Robert Woods updated market value per Spotrac

YoloinOhio

Woods is going to hit FA. He is going to want to see if he can get to a team with a passing attack. If he does come back to Buffalo it will be at a premium.

agreed. as someone else mentioned, he may be able to parlay a big 4 year $35-40m deal into another big contract at 28 yrs old if he plays his cards right. being a #2 somewhere he can shine instead of grinding in this offense would probably appeal to him on that level even if we keep the money close.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. as someone else mentioned, he may be able to parlay a big 4 year $35-40m deal into another big contract at 28 yrs old if he plays his cards right. being a #2 somewhere he can shine instead of grinding in this offense would probably appeal to him on that level even if we keep the money close.

Pierre Garcon is doing literally exactly this. Played out his 5 year 42 million contract with Wash - just turned 30 - and will be looking for years this time.

I think he might actually be a solid woods replacement if the price is right.

I'd love Garcon at the right price. Not sure how realistic it is.... but Watkins, Garcon and a 1st or 2nd round pick.... that would be a decent start. Then hopefully Listenbee steps up or Hunter is sticks around...

D-jax is available as well. Not sure what his role would be if we brought him in - but he's a good player too.

I would like to see the bills move on from Goodwin and Harvin.....I actually like Harvin as a limited rental guy for the rest of this year but this core REALLY needs an upgrade to go with Sammy

Would also like to keep Hunter.....the guy is a TD machine

I agree with this. Woods is nice but doesn't produce touchdowns. I need my number 2 guy to be a problem in the endzone - to me that's Woods biggest drawback. Sammy still hasn't proven he's a redzone threat so I want size like Hunter.

I like Bob Woods as a player. I bet he's even a good locker room guy as he doesn't seem to B word about his role on the team. I just can't wrap my brain around the 9+ million per year figure. I would love him at a lesser # say 6-7 million per. How the hell did Austin get all that cash? Looks like a GM stating he's not a bust because we just paid him 10 million per. (just like KC did with OT Eric Fisher).

FYI, I'd be on board for Britt or Garcon at the correct #'s.

Good for woody, bad for b-lo. $9mil/season for 600 yd/season isn't going to fly.

Austin got 10 and he's never even had a 500 yard season. He did have like 400 something rushing, and has 3 PR TDs but still... MASSIVE overpay - he's their number 1 receiver!

Sanu got 4 years - 6.5 AAV with 14 guaranteed. Jones got 5 years - 8 AAV and 20 guaranteed. He's probably somewhere between there IMO.

Jones had more TDs and projects more as a #1. But #2's still get paid decently - Benjamin got 6 AAV, and Sanu got 6.5, R. Matthews got 5. I know we wanna say he's worth 6 - but he's as good as all of them and it's 1 year later and the caps a little bit higher so his cap % should be the same per his agent.

7-8 seems fair to me, 4 year deal.

I would trade Sammy this off season if that means we got woods back and garcon in.

We can't afford nor do we have the luxury to be wasting top 2 rounds on WR's

I would focus my intentions on keeping Hunter on a prove-it deal--something like $2M for one year.

I don't think it's the worst thing in the world if the team heads into the offseason with Watkins, Hunter, Powell, Listenbee, and Easley as their top 5.

Add a first-round pick like Davis to the equation and you have the makings for a solid corps IMO.

They could always bring back a guy like Salas too.

see what he said below.

if we go into the year with those 5 its a step back from even this year. you would HAVE to add someone early in the draft.

I would trade Sammy this off season if that means we got woods back and garcon in.

We can't afford nor do we have the luxury to be wasting top 2 rounds on WR's

see what he said below.

I don't see it as a luxury. It's the thinnest position on the team now. Your number 2 & 3 are free agents and your number 1 will miss double digit games. It's a need and a HUGE one.

I don't see it as a luxury. It's the thinnest position on the team now. Your number 2 & 3 are free agents and your number 1 will miss double digit games. It's a need and a HUGE one.

QB, safety and lb are as big. We do not have one starter at safety. Aaron Williams needs to retire. Corey Graham is not as productive as before. Gilmore is scapegoated gone. We will need another starting RB, at least to replace robey because even if Seymour can start we need a player capable of playing half the defensive snaps.

And if McCoy continues with his vaginitis we will need a RB just as much as a #2 WR.

QB, safety and lb are as big. We do not have one starter at safety. Aaron Williams needs to retire. Corey Graham is not as productive as before. Gilmore is scapegoated gone. We will need another starting RB, at least to replace robey because even if Seymour can start we need a player capable of playing half the defensive snaps.

And if McCoy continues with his vaginitis we will need a RB just as much as a #2 WR.

The Bills still have McCoy and Gillislee at RB. They will have Watkins and NOBODY at WR. There is a big difference in an RB that will play 5 snaps a game vs. a receiver that will play 50.

A starting safety is the only need that compares to WR IMO. Graham is okay and if he takes a pay cut can fill one of those spots. The Bills need starters at WR, S and RT. CB is potentially a need as well but Seymour will get a look. At safety and WR the Bills need a #2 & a #3. Those have to be the top 2 picks. OT & CB with the next couple and a depth TE somewhere as well. They will add a defensive lineman in FA and hopefully a pay cut for Kyle. Maybe it will be a pure NT?

I suspect that QB will be a vet like Hoyer, Gabbert or maybe even someone like Case Keenum.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Austin got 10 and he's never even had a 500 yard season. He did have like 400 something rushing, and has 3 PR TDs but still... MASSIVE overpay - he's their number 1 receiver!

Sanu got 4 years - 6.5 AAV with 14 guaranteed. Jones got 5 years - 8 AAV and 20 guaranteed. He's probably somewhere between there IMO.

Jones had more TDs and projects more as a #1. But #2's still get paid decently - Benjamin got 6 AAV, and Sanu got 6.5, R. Matthews got 5. I know we wanna say he's worth 6 - but he's as good as all of them and it's 1 year later and the caps a little bit higher so his cap % should be the same per his agent.

7-8 seems fair to me, 4 year deal.

If they can get him to a reasonable place AND Tyrod and him ever click consistently (loved how they worked v Seattle.) then I can see the bills getting off the wallet. Don't see it right now though.