Norv Turner resigns.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schefter was on his weekly radio spot here and he said he definitely wasn't fired, he quit because he didn't think he needed to deal with the disagreements in offensive philosophy anymore. Basically he said it had been building up for weeks (disagreement on the offense) with the staff and he basically said forget it. He didn't retire, no health issue, he straight up resigned. And Zimmer was not happy about it at all.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Schefter was on his weekly radio spot here and he said he definitely wasn't fired, he quit because he didn't think he needed to deal with the disagreements in offensive philosophy anymore. Basically he said it had been building up for weeks (disagreement on the offense) with the staff and he basically said forget it. He didn't retire, no health issue, he straight up resigned. And Zimmer was not happy about it at all.

Wow...can you imagine if that was a coach in Buffalo?

this is just Zimmer saying "your fired, but if you want to announce as a resignation, we okay with that" is it not?

3rd OC to go, and while i am not Rex fan, Rex was the only one to take big time chit over it.

It was also 15 days into the season and following a high scoring game where the defense imploded. I know you see the difference.

Yep - these are real people with real egos. But, I applaud Norv for sticking to his convictions and not worrying about pissing anybody off. Nice to see this today in the PC world we live in!

Wait, aren't the people who talk about how pc everything got, supposed to be all about personal responsibility and standing behind one's commitments? I'm probably taking the bait on this one...

Wait, aren't the people who talk about how pc everything got, supposed to be all about personal responsibility and standing behind one's commitments? I'm probably taking the bait on this one...

I quit plenty of jobs as a teenager. Guess I just wasn't having none of this PC crap!

It obviously had nothing to be with me not taking personal responsibilty at the time...

"The world has become too PC" are worse than PC things they complain about.

And the fact that Turner made noodle arms like Bradford and Bridgewater look ok behind a garbage o line shows how good is. I can't believe Pat S was once a head coach.

And the fact that Turner made noodle arms like Bradford and Bridgewater look ok behind a garbage o line shows how good is. I can't believe Pat S was once a head coach.

In 2015, he had the worst pass protecting line in the entire NFL and dialled up a league-high number of seven-step drops. Norv deserves every last bit of criticism he's been getting for what that offense has become.

I still believe that Norv is a good offensive mind but his failure to adapt to his personnel was a huge part of him being shown the door.

Edited by Blokestradamus

In 2015, he had the worst pass protecting line in the entire NFL and dialled up a league-high number of seven-step drops. Norv deserves every last bit of criticism he's been getting for what that offense has become.

I still believe that Norv is a good offensive mind but his failure to adapt to his personnel was a huge part of him being shown the door.

He wasn't.