La Canfora on FAN 590: Bills Situation "Toxic"

Doutz

I cant believe Bills fans here 'circle the wagons' and defend the team and organization whenever questioned

Fricking crazy, isn't it!

Apparently anyone who reports something that fits your narrative is accurate. Consider the source.

OK, meet you at the playoff celebration, tell me where! Or we could meet and celebrate the success of first round draft choices. OK, we can do this in 2017! Maybe 2018! Dumb ass!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never understand how some people can criticize the team, then react violently against an outsider having similar criticisms.

I think it's very clear something has been broken at OBD for a long time. I think it's also pretty clear that several different positions of power within the organization are acting solely in their best interests. I've always thought Whaley has done a passable job, but if the entire situation is toxic the solution is to wipe the slate completely clean. I don't understand why Rex is still the coach and I don't understand why Tyrod is starting on Sunday. I've been willing to give Pegula a pass, but with the different information being leaked out (regardless of who is reporting it) it's hard to draw any conclusion other than the situation being pretty toxic. From my vantage point, Brandon has been the tie that's bound all the eras of futility together. As long as he's at OBD I don't see how anything is going to change.

Cutler left the situation with only one place to go. He's a cancer.

careful! I don't know how many times you posted in this thread (i just opened it and couldn't get past page 3 with all the russ/whaley ballwashing) but if you're not careful the management shills will be all over you..

BLAME THE MEDIA!! :doh:

Edited by jester43

That segment was complete BS. LaConfora should be ashamed of himself. The media in general (not just sports) just flat out says things that aren't verified truths.

An example of good reporting is Wawrow. He communicates in very segmented thoughts of what he's heard. LaConfora said "while Rex is coaching the guys in the suites are up in the booth telling Terry, he did that wrong - he did that wrong, saving their jobs." Is he kidding with that crap? There's zero chance anyone with a half of brain could believe he'd know that's what's happening. The whole thing was crap and he KNOWS nothing.

Being cheap and not taking risks is why we haven't had a QB in 20 years. Our last QB we drafted even though he refused to even play for us. What a risk that was.

They traded a first round pick for Rob Johnson. They traded a first for Drew Bledsoe. They signed Doug Flutie. They drafted Losman in the first. They drafted Edwards in the third. They drafted EJ. They signed Kolb. They signed Tyrod and Cassell.

These moves haven't produced Hall of Fame QB play, but this narrative about being cheap and not taking risks is a song sung by a section of the fanbase that continues to be off-key.

Edited by purple haze

They traded a first round pick for Rob Johnson. They traded a first for Drew Bledsoe. They signed Doug Flutie. They drafted Losman in the first. They drafted Edwards in the third. They drafted EJ. They signed Kolb. They signed Tyrod and Cassell.

These moves haven't produced Hall of Fame QB play, but this narrative about being cheap and not taking risks is a song sung by a section of the fanbase that continues to be off-key.

Exactly. There's posters that actually think we should draft one every year. There's nothing more idiotic but they absolutely believe it.

Draft picks are risks. Whaley is fully content to throw around 1st rounders for guys like Sammy Watkins, but deathly afraid to use a high pick on a QB.

Acquiring Kolb, Matt Cassell and Tyrod are the definition of low risk crap moves. They had salaries of what, 2M with a notable 6th round pick cost. This team has done nothing in terms of risking on a QB since EJ, a guy who has been a trainwreck under center for 3 years. It's incredible.

Exactly. There's posters that actually think we should draft one every year. There's nothing more idiotic but they absolutely believe it.

We haven't drafted a QB in the first 3 rounds since EJ Manuel. I hear you on not getting one every year, but come on. You take yourself out of the game with "well we drafted one kinda recently, can't take one now," lines of thinking. If the Raiders or Bucs bought into your line of thinking, they wouldn't have Carr or Winston.

Edited by jmc12290

Who is going on a rampage? The guy manages to sell suck year after year, so he's certainly good at that part of the job, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single poster that wants him actually involved with football decisions. As for being the man behind the curtain, I don't think anyone here really knows what is happening behind the scenes at OBD, but some on this site have the guy sacrificing virgins, and I'm pretty sure Fadingpain produced a fuzzy picture of Russ eating lunch on the grassy knoll next to at Texas school book depository.

Selling the team when it's 7-9 year after year is a lot easier than if the team had bottomed out like it has in the past. Plus, this fan base has such a rabid bunch of fans.and has been in such fear of losing the team to a different city the fans have kept the team here in Buffalo by buying season tickets and attending games. Not to mention some of the lowest ticket prices in the NFL have kept the fans buying tickets and attending games. Tailgating has become a fine art for the people of Buffalo. Then when the team finally had a winning season at 9-7 the season ticket sales jumped to the highest ever.

The Buffalo Bills hasn't been that hard a sell since 1984-85 and back to back 2-14 seasons.

