Robert Woods updated market value per Spotrac

YoloinOhio

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is a bit high. Think that is absolute top end of his market.

Think though going to be closer to 7m a yr AVG.

Obviously depends what other WRs hit the market as well.

Example I think Floyd will have a better market than Woods

He'll probably get at least 8. Sanu and Jones got that and their numbers are all fairly even, with Woods having done it for one less year. Now if his knee injury is more serious that could depress his market. After Alshon Jeffrey it's Woods and Floyd. Slim pickins for FA WR's in 2017.

Without a QB who has the vision and accuracy to spread the ball around to OPEN guys on the field it doesn't really matter who you have out there. Tyrod is a more athletic version of Losman.

Edited by H2o

yes because tt has not shown the ability to get it to woods...cept when he does

Tyrod missed A LOT of open guys today. That is something that is a fact my friend. I am not one who has crusaded against Tyrod really at any point. I am just as glad as anyone else we got a W today, but if Tyrod sees then hits these open guys we win by at least 18 and not sweat it out until the last play to win by 4. Thank you defense.

Tyrod missed A LOT of open guys today. That is something that is a fact my friend. I am not one who has crusaded against Tyrod really at any point. I am just as glad as anyone else we got a W today, but if Tyrod sees then hits these open guys we win by at least 18 and not sweat it out until the last play to win by 4. Thank you defense.

cept Woods and Tyrod were actually trending up.......from the Seattle game to the start of this game (where he was putting it on Woods)

There is a reason why you have to take the whole season to evaluate

cept Woods and Tyrod were actually trending up.......from the Seattle game to the start of this game (where he was putting it on Woods)

I agree that their chemistry was looking much better, but Tyrod is making things a lot harder than they should be. Heard Collinsworth say that you usually get 5 opportunities a game to cash in on some chunk yardage/TD types of plays a game. The teams who execute those are the teams who consistently win. I counted at least 3 or 4 plays where Tyrod had the time and the opportunity, but never saw his guy. On the note of this thread though, Bob is gonna get a nice contract this offseason and succeed wherever that may be.

Woods is a great blocker, only 24, and he's a great route runner. I would also say he's shifty, physical, and determined. He's more of a crosser and underneath guy. Taylor has shown very little ability to utilize him until the Seattle game. I'm putting that more on Taylor as so many All-22's show Woods open. He is a very good receiver. Worth that type of money. I don't know how he stays though. He has quietly expressed discontent about his role the last two years. Tyrod is not the QB to make him look good nor is this offense. He probably has another contract coming in the 27/28 age range. Put him with the right QB and system and he's a 1,000 a year guy.

Edited by KzooMike

One game makes a trend huh. Came crashing down to normal 2 weeks later

If any team gives Woods $9M+ a year they're overpaying, he's not worth anywhere near that. I'm not saying he can't get it, there is a lot of teams sitting on a lot of money in FA, so maybe it's possible, but I wouldn't want him at that price. I happen to think WR is probably the most important position outside of QB, so I'm not discounting the position, I just don't think Woods is anything more than an okay #2 or a good #3. I think the right price for Woods is $5-$6M per year, as a FA on the open market he can probably get a little more than that, but $9M a year........no thanks. I'll take the 4th round compensatory for that price and let him walk.

In '16 Free Agency:

Marvin Jones got 5 years - $40M.

Mohamed Sanu got 5 years - $32.5M

I think Marvin Jones is better, so I think Woods will probably be looking for something in that range of $6.5 - $8M per year.

Edited by Estro

If any team gives Woods $9M+ a year they're overpaying, he's not worth anywhere near that. I'm not saying he can't get it, there is a lot of teams sitting on a lot of money in FA, so maybe it's possible, but I wouldn't want him at that price. I happen to think WR is probably the most important position outside of QB, so I'm not discounting the position, I just don't think Woods is anything more than an okay #2 or a good #3. I think the right price for Woods is $5-$6M per year, as a FA on the open market he can probably get a little more than that, but $9M a year........no thanks. I'll take the 4th round compensatory for that price and let him walk.

I am hoping the injuries bring his price down