OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

Trade Gilmore right now for Romo.

+1

TT is a good overall thrower, takes care of the ball and has the amazing mobility to produce yards or move the chains. I know he will never be a pure pocket passer but there are things he will never overcome to become the long term solution a team needs.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same point as last week. This is not about saying Tyrod was to blame for the defeat. Tyrod Taylor isn't going to do anything to lose you a game.... he just rarely is going to do enough to win you one.

That's exactly the issue. We got drawn into a shootout and we were firing blanks. Obviously, the supporting cast doesn't help but I frankly don't care from an evaluation standpoint.

If he makes every throw and they're all dropped or contested because the WR can't get open, fine. That's not the case, he's still missing routine throws.

That's exactly the issue. We got drawn into a shootout and we were firing blanks. Obviously, the supporting cast doesn't help but I frankly don't care from an evaluation standpoint.

If he makes every throw and they're all dropped or contested because the WR can't get open, fine. That's not the case, he's still missing routine throws.

I will say in his defense we had a couple good deep balls draw PI. He does miss plenty of routine throws. We should have been ground and pounding a lot more early on. Run game was moving the ball and controlling clock. Ended up giving Brady opportunity to hang 14 on us realy quick and it snowballs from there.

Why are there so few plays for the BIlls that involve a QUICK pass? I see TT standing like a statue surveying the field too often. I almost never see a designed play to a quick slant or pass to the outside. Those plays are becoming the bread and butter of several teams these days. Are the Bills just not adapting to the times? Does TT have slow eyes? Is he too scared to throw the quick pass because it's a timing throw to a spot rather than leading a receiver?

With your wait and see approach... will you ever see a game that qualifies for judgement?

I think he's, rightly, saying he wants to judge him based on more than one or two games. Granted, I think we've seen enough at this point to know what we've got. That's an inaccurate passer with slow decision making who bails from the pocket instead of stepping up into it who also has a good deep ball and unbelievable wheels.

The highlight plays seem to be enough for some people.

Is there anyone left who thinks he can be The Guy after today's game?

If so, based on what evidence?

HELL NO. How anyone still defends him defies logic. Great running QB. Terrible overall QB. This team will NOT smell the playoffs until they have a franchise QB. I'm not wrong. Have you watched the previous 16 seasons???

Why are there so few plays for the BIlls that involve a QUICK pass? I see TT standing like a statue surveying the field too often. I almost never see a designed play to a quick slant or pass to the outside. Those plays are becoming the bread and butter of several teams these days. Are the Bills just not adapting to the times? Does TT have slow eyes? Is he too scared to throw the quick pass because it's a timing throw to a spot rather than leading a receiver?

I think that is one of his many flaws, throwing with anticipation.

Same point as last week. This is not about saying Tyrod was to blame for the defeat. Tyrod Taylor isn't going to do anything to lose you a game.... he just rarely is going to do enough to win you one.

Also, a bunch of 3 and outs don't help the defense, either.

We can criticize the defense AND the offense.

I will say in his defense we had a couple good deep balls draw PI. He does miss plenty of routine throws. We should have been ground and pounding a lot more early on. Run game was moving the ball and controlling clock. Ended up giving Brady opportunity to hang 14 on us realy quick and it snowballs from there.

The past couple of games, I don't think Anthony Lynn has helped him out a lot. The run game was productive enough to keep us ticking along but they got away from it too readily.

This is a season-long evaluation process so I'm not reaching any definitive takes just yet. Just that his arrow isn't pointing up.

I think that is one of his many flaws, throwing with anticipation.

He also doesn't trust his pre snap reads. I said it in the game thread but how many times have we seen TT plant his foot at the end of his drop back and fire the ball? Not many, if any.

He finishes he drop back, stands there for a second, freaks out if anybody is around him and looks for an escape route with his legs.

Unless Jones pans out we do NOT have a starting QB on this roster.

I don't like the Defense or coaching either.

I don't want to believe this but I do.

My concern is Rex gets a pass because of injuries/ ownership frugality but even if we had Belichek TT is not going to get it done.

QB is only one of the many problems with the Bills.😟

The problem with Tyrod is the same problem with the entire team... There's no discernable progress from year to year. We get a little good here, a little bad there, a glimmer of hope this way, then nothing. Maybe its coaching? Maybe its the players? Maybe its a cursed stadium? I don't really know nor do I care anymore, I just want to one day watch a professional football team wear the Bills uniform again.