Sammy Watkins did not practice due to sore foot

16-0

He's comparing Julio's 1st 2 NFL seasons to Sammy's first 2 NFL seasons

Fair point and I agree with his point.

I am comparing Julios 1st 3 years to Sammys 1st 3 years which is fair right?

They did move up further, true. But they gave up a boatload of picks.

1st Round 2011 (Pick 27)

2nd Round 2011 (Pick 59)

4th Round 2011 (Pick 124)

1st Round 2012 (Pick 22)

4th Round 2012 (Pick 118)

Bills gave up:

1st Round 2014 (Pick 9)

1st Round 2015 (Pick 19)

4th Round 2015 (Pick 115)

Atlanta definitely came down further, but they definitely gave up more in the end.

Totally fair. Point taken

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 16m

16 minutes ago

Bills OC Anthony Lynn says he is "not certain" that Sammy Watkins will be able to finish the season without... http://es.pn/2fWANWB

Bills OC Anthony Lynn says he is "not certain" that Sammy Watkins will be able to finish the season without needing another surgery.

11m

Edited by papazoid

@wgr550

Bills OC Anthony Lynn told the media WR Sammy Watkins is still playing through a broken bone in his foot.

@chrisbrownBills

. #Bills OC Anthony Lynn says Watkins is "tough as hell" b/c he's playing w/a "broken bone in his foot." Says its a pain tolerance thing.

@SalSports Seems like they're saying that he essentially can't make the injury any worse. If he holds up, so be it. If not, surgery likely.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Sounds like he's going to need the 2nd surgery. From what I recall, the recovery time from that is around 6 months which is why I'm guessing they're letting him play. No matter when he has that surgery he should be ready for next season. As long as he can't make it worse they might as well trot him out there and see what he can give them.

I am comparing Julios 1st 3 years to Sammys 1st 3 years which is fair right?

They did move up further, true. But they gave up a boatload of picks.

1st Round 2011 (Pick 27) 680

2nd Round 2011 (Pick 59) 310

4th Round 2011 (Pick 124) 48

1st Round 2012 (Pick 22)

4th Round 2012 (Pick 118)

Bills gave up:

1st Round 2014 (Pick 9) 1350

1st Round 2015 (Pick 19)

4th Round 2015 (Pick 115)

Atlanta definitely came down further, but they definitely gave up more in the end.

That's not correct. I added draft pick values from the standard chart to the current season picks above. The Bills ended up giving more value than Atlanta in the future picks, but it's close and it would be fair to assume values at the time of trade were equal so I won't quibble about that. The Bills gave up 1350 points plus a future 1st and 4th for Watkins. Atlanta gave up 998 points plus a future 1st and 4th for Jones. Buffalo gave up much more value, the equivalent of the 55th overall pick to be precise.

How can he have a broken bone in his foot he just did nothing for what 8 weeks??? I'm so over watkins.... can't wait until he is gone off this team. and it was a great idea to sign Harvin too.... when will this front office learn, DUMB....

Im sooooo confused

its like a 3 stooges rerun... for 20 years now.....

Problem is I still don't know who Larry Curly and Moe are.... because as soon as I think I've got it someone else does something even dumber.

Edited by gordong

That's not correct. I added draft pick values from the standard chart to the current season picks above. The Bills ended up giving more value than Atlanta in the future picks, but it's close and it would be fair to assume values at the time of trade were equal so I won't quibble about that. The Bills gave up 1350 points plus a future 1st and 4th for Watkins. Atlanta gave up 998 points plus a future 1st and 4th for Jones. Buffalo gave up much more value, the equivalent of the 55th overall pick to be precise.

You are splitting hairs here. You can look at trade value all you want, the fact remains that in order to move up and draft Julio Jones, Atlanta had to give up more draft picks, and they did. You can say they got better value all you want, but they traded more draft opportunities, bottom line.

To draft Sammy, would you prefer we gave up what Atlanta did? Or what the Bills did?

I am to the point where I think they should just shut him down and get him fully healthy TO INCLUDE monitoring his workout program through the offseason.

Just too much of an investment to be doing this.

And a high pick on a pass catcher in next years draft

He will never be healthy..... he is a guy that is just not built for the NFL....