Norv Turner resigns.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that doesn't make sense.

From what I've heard, Zimmer was getting sick of clashing factions between Turner and the relationship between Shurmur and Sam Bradford.

Shurmur wanted more input, Turner didn't like it. When it became obvious that Turner wasn't for changing, Zimmer stepped in and tried to get them on the same page. Norv decided he was doing more harm than good and resigned. Zimmer didn't force him out but it certainly sounds like Shurmur wasn't making it easy for him to stay.

It might be completely wrong but I've not seen the person I got it from be wrong often.

From what I've heard, Zimmer was getting sick of clashing factions between Turner and the relationship between Shurmur and Sam Bradford.

Shurmur wanted more input, Turner didn't like it. When it became obvious that Turner wasn't for changing, Zimmer stepped in and tried to get them on the same page. Norv decided he was doing more harm than good and resigned. Zimmer didn't force him out but it certainly sounds like Shurmur wasn't making it easy for him to stay.

It might be completely wrong but I've not seen the person I got it from be wrong often.

You said you heard he was "shown the door". Someone responded and said "he wasn't". You said "you're hearing the contrary from a source that's never wrong."

That's not what you describe above. In fact you just said "Zimmer didn't force him out."

This is kind of what I mean by you contradict yourself a lot.

This is what was reported a few days ago. Turner had grown tired of dealing with Shumur and his boy Bradford, so he left.

That's not like being shown the door. That's a guy saying "F this. Im out of here".

You said you heard he was "shown the door". Someone responded and said "he wasn't". You said "you're hearing the contrary from a source that's never wrong."

That's not what you describe above. In fact you just said "Zimmer didn't force him out."

This is kind of what I mean by you contradict yourself a lot.

Solely by asking an experienced coach like Norv to take other advice on board, Zimmer knew it would alienate him. Zimmer didn't want to get rid of him by any means but he knew that it would essentially be to the detriment of their long-term relationship by trying to get Shurmur involved. Zimmer didn't force him out and that's true. He just took steps for his team that he thought was best and it would undoubtedly piss Norv off.

I don't think Zimmer expected him to resign but it wasn't the first time they tried to get Norv to be flexible. After the 2015 season, there was frustration from some about his inability to adapt to the fact that Teddy was getting pummeled every other pass play. More frustration came from within the front office when guys like Adam Thielen were getting snaps over LaQuon Treadwell.

As soon as Teddy got hurt and Bradford came in, it was pretty much certain that Norv was gone at the end of 2016. Teddy won't be able to play in 2017 and Shurmur is the Bradford whisperer. If the organisation didn't show him the door, they certainly opened it for him and told him that they had a backup plan while giving him several nudges to walk through it.

Edited by Blokestradamus