Who is the cancer?

dorquemada

I think the cancer is not necessarily a person. It is a culture of losing that has crept into this organization which is the cancer. There is a lack of passion, playing smart, and overall determination to prevail. Just like Ryan, they lack attention to detail, they are unprepared, and are outcoached and outplayed on a pretty regular basis.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pegs should have fired them all when they bought the team...The true source is unable to identified, the cancer has spread throughout....

Yes he should have. But he didn't do that when he bought the Sabres and then he continued the same trends when he bought the Bills. Unfortunately Pegula is overly patient. Sometimes that can be a good thing, other times it's not.

I think the cancer is not necessarily a person. It is a culture of losing that has crept into this organization which is the cancer. There is a lack of passion, playing smart, and overall determination to prevail. Just like Ryan, they lack attention to detail, they are unprepared, and are outcoached and outplayed on a pretty regular basis.

Legacy of being unprepared, out smarted, out played and out coached in four straight Super Bowls.

Don't know if it's really a cancer as much as impatience, constantly changing direction, coupled with years of RW being cheap when it came to coaches and front office, led to years of decline. Coupled with terrible luck in finding a QB which they certainly aren't alone in, half the teams in the league suffered the same fate.

Assuming the rumors are true that Whaley wanted to hire Hue Jackson, but Pegula over ruled him, would be reason to keep Whaley around and let him hire the next coach.

The same Hue Jackson that couldn't turn around the suddenly successful Raiders and who is currently 0-13 in Cleveland?

The same GM who has put us in this mess with poor contracts and draft day decisions?

NO THANKS.

Whomever signed the Dareus contract, being on the hook for that much money and cap space to anyone is stupid, especially an immature addict. Whaley bet the farm on a handful of guys. Bad plan Louie, you gotta spread the risk. Whaley falls in love with players and in the NFL it is total detachment, just ask the Patriots.

We're all in agreement that this season is disappointing. Weirdly, I think most of us agree that we would rather see them lose out at this point because it's the best chance to trigger Terry and Kim doing a legit housecleaning. It's a strange position for a fanbase.

A significant reason for the depth of feeling this year is that we all (most of us - some of you were predicting 6-10 or 7-9. I wish we had a sticky from the pre-season prediction thread, maybe next year?) were expecting more. We all wanted the playoffs, I think even among the doubters, we were at least expecting a competitive team that fought every game.

Allowing for those two ideas, it seems like there's been a major malfunction somwhere on this team. Obviously Rex is a joke of a coach, and Tryhard has regressed, which probably has a few reasons behind it.

Here's my theory, and I come by it from my experience managing people, including my current team of 7 professionals. This team has an individual or perhaps more than one, who is/are embittered against the team management or leadership in some way, and are working at cross-purposes to the vision and plan. Hell, it might even be the coaching staff not getting along with Whaley, though i think maybe that's a little less likely to play out than a player or 3 sowing discord in the locker room. I don't know who it might be, except i still feel like Marcel Dareus has made this team worse since he returned. Before anyone takes offense on his behalf, i'm just sharing my observation. I'm not sure he's motivated or smart enough to do that effectively, but I don't doubt that some players resent his enormous salary and lackadaisical attitude. That's my idea, anyone have any other suggestions as to who might be the malfactor?

Would you REALLY be ok losing to the Browns? Honestly.

Unless you are in on team meetings, practices and other activities it is all conjecture. The cancer can be subtle like a guy who undercuts team mates and coaches privately. It can be overt with a guy talking to the press anonymously or causing turmoil in the locker room. From the outside it seems to be, this is a guess, that some guys are still living in the past and want the Schwartz defense. That is a attitude that can spread when things go wrong. Two seasons worth of the defense getting blasted in games will do it.

The Pegula's started this by hiring Ryan and have him report directly to them. Either give Whaley control over the HC and personnel or fire him and bring in a GM you trust to fix this team

Well said. Whaley has had some misses but he got the players Rex wanted and it has hit the fan.

Let Doug pick his coach and the players. Give him two more years.

We're all in agreement that this season is disappointing. Weirdly, I think most of us agree that we would rather see them lose out at this point because it's the best chance to trigger Terry and Kim doing a legit housecleaning. It's a strange position for a fanbase.

A significant reason for the depth of feeling this year is that we all (most of us - some of you were predicting 6-10 or 7-9. I wish we had a sticky from the pre-season prediction thread, maybe next year?) were expecting more. We all wanted the playoffs, I think even among the doubters, we were at least expecting a competitive team that fought every game.

Allowing for those two ideas, it seems like there's been a major malfunction somwhere on this team. Obviously Rex is a joke of a coach, and Tryhard has regressed, which probably has a few reasons behind it.

Here's my theory, and I come by it from my experience managing people, including my current team of 7 professionals. This team has an individual or perhaps more than one, who is/are embittered against the team management or leadership in some way, and are working at cross-purposes to the vision and plan. Hell, it might even be the coaching staff not getting along with Whaley, though i think maybe that's a little less likely to play out than a player or 3 sowing discord in the locker room. I don't know who it might be, except i still feel like Marcel Dareus has made this team worse since he returned. Before anyone takes offense on his behalf, i'm just sharing my observation. I'm not sure he's motivated or smart enough to do that effectively, but I don't doubt that some players resent his enormous salary and lackadaisical attitude. That's my idea, anyone have any other suggestions as to who might be the malfactor?

It's Hughes, I tell ya Hughes , he couldn't get along with Maroon and now Rob , he is responsible for all of this!!!

Other than that I'd say Russ he just doesn't know it.

Should hire a president of football operations. Coaches and GM report to him and he reports to the owners. The president of football operations has final say on all hiring and drafts and free agents and uses the info and requests from scouts, coaches and GM as opinions to consider. But he makes the final decisions, no ifs, ands or buts and answers only to the owners. That would fix 75% of the issues with this organization in a heartbeat.

That's usually the GMs job...why have a GM if the president is doing this? No need for both

Anybody not giving 110% is a cancer. I saw some Sunday. I tried starting a list but their didn't seem to be much interest in making a list of players that didn't show up. Some people do their best all the time no matter what the situation. Some people are easily swayed from doing their best. Others are satisfied to just get by and collect a check.

Edited by bmur66