Sammy Watkins did not practice due to sore foot

16-0

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, it seems everybody I know who gets headaches claims they're getting a migraine!

i am a sufferer of Cluster Headaches...and let me tell you there is a reason they call them the "the Beast" or "Suicide Headaches". Here is just a quick excerpt from a description of them.

There are cluster attack behaviors that distinguish them from migraines or other types of headache. Cluster sufferers cannot lie down or remain still, but feel they have to pace around or move in some way. In the worst attacks, they may crawl or roll on the floor, pound their fists on their heads or the floor, or even pound their heads on the floor or wall. Muttering, swearing and screaming is common, escalating with the severity of the pain.

I have spent many a night in my 30's and 40's pounding my head against the floor, and scaring the chit out of my kids.....so i sympathise with migraine sufferers. And never doubt someone when they say they are debilitated by a headache...i can tell you i have busted my leg, busted my elbow, been hit the nuts numerous times...nothing comes close to the pain of these headaches.

Over reaction ? He played hurt a lot in his first two years. We already know about this season.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/24712/add-broken-foot-to-sammy-watkins-growing-list-of-nfl-injuries

Again, I am NOT advocating getting rid of him. I am, as I said, asking a valid question about how much time do we give him ?

I am not comparing him to anyone else and neither am I denying that he is a fantastic talent. But just cos you brought stats up, Jones has probably 50% more yards than Watkins over the first two seasons.

Actually they put up similar #'s their first two seasons. But to your point, what makes Tuel think SW could ever make the leap to Julio Jones #'s. Tuel you keep saying that but there is nothing to back that up

Not to mention, at this rate, Julio Jones missed about the same number of games his first 3 seasons and put up near identical stats (remainder of this season pending)

Sammy has the talent. Giving up on him would be a huge mistake.

I am not comparing him to anyone else and neither am I denying that he is a fantastic talent. But just cos you brought stats up, Jones has probably 50% more yards than Watkins over the first two seasons.

Wrong. You can hardly tell them apart over the 1st two seasons. Then there is always the QB argument in Manuel/Orton/Taylor combo vs Ryan.

And I am not comparing them, I am simply pointing out that we shouldn't give up on him because of short term injuries. Atlanta gave up far more for Julio and are more patient with him. Bills would do good to do the same with Sammy.

vRukQ6W.png

Edited by What a Tuel

Wrong. You can hardly tell them apart over the 1st two seasons. Then there is always the QB argument in Manuel/Orton/Taylor combo vs Ryan.

And I am not comparing them, I am simply pointing out that we shouldn't give up on him because of short term injuries. Atlanta gave up far more for Julio and are more patient with him. Bills would do good to do the same with Sammy.

vRukQ6W.png

Just gotta take issue with Atlanta giving up "far more" for Jones than Buffalo gave up for Watkins. Atlanta gave up more picks, but they were picking much later in their rounds.

vRukQ6W.png

Not sure where you got that screenshot. Here is what I get from ESPN stats page

2014 (rec/yards)

JJ 104/1593

SW. 65/982

JJ 136/1871

SW. 60/1047

As I said, 50% more yards for JJ

@MatthewFairburn

Bills WR Sammy Watkins running through some change of direction routes at half speed.

@ChrisBrownBills

Watkins appears very limited during early stages of practice. Not pushing things much at all. And can't see why he would on Thurs. #Bills

I still get a kick out of Chris Brown tweeting like he's not paid by the Bills to tweet this stuff.

I still get a kick out of Chris Brown tweeting like he's not paid by the Bills to tweet this stuff.

I'm not sure Chris Brown is capable of a single independent thought. We know he isn't allowed to share his thoughts.... I'm just not sure he has any to share in the first place.

No doubt. But at the same time, in this instance, he's right. If Watkin's foot is sore I wouldn't expect him to go full speed in practice all week and unless it somehow gets better, the rest of the season.

2014 (rec/yards)

JJ 104/1593

SW. 65/982

JJ 136/1871

SW. 60/1047

He's comparing Julio's 1st 2 NFL seasons to Sammy's first 2 NFL seasons

2014 (rec/yards)

JJ 104/1593

SW. 65/982

JJ 136/1871

SW. 60/1047

I am comparing Julios 1st 3 years to Sammys 1st 3 years which is fair right?

Just gotta take issue with Atlanta giving up "far more" for Jones than Buffalo gave up for Watkins. Atlanta gave up more picks, but they were picking much later in their rounds.

They did move up further, true. But they gave up a boatload of picks.

1st Round 2011 (Pick 27)

2nd Round 2011 (Pick 59)

4th Round 2011 (Pick 124)

1st Round 2012 (Pick 22)

4th Round 2012 (Pick 118)

Bills gave up:

1st Round 2014 (Pick 9)

1st Round 2015 (Pick 19)

4th Round 2015 (Pick 115)

Atlanta definitely came down further, but they definitely gave up more in the end.