwards was a better qb. I for one hope that Whaley doesn't trade away more picks, but I suspect that he will. Imo he can't control himself (much like an addict), and is just a nightmare of a GM.It ain't looking good. :(

EJ is much better than Trent Edwards. ;) EJ hasn't been very good but he has a chance to be a decent backup in this league for ten years. Edwards has nowhere near the talent that EJ does. Edwards did one thing pretty good, which fans insanely thought was a sign of a potentially good NFL quarterback. And he was immediately exposed by anyone that knew what they were talking about to be incapable of being an NFL quarterback.

Edwards could pre-snap read a defense, decide where he was going to throw and then throw a very accurate short pass dart for a completion. That is what he could do. He could never react well when there was a rush. He wasn't any good under pressure. He couldn't read a defense after the snap. He wasn't a leader. He couldn't run well or scramble well. He was never ever going to be good under a rush.

In training camp and pre-season, when there is no rush he can look terrific. Because there is no real pressure. He sucked before Gailey got here. But Gailey, because all offensive coaches think they can coach guys up, saw Edwards as a potential star. In practice and even in preseason he looked like a star. He could even look like a star in real games if he got no rush. So Gailey thought he struck gold.

Immediately, in game one, with real bullets, Edwards couldn't handle the rush. Within three games IIRC, Gailey, who is a brilliant offensive mind for the most part, had seen enough and knew that Edwards sucked. Then he did what no one ever does. He just not only benched Edwards for the journeyman Fitz, he just cut him. He knew. Edwards could never be an NFL QB because he could never handle the rush. That's an amazing thing Gailey did. He cut his starter. And Edwards fooled a few more coaches because he was spectacular in practice. And whenever he got into games he sucked.

To me if the Bills go with Coughlin I think they make a run at Romo. Coughlin isn't coming here unless he feels he can win and win quickly. Romo is the best option out there you sell Coughlin sell our line being much better than Denver's and even offer him a bit more cash if you need to.

In any other circumstances then I agree with you Bill they are unlikely to get anyone better unless they hit on a Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson type.

I just don't know if I agree that is the basis for making decisions. I don't know if you tie yourself into low end franchise QB money for 2-3 years for a guy who, in my opinion, is simply not a franchise QB.

Making the decision based on what else is out there this offseason feels like short term thinking to me. That is why my ideal is a renegotiation that gets rid of any 2018 guarantees (I'd give him an extra $1m next year if needs be) but essentially give ourselves a proper out after 2017 that way the argument "can we get better this offseason?" comes into more sharp focus because if you can't you can ride Tyrod again and reevaluate next year. In the meantime you continue to develop Cardale Jones and you draft another one.

EJ is much better than Trent Edwards. ;) EJ hasn't been very good but he has a chance to be a decent backup in this league for ten years. Edwards has nowhere near the talent that EJ does. Edwards did one thing pretty good, which fans insanely thought was a sign of a potentially good NFL quarterback. And he was immediately exposed by anyone that knew what they were talking about to be incapable of being an NFL quarterback.

Edwards could pre-snap read a defense, decide where he was going to throw and then throw a very accurate short pass dart for a completion. That is what he could do. He could never react well when there was a rush. He wasn't any good under pressure. He couldn't read a defense after the snap. He wasn't a leader. He couldn't run well or scramble well. He was never ever going to be good under a rush.

In training camp and pre-season, when there is no rush he can look terrific. Because there is no real pressure. He sucked before Gailey got here. But Gailey, because all offensive coaches think they can coach guys up, saw Edwards as a potential star. In practice and even in preseason he looked like a star. He could even look like a star in real games if he got no rush. So Gailey thought he struck gold.

Immediately, in game one, with real bullets, Edwards couldn't handle the rush. Within three games IIRC, Gailey, who is a brilliant offensive mind for the most part, had seen enough and knew that Edwards sucked. Then he did what no one ever does. He just not only benched Edwards for the journeyman Fitz, he just cut him. He knew. Edwards could never be an NFL QB because he could never handle the rush. That's an amazing thing Gailey did. He cut his starter. And Edwards fooled a few more coaches because he was spectacular in practice. And whenever he got into games he sucked.

Recency bias here for sure. EJ way worse than Edwards.

The Bills will have a new HC in place long before Tyrod's bonus is due (3rd day of new league year). So theoretically the new coach could want him retained, but I don't see that happening. The new coach is going to want his own guy, not the last coach's guy.

A coach can bring "his own guy" when it comes to coaching assistants.

A coach has to work with the players he has, or can reasonably obtain. The coach may want a different QB, but just who is that masked guy?

Both are right. EJ worse than pre head hit Trent and better than post head hit Trent.

That's actually pretty accurate according to how I remember it, and what I see in the statistics.

LOL - when I looked him up in pro-football-reference, this is what they have: Trent Addison Edwards (Captain Checkdown)

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

A coach can bring "his own guy" when it comes to coaching assistants.

A coach has to work with the players he has, or can reasonably obtain. The coach may want a different QB, but just who is that masked guy?

Before I knew who I wanted to marry I could've still told you a lot of names of women that I didn't want to marry.

I'm sure the 49ers heard that about Alex Smith, and yet...

You're correct, if EJ turns in a great performance he will get offers in this QB poor league where even teams with good QB are one hit away from QB purgatory.

......and if EJ is successful on another franchise the same guys running him out of town here will say how silly the Bills were to let him go. LOL !

Gee. which way is the wind blowing today?!?! I'm in !

......and if EJ is successful on another franchise the same guys running him out of town here will say how silly the Bills were to let him go. LOL !

Gee. which way is the wind blowing today?!?! I'm in !

I'm sure willing to take that chance. He's a long shot reclaimation project for some other team. He'll get signed somewhere, but he'll have to improve to earn a spot on a 53 man roster.