Norv Turner resigns.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Stunner: Vikings' OC Norv has resigned, league sources tell ESPN. http://es.pn/2edKlIz

0 replies 126 retweets 48 likes

Probably felt horrible about bringing down that terrific defense.

I for one am very disappointed with the way the Vikes have played recently. I was really hoping to see some legit challenger to the Cowboys. In reality it should have been expected because it looks like Sam Bradford is back to playing

like Sam Bradford. The Vikings O line being subpar with a guy like Bradford at QB is an awful recipe for success. I really can't blame this on Turner. Bradford has never been a good QB, and without the AP of old the Vikings don't have much on offense.

Yikes, hope he's ok

@albertbreer

Vikings announce that Norv Turner has resigned as offensive coordinator (as @AdamSchefter said). TEs coach Pat Shurmur takes over. Stunner.

Shurm! As a Stefon Diggs fantasy owner this is encouraging. He hates to run the ball.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@tompelissero

Lot of #Vikings players loved Norv. But there was sense months ago this might be his last year. Shurmur was key voice in Bradford trade.

Interesting fact that I didn't know. I get the feeling that a lot of other people would have felt that Shaun Hill isn't that much of a downgrade from what you'd get from Bradford.

Interesting fact that I didn't know. I get the feeling that a lot of other people would have felt that Shaun Hill isn't that much of a downgrade from what you'd get from Bradford.

Schurmer had Bradford in STL as HC and then again in Philly as his OC. I think he feels like he can get the most out of him. The OL situation, though, is still going to be an issue going forward, especially for a non-mobile QB. You may be seeing Hill regardless if Bradford isn't protected. Edited by YoloinOhio

@Edwerderespn

Norv Turner surprised Mike Zimmer with resignation, told me, "I think it's just we have different views on where the offense was going."

No wonder Norv and Zimmer couldn't see eye to eye.

@VikingUpdate

Mike Zimmer had surgery yesterday to repair a retina. Said it needed to be taken care of. #Vikings

CwRQle3VUAAWTpx.jpg

@tompelissero

Sam Bradford says he was surprised by Norv's resignation. Had just been talking to him at facility yesterday, sensed nothing askew.

Bradford says he found out Norv resigned from his wife, who got an alert on her phone. Hasn't talked to him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

this is just Zimmer saying "your fired, but if you want to announce as a resignation, we okay with that" is it not?

3rd OC to go, and while i am not Rex fan, Rex was the only one to take big time chit over it.

well, rex stated he would be the first to take the fall for his team, yet the OC went. not to mention it was after an 0-2 start, and very poor defensive play. context is everything.

Edited by 87168