After the 2009 season, someone in the Bills FO (cough, cough) let slip that Ralph Wilson would pay up to 10 mill per for the right head coach. After hearing that Mike Shanahan (who was already committed to the Redskins) Interviewed for the Job. It also got Bill Cowher to give a stealth interview in which he stated he would hire Chan Gailey as his OC, among other coaches. No way would RW pay that much but it gave an insight into the assistants Cowher would hire and Gailey ended up as the Bills head coach.

The Bills are here to stay so the team had better start winning games to keep tickets sales going. If Rex stays it could get ugly next season unless something happens in the draft or free agency.

After the 2009 season, someone in the Bills FO (cough, cough) let slip that Ralph Wilson would pay up to 10 mill per for the right head coach. After hearing that Mike Shanahan (who was already committed to the Redskins) Interviewed for the Job. It also got Bill Cowher to give a stealth interview in which he stated he would hire Chan Gailey as his OC, among other coaches. No way would RW pay that much but it gave an insight into the assistants Cowher would hire and Gailey ended up as the Bills head coach.

This little snippet has no apparent connection to the rest of your comment, but just to set the record straight, Cowher declined interviewing for the HC spot (and therefore never said he would hire Gailey as OC), but recommended that the Bills consider Gailey for HC.

Who is going on a rampage? The guy manages to sell suck year after year, so he's certainly good at that part of the job, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single poster that wants him actually involved with football decisions. As for being the man behind the curtain, I don't think anyone here really knows what is happening behind the scenes at OBD, but some on this site have the guy sacrificing virgins, and I'm pretty sure Fadingpain produced a fuzzy picture of Russ eating lunch on the grassy knoll next to at Texas school book depository.

Connecting Brandon with the JFK assassination is obviously pure folly.

He is definitely the mastermind behind the chemtrails though.

All kidding aside, get that freaking clown out of town.

If everything remains as is but we get rid of Rex, expect nothing to change any time soon.

We are all going to have to suffer while Pegula comes up to speed.

Let's hope he's a quick learner.

Conspiracy Theory:

LaCanfora is tight with Jimmy Sexton; this could be another way to further legitimize Dougie from leaving so he can become a hot commodity in a couple weeks for a new HC job. Russ readin message boards and twitter could be fearing for his ticket sales and thus seeing the unhappiness of the fans talks to the Pegulas and creates this self-fulfilling prophecy...

you folks have all lost yur collective minds.

how deep into conjecture has this gone ? Long since left Fact town.

I am sure it is fine fun to imagine.

but please do not take yourselves seriously.

This is just a game.

Bills.

they play football on Sunday.

Fans B word Monday.

but this is getting morbid

Seems like we are arguing the equivalent of when did Rex know. The bottom now that ESPN is reporting, is that Rex is done. Whether is would happen last week or at the end of the season does it really matter? If its broke, fix it. Im for the house cleaning. Whaley---this team should be better since we have more years of top half draft choices, but its barely better. I dont think the money guys have done well with Pegs money. Wouldnt bother me in the slightest if Russ goes too.

Conspiracy Theory:

LaCanfora is tight with Jimmy Sexton; this could be another way to further legitimize Dougie from leaving so he can become a hot commodity in a couple weeks for a new HC job. Russ readin message boards and twitter could be fearing for his ticket sales and thus seeing the unhappiness of the fans talks to the Pegulas and creates this self-fulfilling prophecy...

Sexton is Rex's agent too ... the plot thickens (or something)

So you are counting the acquisition of Flutie, Kolb, Tyrod and Cassell as attempts to find a franchise QB? :lol:

None of those acquisitions was on anyone's radar as a starter.....except Buffalo where Kolb and Cassell were seen as desperation stop gaps. Don't forget Fitz!

Point being that they could easily have been A LOT more active in the process of finding one.

The Seahawks traded for Charlie Whitehurst, signed Matt Flynn and drafted Russell Wilson all in a period of weeks.

They considered Whitehurst a potential star and Flynn was a hot commodity.

They weren't hanging all their hopes on one guy or discouraging competition.

The Bills are always trying to luck out at the QB position.

They still haven't selected one with their first pick in the first round since their first draft.........56 draft years.....that is the very definition of never being ALL-IN.

Sexton is Rex's agent too ... the plot thickens (or something)

Oh I did not know that....

So you are counting the acquisition of Flutie, Kolb, Tyrod and Cassell as attempts to find a franchise QB? :lol:

None of those acquisitions was on anyone's radar as a starter.....except Buffalo where Kolb and Cassell were seen as desperation stop gaps. Don't forget Fitz!

Point being that they could easily have been A LOT more active in the process of finding one.

The Seahawks traded for Charlie Whitehurst, signed Matt Flynn and drafted Russell Wilson all in a period of weeks.

They considered Whitehurst a potential star and Flynn was a hot commodity.

They weren't hanging all their hopes on one guy or discouraging competition.

The Bills are always trying to luck out at the QB position.

They still haven't selected one with their first pick in the first round since their first draft.........56 draft years.....that is the very definition of never being ALL-IN.

True Story!

F :censored: k I hate this team sometimes....