Adam Schefter: Rex Ryan to be fired end of season

Yeezus

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not, but you also wonder if he's bored with the cushy TV job. Marino left the cushy TV after years to go back to Miami. Believe he's still there, though you never hear much about him. Maybe a job like that would also appeal to Cowher where he's not the one dodging the bullets .

Yes they do have the same philosophy except Cowher has succeeded with where Rex hasn't. And I'm not looking for Cowher to be the leader, just want to give Whaley someone else to run things by and get a second opinion, but the person has to be someone who he'd respect the opinion of. Probably Tom C (Not going to try and spell his name. Good reason for him to stay away as would hate to have to learn how to spell that one) of the Giants would also fit that bill.

The Chin is not going to leave his cushy no pressure TV job for the rigors and headaches of NFL life.

I won't hate that but it is a completely different NFL than he left. Fans get nostalgic. Rex and Cowher have essentially the same philosophy.

But in reality none of them were completely based off his decision. How do most coaches, GM's coordinators get their first head job, by being a lower level assistant prior. And likely in that position they likely were involved with hiring and firing of others, but more behind the scenes. So probably anyone you were to bring in, would have just as many notches in his belt as Whaley. And frankly not so sure I'd even want someone without the notches as how would that person know what to look for without having gone through the process a few times and likely failed more than succeeded.

Lets face it, anyone who's succeeded more than failed likely wouldn't be available to begin with.

Yikes. On paper Whaley has done some decent things. Three coaches in how many seasons? That is not great. Even if he wasn't a major part of the Gailey and Marrone process. Gailey was more Nix and Brandon and Marrone was joint Nix, Brandon and Whaley

I'm sorry, but FO cleaning should commence. Let Terry finally pick his guys and build a quality foundation finally for this team.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18277690/nfl-2016-adam-schefter-chris-mortensen-week-15-notebook-leveon-bell-future-pittsburgh-steelers

there it is.

Says Whaley most likely staying. I'm for a full house cleaning and Whaley has been nothing more than underwhelming here. But if he can find the right coach/QB than by all means go for it.

What an awful hire this was. We were right on the verge of becoming a quality team, Rex legit set this team back 3+ years.

Yeah Whaley's been underwhelming and we're just mildly talented, what a joke of a comment.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18277690/nfl-2016-adam-schefter-chris-mortensen-week-15-notebook-leveon-bell-future-pittsburgh-steelers

there it is.

Says Whaley most likely staying. I'm for a full house cleaning and Whaley has been nothing more than underwhelming here. But if he can find the right coach/QB than by all means go for it.

What an awful hire this was. We were right on the verge of becoming a quality team, Rex legit set this team back 3+ years.

Means nothing without Whaley going too.

I go back to the Jauron days. Earlier somebody reposted a column after the 2009 6-3 loss to the Browns. Thinking back on those rosters...Jesus.

We are lightyears from having rosters as woeful as those. I think the bar is very much higher--as evident by being on the doorstep of three consecutive non-losing seasons for the first time since the drought began, and still being pissed and displeased with what happens on Sundays. Baby steps, to be sure. Just think back to 2006-11 and realize how far we've come. We're not that far off.

Or atually how good Jauron and his staff actually was to get these results with that crap...

Edited by Reed83HOF

Or atually hoe good Jauron and his staff actually was to get these results with that crap...that we all bought into btw...

Five words...

Keith Ellison and John DiGorgio

How about Todd Haley for HC and Jeff Fisher for DC ? Fisher wont have another HC gig waiting for him

Interesting, but those two would freaking kill each other.

Whaley missed on EJ

mortgaged the future by using 2 first round picks on Sammy. Could have had Mack at #5 or sat at #9 and taken Odell Beckham or DT Aaron Donald and kept the second first rounder.

overpaid on long term deals for underperforming Dareus, Clay, A. Williams, Hughes. re-did shady's deal.

NOT in good cap shape for 2017

Whaley hasn't done anything special at all.

Whaley missed on EJ

mortgaged the future by using 2 first round picks on Sammy. Could have had Mack at #5 or sat at #9 and taken Odell Beckham or DT Aaron Donald and kept the second first rounder.

overpaid on long term deals for underperforming Dareus, Clay, A. Williams, Hughes. re-did shady's deal.

NOT in good cap shape for 2017

Whaley hasn't done anything special at all.

Traded a fourth for Bryce Brown. Gave away two fourths to move up to pick Ragland, who would probably have been available at the Bills' slot anyway.

Whaaaaaa? What about "Don't let him leave the room?" Russ will be crushed.

When Brandon said "Don't let him leave the room" what he really meant was "We'll probably need to terminate the contract three years early, after Rex destroys our top 5 D. But it's for the best interest of the organization."

Considering that Russ has been building a robust analytics department for several years now, we should be good to go come September 2017.

Buffalo is so dysfunctional that Marrone quit to work in a lower position on a worse team. He had the Bills on the brink of respectability and jackass Rex throws us back in the hole. I put that on Whaley and Brandon and for that I feel we clean house and they all go.

Actually he quit for free money and a Jets HC job he thought he was going to get.