Trump foreign policy

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Welp, since all the other yellow vest stuff is in this thread...

Macron ‘mulls referendum’ to quell French Yellow Vest crisis

</snip>

According to French weekly Journal du Dimanche (JDD), which cited a number of unnamed sources in the young leader’s entourage, the ballot papers have already been “pre-ordered” and everyone is now awaiting Macron’s green light to set the machinery for the May 26 referendum in motion. The vote would in that case coincide with the European Parliament elections.

</snip>

The referendum is likely to contain several questions, inquiring on a number of economic, social and socio-economic issues, and would be the first of its kind in the French Fifth Republic’s history. JDD speculated that such questions might include whether France needs to reduce its number of lawmakers, and whether their mandates should be shortened.

</snip>

What’s that Merv Levy quote about listening to fans?  Seems apropos here. 

On 2/1/2019 at 1:49 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

On 2/1/2019 at 11:56 PM, DC Tom said:

Yeah, and the NYT reported on the particular missile (SSC-8) that violates the treaty two years ago.  

But they seem to have completely forgotten about that today.

i would be willing to bet that there is a larger objective in mind here with regard to the '87 treaty. it is rumored that China has been deploying large number of missiles in Asia that we, nor Russia can counter because of this treaty.

Beijing: No expansion of INF treaty to cover China

Chinese President Xi Jinping doesn’t want to negotiate expanding a landmark Cold War nuclear arms control treaty to cover Beijing’s military, a top Communist diplomat said Saturday.

“It would involve a series of complicated political, military and legal issues to make the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty multilateral, and many countries remain concerned about this,” Geng Shuang, a Foreign Ministry spokesman, said Saturday. “A higher priority is to maintain and fully implement the existing treaty rather than establishing a new one.”

Geng rebuffed the thought of an expanded treaty on the same day that the President Trump’s administration sent the formal notification to Russia that the United States would withdraw from the INF treaty, which bans ground-based intermediate range cruise missiles. U.S. officials, dating back to President Barack Obama’s administration, have accused Russia of violating the agreement and necessitating the American exit.

“China opposes the U.S. withdrawal and urges the U.S. and Russia to properly deal with disputes through constructive dialogue,” Geng said.

Russia denies violating the pact, but both parties agree that the treaty has the side effect of imposing legal obligations on Russian and American forces while leaving China — which is not a party to the deal — free to develop the otherwise-illicit missiles. U.S. officials assess that Russian President Vladimir Putin’s motives for authorizing the treaty violations stemmed, in part, from concern about Chinese stockpiles. ...

this is most likely a move by both Russia and the US to get China under a treaty umbrella.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

MARGARET BRENNAN: But you- but you also campaigned saying that, you know, President Obama made a big mistake by telegraphing his military moves. You're telegraphing your retreat.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I'm not telegraphing anything.  No, no, no. There's a difference. When President Obama pulled out of Iraq in theory we had Iraq. In other words, we had Iraq. We never had Syria because President Obama never wanted to violate the red line in the sand. So we never had Syria. I was the one that actually violated the red line when I hit Syria with 59 Tomahawk missiles, if you remember. But President Obama chose not to do that. When he chose not to do that, he showed tremendous weakness. But we didn't have Syria whereas we had Iraq. So when he did what he did in Iraq, which was a mistake. Being in Iraq was a mistake. Okay. Being in Iraq- it was a big mistake to go- one of the greatest mistakes going into the Middle East that our country has ever made. One of the greatest mistakes that we've ever made--

Wow 

This guy is so stupid: 

MARGARET BRENNAN: But you want to keep troops there now?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: --but when it was chosen-- well, we spent a fortune on building this incredible base. We might as well keep it. And one of the reasons I want to keep it is because I want to be looking a little bit at Iran because Iran is a real problem.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Whoa, that's news. You're keeping troops in Iraq because you want to be able to strike in Iran?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: No, because I want to be able to watch Iran. All I want to do is be able to watch. We have an unbelievable and expensive military base built in Iraq. It's perfectly situated for looking at all over different parts of the troubled Middle East rather than pulling up. And this is what a lot of people don't understand. We're going to keep watching and we're going to keep seeing and if there's trouble, if somebody is looking to do nuclear weapons or other things, we're going to know it before they do.

MARGARET BRENNAN: So you're going to trust the intelligence that you receive?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I am going to trust the intelligence that I’m putting there, but I will say this: my intelligence people, if they said in fact that Iran is a wonderful kindergarten, I disagree with them 100 percent. It is a vicious country that kills many people. When you talk about torture and so many other things. And- maybe they’ll come back. The country is getting absolutely- when I ended the horrible Iran nuclear deal- it was a horrible deal done by President Obama and John Kerry that didn’t know what the hell he was doing. When I ended that deal, Margaret, all of a sudden Iran became a different country. They became- very rapidly- right now they’re a country that’s in big financial trouble. Let’s see what happens.

Democrat Sen. Chris Murphy shares ‘BOMBSHELL REPORT’ implicating Trump admin (there’s just one problem)

missedit_new.jpg

7NorOQHB_normal.jpgChris Murphy
BOMBSHELL REPORT. The "beautiful military equipment" Trump sold Saudi Arabia and UAE is now in the hands of Al Qaeda aligned militias. One group drives U.S. made armored vehicles now. This is what happens when you flood a war zone with more weapons. https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/02/middleeast/yemen-lost-us-arms/ 

And this is what happens when you’re so hellbent on implicating Donald Trump in a scandal that you forget to check your facts:

DyqxW7qW0AEaJ8F.jpg......DyqxW7pW0AUUgtz.jpg
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Democrat Sen. Chris Murphy shares ‘BOMBSHELL REPORT’ implicating Trump admin (there’s just one problem)

missedit_new.jpg

And this is what happens when you’re so hellbent on implicating Donald Trump in a scandal that you forget to check your facts:

DyqxW7qW0AEaJ8F.jpg......DyqxW7pW0AUUgtz.jpg

This also belongs as an addendum to the first post in the Deep State Thread. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GG said:

Heh, what's another 400 dead Russians on Trump's watch?  I'd figure Putin would have learned by now.

If the Venezuelan army comes down on Maduro''s side, then this has the potential to be a lot like Syria.

Dictator with "neighbor" interested party/Cuba mucking things up, like Turkey; and foreign $$ invested/Iran. Dictator then invites Putin to "help him out".  The only differences at this point would be (1) the real shooting hasn't started yet, and (2) the Monroe Doctrine.