Robert Woods updated market value per Spotrac

YoloinOhio

Can the Bills potentially keep Goodwin and Harvin? Should they? If they can keep those 2 for $5M or $6M a year combined (have no idea if that is even reasonable) and draft a guy early they will be fine. Woods is a guy that I have been hard on but he has had a nice year. He plays his @ss off!!

If the WR group next year was something like: Sammy, Corey Davis, Harvin, Goodwin and Hunter it would be a big step up IMO.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still find it hard to pay any WRs solid money in the type of offense the Bills run. If they switch to a modern NFL offense I am all for it, but right now I cannot see tieing that money into a No2 WR with the Offensive philosophy that Rex Runs

consider too that we have basically invested that money already in Clay at the TE position.

Can the Bills potentially keep Goodwin and Harvin? Should they? If they can keep those 2 for $5M or $6M a year combined (have no idea if that is even reasonable) and draft a guy early they will be fine. Woods is a guy that I have been hard on but he has had a nice year. He plays his @ss off!!

If the WR group next year was something like: Sammy, Corey Davis, Harvin, Goodwin and Hunter it would be a big step up IMO.

Even then you have 3 guys who have never proved able to stay healthy. They need to move away from Goodwin and Harvin and find more dependable players that will compliment Watkins.

I am curious-- what would you guys expect from a #2 WR, both in terms of production and salary?

hogan is on pace for about 700 yards and making 5 mil per i think. woods is having a career year this year so far. this is where some foresight could have been had and we could get similary production with hogan and maybe have traded woods.

Even then you have 3 guys who have never proved able to stay healthy. They need to move away from Goodwin and Harvin and find more dependable players that will compliment Watkins.

I don't disagree but a lot of it comes down to cost. Are they better off with Goodwin & Harvin at $6M or Kenny Britt at the same price? One of my biggest issues with the receiver position on this team is that it is so thin. It is like when we trotted Donald Jones and David Nelson out there. If Goodwin and Harvin are your #3 & #4 receivers (in no particular order) you are pretty good. In addition they have nice complementary skill sets. You would have Watkins as a complete receiver, Davis as a big pretty complete receiver, Goodwin and Harvin as the deep threats and Hunter as a red zone target. That seems to fit better to me than adding another big bodied guy in Britt.

I would like to see the bills move on from Goodwin and Harvin.....I actually like Harvin as a limited rental guy for the rest of this year but this core REALLY needs an upgrade to go with Sammy

Would also like to keep Hunter.....the guy is a TD machine

I would focus my intentions on keeping Hunter on a prove-it deal--something like $2M for one year.

I don't think it's the worst thing in the world if the team heads into the offseason with Watkins, Hunter, Powell, Listenbee, and Easley as their top 5.

Add a first-round pick like Davis to the equation and you have the makings for a solid corps IMO.

They could always bring back a guy like Salas too.

I would focus my intentions on keeping Hunter on a prove-it deal--something like $2M for one year.

I don't think it's the worst thing in the world if the team heads into the offseason with Watkins, Hunter, Powell, Listenbee, and Easley as their top 5.

Add a first-round pick like Davis to the equation and you have the makings for a solid corps IMO.

if we go into the year with those 5 its a step back from even this year. you would HAVE to add someone early in the draft.

I think that is a bit high. Think that is absolute top end of his market.

Think though going to be closer to 7m a yr AVG.

Obviously depends what other WRs hit the market as well.

Example I think Floyd will have a better market than Woods

The Austin and Hurns deals made him a ton more expensive than i thought.

if we go into the year with those 5 its a step back from even this year. you would HAVE to add someone early in the draft.

I'd like to draft at least... SOMEONE. I know listenbee is like a free pick for next year since he didn't even put pads on this year.

This seems a little ambitious. Hunter comes across to me as a wasted upside, unproductive type of guy, Powell is a rather unskilled ST type of guy, Listenbee has never played before, and I personally feel that Easley will not play again after that last injury. Drafting someone in the 1St 2 roubds is imperative, but so is bringing in a mid range vet who can share the #2 with the draft pick, or be an effective #2 himself should injuries push him to start.

But, I am assuming that #1 we keep Tyrod, and attribute any holes in his stats to weakness at the WR position, and resolve to strengthen the team there to improve the ROI in Tyrod, and #2 OC Lynn has a slightly different playbook than Roman does, and can utilize WRs a little more.

