EJ time! Starting vs Jets

KDIGGZ

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. Why can't people understand this?

Because it signals that Whaley is quite possibly more interested in keeping a crappy qb who he has hitched his wagon to rather than an objectively decent player next season. I don't foresee Taylor being on the team now. Whaley is picking the coach, after all.

Yuuup, that's all. Don't read to much into this decision.

There is a ton to read into this. You guys are whistling past the graveyard.

If the injury clause is the reason....to start another QB...OK, then Cardale. EJ is never anything but a backup.....an audition...for what? Whaley is a problem....has to go also. If TT is let go , he will land elsewhere and get into the playoffs with another team....don't cry for TT...cry for Bills fans. I am dumping my season tickets if I see EJ Sunday. I could support giving Cardale a game (sunday) to help him for the future. But, EJ, stupid stupid stupid. I have no ill will for EJ, I just want him gone gone gone!

Edited by bigK14094

Because it signals that Whaley is quite possibly more interested in keeping a crappy qb who he has hitched his wagon to rather than an objectively decent player next season. I don't foresee Taylor being on the team now. Whaley is picking the coach, after all.

I like Taylor. I hope he stays. But all they're doing is keeping options open.

Whaley fights tooth and nail for EJ. He makes decisions like he's his child.

the same GM that traded back and risked losing him, brought in orton to replace him, brought in tyrod and cassell and made it a completely open competition, etc....

you are latching on to news narratives that just arent backed up by his actions. hell, if you love the news narratives, whaley allegedly wanted cardale last time we opened this can of worms. finding out if EJ belongs as a backup (or possibly part of a competition) next year is not a bad thing. also, this move would be happening regardless of who the backup is.

Clearly, they do not think Cardale is ready. He is not the answer now.

I think you are right.

If Cardale was ready for a start, they would give this to him.

They already know what they have with EJ. They aren't playing him to see anything. They just want to avoid the injury clause with Tyrod which suggests maybe they are thinking of cutting ties with Tyrod.

Thank you. Why can't people understand this?

Here's what I think's going on with both players:

Tyrod: Why play him in meaningless game with the huge risk of injury (and possible large payment)? It's a sound move regardless of how strongly they feel about his play or how they might address his option

EJ: If anything, this is a tryout for the backup QB role, not starter - From that perspective, it makes perfect sense - One last look to decide whether we should retain him for no. 2 or 3

Or it is a sign of Whaley sees he is not good enough and ready to look elsewhere instead of commit to not good enough for 3 years

The fact that Taylor looks like he isn't long for this team tells you everything you need to know about this organization and Whaley. Manuel is terrible and Taylor is average at worst. He's better than any guy the Bills will have a chance at getting next season.

Good luck to Tyrod. I look forward to seeing him perform capably elsewhere.

Give me a break McBride. Tyrod is OK on a good day. He is not leading us to the promised land. He still looks confused on most plays that he drops back in the pocket. He threw for 329 yards against the Fish, and still missed a lot of throws. He is not consistent enuf to beat the good teams. Look at his body of work over the past two years. Some good. A lot of mediocre to poor. We can do better.