Trump foreign policy

lol...the left is forced to side with Iran,  people who murder Jews, illegal immigration, crashing the economy...

all because of their hatred of Trump

Its literally hilarious watching this.

Edited by Albwan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I love how all of these arm chair internet critics like to second guess every move. I’d like to see them try being in the decision making seat for one day. It’s a lot harder than it looks from your keyboard! 

I keep that in mind while I'm criticizing.  And there's a good bit to criticize here - as was pointed out somewhere else, this is another example of Trump understanding tactics but not strategy.  

Or, as I pointed out, another example of Trump understanding marketing but nothing else.  The IRGC is a professional military force, intended to take losses and survive without degredation of capabilities.  Killing Solemani is analogous to Iran assassinating General McKenzie (current CENTCOM commander) - nice propaganda win, but doesn't degrade US capabilities a damn, and results in Hell being rained down Iran's head.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I keep that in mind while I'm criticizing.  And there's a good bit to criticize here - as was pointed out somewhere else, this is another example of Trump understanding tactics but not strategy.  

Or, as I pointed out, another example of Trump understanding marketing but nothing else.  The IRGC is a professional military force, intended to take losses and survive without degredation of capabilities.  Killing Solemani is analogous to Iran assassinating General McKenzie (current CENTCOM commander) - nice propaganda win, but doesn't degrade US capabilities a damn, and results in Hell being rained down Iran's head.  

This is an action that's hard to judge until we see the consequences. If all we see is sabre-rattling and Iran stands down a bit, great. If this escalates, problem. 

Trump just went for it on 4th and 1 on his own 35. Genius or goat gets judged by the result here. Heavy lays the crown in these situations and I'm not sure if this particular action was the best choice. I hope it was--it would be great if this puts Iran back in the box a bit. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Assassinating a leading, but replaceable, general is definitely a new chapter in US-Iran relations. One of the things I liked about Trump so far was how he resisted doing rash things with the military. What happens next is something we can only wait for. Iran is under a lot of pressure.  

I’d love to see any documented proof prior to today that you liked how Trump avoided rash military action. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I’d love to see any documented proof prior to today that you liked how Trump avoided rash military action. 

I've said many times that I like that he's getting us out of war, his aggressive stance vs China on trade, and his conservative judicial appointments.

You just believe the simple narratives here that everyone outside of the conspiracy boyz gang is a simple D or R lemming, and in so believing, are yourself a lemming. 

Edited by John Adams

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I love how all of these arm chair internet critics like to second guess every move. I’d like to see them try being in the decision making seat for one day. It’s a lot harder than it looks from your keyboard! 

Comes with the territory 

19 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

he has consistently badmouthed everything Trump did or he imagined Trump did.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s sickening how the Dems react to these things. I can understand the desire to be measured when it comes to these issues, but to put out statement after statement basically saying we overreacted and to expect a war as a knee jerk reaction is a joke. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Big DE papers on board too. 

image.png.ffa40a2abba9aaffd731270b4fd93ccb.png

https://www.bild.de/politik/kolumnen/kolumne/usa-toeten-irans-terror-chef-bild-kommentar-trump-hat-die-welt-von-einem-monster-67073674.bild.html

1 minute ago, dubs said:

It’s sickening how the Dems react to these things. I can understand the desire to be measured when it comes to these issues, but to put out statement after statement basically saying we overreacted and to expect a war as a knee jerk reaction is a joke. 

100%. A measured response in a moment like this is much better. 

1 minute ago, dubs said:

they hate everything that happens or doesn't happen

such a sad way to live

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, dubs said:

Do the Republicans who have put out statements basically saying we overreacted and to expect a war as a knee jerk reaction sicken you as well?

Edited by Gary Busey

6 minutes ago, dubs said:

Politics above all. No exceptions. 

everything is political to them, which i can understand

then they demand to corner the market on ethics

which is very amusing,  I make then turn beet red in 2 seconds whenever i can

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

She’s a back bench player. Always blowing in the wind.

it's good to have useful friends in middle Europe

brave of her to make this stance all that much closer to the theatre

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

it's good to have useful friends in middle Europe

brave of her to make this stance all that much closer to the theatre

No doubt there. I just find it maddening how European leaders always come out to comment on the actions of the United States, under who’s protection they’ve been living for the last half century. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

No doubt there. I just find it maddening how European leaders always come out to comment on the actions of the United States, under who’s protection they’ve been living for the last half century. 

that's just taken for granted  :D

and thanks!!!

it's far better than if she condemned the action, right?

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This move increases the chances for peace, not the other way around. It also helps the moderates and rebels on the ground in Iran who are still protesting and have been for over two years. 

No one knows what happens from here regarding peace. I hope that you're right.  

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This move increases the chances for peace, not the other way around. It also helps the moderates and rebels on the ground in Iran who are still protesting and have been for over two years. 

The moderates and rebels in Iran? This helps them? lol 

You will say anything 

3 minutes ago, dpberr said:

This sort of strike puts the fear into the Mexican drug cartels not because it was a drone strike but because Soleimani was believed to be untouchable and the US certainly touched him.  

Oh, ok ?