I'd like to draft at least... SOMEONE. I know listenbee is like a free pick for next year since he didn't even put pads on this year.

listenbee is also a 6th round project player.

in that depth chart:

Hopefully Sammy 2017 better than 2016

Hunter isnt as good as woods

Listenbee probably isnt as good as goodwin

and then you are plugging in guys like powell/salas/easley

with a single injury to sammy you are already behind what we called desperate times this season if you dont add a guy that can be a reliable nfl starter out of the gate in the draft.

Hunter over woods? I dunno - Woods and watkins are a nice pair. I'd like to see us bring in a slot guy - Maybe a victor cruz or Amendola (im assuming they are cap casualties) for cheap. Or draft someone who likes to play out of the slot in the middle rounds.

In most cases, i feel like these 2nd contracts are too high.

But in the case of Woods, he deserves what he'll end up with. Hes done everything thats been asked of him (blocking, playing through injuries, etc) and would have put up bigger numbers elsewhere. Not flashy, but consistently tough and reliable.

Absolutely; I'm taking for granted that they'll draft someone in the first 2 rounds.

This seems a little ambitious. Hunter comes across to me as a wasted upside, unproductive type of guy, Powell is a rather unskilled ST type of guy, Listenbee has never played before, and I personally feel that Easley will not play again after that last injury. Drafting someone in the 1St 2 roubds is imperative, but so is bringing in a mid range vet who can share the #2 with the draft pick, or be an effective #2 himself should injuries push him to start.

But, I am assuming that #1 we keep Tyrod, and attribute any holes in his stats to weakness at the WR position, and resolve to strengthen the team there to improve the ROI in Tyrod, and #2 OC Lynn has a slightly different playbook than Roman does, and can utilize WRs a little more.

Hunter hasn't been a disappointment here given the role he's played. With only 200 snaps, he's accounted for 3 TDs. If I'm keeping him, it's because he's got ability as a red zone target.

Hunter over woods? I dunno - Woods and watkins are a nice pair. I'd like to see us bring in a slot guy - Maybe a victor cruz or Amendola (im assuming they are cap casualties) for cheap. Or draft someone who likes to play out of the slot in the middle rounds.

It's a cap contribution issue. The fact that Watkins will command top dollar starting in 2017 with his option year precludes them from spending the $8M-$10M AAV on Woods--too much money for your #2 WR (and like it or not, when Sammy is healthy, Woods is the 2nd option).

To me, Hunter is a guy that can be productive in the red zone when called upon, and there's value in that. I'm in favor of drafting a Corey Davis type and re-signing Salas.

A depth chart that reads Watkins-Davis-Powell-Salas-Hunter-Listenbee would be absolutely fine IMO

In most cases, i feel like these 2nd contracts are too high.

But in the case of Woods, he deserves what he'll end up with. Hes done everything thats been asked of him (blocking, playing through injuries, etc) and would have put up bigger numbers elsewhere. Not flashy, but consistently tough and reliable.

That's especially true for guys that were #2 receivers, though you do occasionally see guys like Marvin Jones (and, oddly, Golden Tate before him) live up to the dollar value.

That's especially true for guys that were #2 receivers, though you do occasionally see guys like Marvin Jones (and, oddly, Golden Tate before him) live up to the dollar value.

and lets be frank, the cap has gone THROUGH THE ROOF the last 5-10 years, all while shifting a lot of money out of the rookie hands. Of course the 2nd contracts are going to look a bit goofy on the dollars.

That's still one guy too thin IMO. Those guys aren't good. If Watkins and Corey Davis (as an example) are your top 2 I think that your #3 is missing. I used Goodwin & Harvin (cheap) as the next 2. Maybe it's one of them and then Hunter, Powell and Listenbee (or 2 of them). That just feels much better to me. Substitute another inexpensive vet if you will buy if you lose Woods, Harvin, Goodwin and Salas I'm not comfortable replacing them with just Corey Davis.

When Marvin Jones got $8M/year and Tavon Austin got $10M/year, I figured Woods was probably in that range as well.

And that means he's a goner.

If this team intends to pay Sammy what he'll want in 2 years time (and I have no reason to suspect that they won't), they can't pay Woods what he'll want now.

This.