New Chenelly Tweet - Coughlin an option

Reed83HOF

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly 1h1 hour ago

The inactive list Sunday could be telling. #Bills #BillsMafia And Tom Coughlin really is an option.

Tom Coughlin is being talking about as returning to Jaguars in some speculation reports.

Right now, I think there are too many rumors going around. Wasn't Rex supposedly going to be fired after last week's game?

He was. That was an actor we saw.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Coughlin is being talking about as returning to Jaguars in some speculation reports.

He was. That was an actor we saw.

Kind of like "History of the World, Part 1" with the piss boy posing at the King of France. Edited by Jerry Jabber

I wouldn't mind seeing Rex stay. He'd have to streamline his coaching staff though.

Streamline? Rob dropping 50+ or do we have a dozen coaches too many? It's Peg's money, but why is that necessary? A coach for every 2 players?

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 4h4 hours ago

Rex Ryan was told at least a day, possibly days, before yesterday's #Bills game ownership feels it needs to move on at HC at end of season.

Joe Freddoso @joefreddoso 4h4 hours ago

Thanks Joe. Are you hearing the Pegula's are frustrated with his lack of professionalism? Its more than W's and L's

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 4h4 hours ago

They just want to win.

Jon Alhart @JonAlhart 3h3 hours ago

I have a hard time believing this. Makes no sense. Wouldn't they just have fired him already then? #Bills

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 2h2 hours ago

I don't want to speculate on why, as I don't know. Not unheard of. There are people taking sides in a divided org.

Jon Alhart @JonAlhart 2h2 hours ago

it'll be interesting. Looks like his days are numbered.

For what it is worth, I'd be happy to have him back another season provided there are changes among defensive coaching staff.

Jon Alhart @JonAlhart 2h2 hours ago

Agreed. I don't agree with his overal philosophy that defense and running wins - but this roster feels like 8 win talent...

I agree. But that points the finger @ Mr. Whaley & his staff. That isn't happening now.

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 1h1 hour ago

The inactive list Sunday could be telling. #Bills #BillsMafia And Tom Coughlin really is an option.

I'm down, Tom runs a tight ship and could turn this club around.

This dude nailed Rex, Roman, Hughes and others before anyone else. My guess is TT is inactive; I am really thinking it is Coughlin

That would be Shocking indeed!

Where is this inactive list?

I would be fine with Coughlin in a senior advisory role, i.e. doing the football stuff that Russ Brandon claims he isn't doing. I actually think he would be a good fit in that kind of position. He knows how a winning franchise operates and how to foster that attitude. He knows his way around the league and knows the major players. The Pegulas need someone who can guide them on building a winner - Russ has proven over the last 15 years that he knows nothing about it.

I would not want Coughlin as a head coach, or as general manager. At his age, he is not a long term solution in either slot.

this, but would still be glad if he was HC

I'd be so discouraged if we made Coughlin our next coach. He's past his prime and just too old. The Giants are having a pretty nice year without him which says something.

Ageist!

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly 4h4 hours ago

Rex Ryan was told at least a day, possibly days, before yesterday's #Bills game ownership feels it needs to move on at HC at end of season.

Joe Freddoso ‏@joefreddoso 4h4 hours ago

Thanks Joe. Are you hearing the Pegula's are frustrated with his lack of professionalism? Its more than W's and L's

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly 4h4 hours ago

They just want to win.

Jon Alhart ‏@JonAlhart 3h3 hours ago

I have a hard time believing this. Makes no sense. Wouldn't they just have fired him already then? #Bills

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly 2h2 hours ago

I don't want to speculate on why, as I don't know. Not unheard of. There are people taking sides in a divided org.

Jon Alhart ‏@JonAlhart 2h2 hours ago

it'll be interesting. Looks like his days are numbered.

For what it is worth, I'd be happy to have him back another season provided there are changes among defensive coaching staff.

Jon Alhart ‏@JonAlhart 2h2 hours ago

Agreed. I don't agree with his overal philosophy that defense and running wins - but this roster feels like 8 win talent...

I agree. But that points the finger @ Mr. Whaley & his staff. That isn't happening now.

The only thing I buy in this is that this is a divided organization.

On Rex's side, he can point to the obvious: glaring, gaping holes at safety and the WR group.

On Whaley's: Rex hasn't gotten the production out of the D that even Pettine was able to, never mind Schwartz. Mario Williams quit on the team after less than a season with Rex, and vast resources have been poured in to try to right the ship and it still hasn't worked. Whaley got an extraordinary value in Kiko for Shady, struck gold with Darby, LorAx, Zach, Hughes and Ritchie, and got the pieces for the best rushing attack two years running.

But it still isn't enough.

I bet the knives are out. It's hard to tear it all down if they finish 9-7 but there is bad blood. FWIW, the last coach I remember being fired with a winning record was Lovie Smith from Chicago and neither side has done well since.

Pegula seems like a good guy. I seriously doubt he would do this to Rex. Rex seems like a good guy and regardless of how you feel about him, he doesn't deserve this.

Good Guy yes. Good Defensive coordinator no. Having "good guys" around is why this organization has not sniffed the playoffs in going on 17 years.

Now that the Jags fired Bradley, and Coughlin wants to coach, and all of his family is in Jacksonville, if our St. Francis boy wants Coughlin, he'll get him.

I wish we could get him, but he's not going to at 70 with no real QB, go to Buffalo. This one will most likely be a Whaley pick. Brandon and the Pegulas he the say on Rex. Remember,Rex was a direct line to the Pegulas, and now the buzz is the Pegulas believe Whaley has done a good job finding gems, so maybe he gets his guy this time.

This is what I'm wondering who he would want.