27.5 Million

MAJBobby

Always an excuse

The other part is if the option is Picked up you are married to him for 2017 and 2018.

15.5 million Option Bonus, $12 million base salary become fully guaranteed on the 3rd league day of 2017

$13M 2018 salary becomes fully guaranteed on the 3rd league day of 2017

So thats actually 40.5M guaranteed on the 3rd day of league new year with 27.5M paid

With amortization of the bonus when paid you weren't cutting him after one year anyway. Between the acceleration of that and his signing it's a 2 year commitment at least before cutting... so on a practical level year twos salary being guaranteed shouldn't much change your thoughts

Explain to me HOW you can restructure a contract without picking up an option?

Also once option is picked up 40.5M is guaranteed. Taylor is NOT just saying ooo take my guaranteed money lol

They can convert his 12M base into a signing bonus to spread the hit out and lower cap (marries them even more to Taylor)

But you are delusuonal if you think Taylor is not getting the 40.5M in 2017 and 2018 once the option is picked up

You would do it before but only succeed if he's played poorly enough to not see similar on the open market. As the lowest paid vet starter...THAT would be a tough one to sell to him on if you are keeping him at starter

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the cash payout dye Tyrod on the 3rd day of next league year.

When this rush contract for PR was done and it didnt need to be the pressure came on.

I would be fine with Tyrods play this year if there wasnt a 27.5M cash payout and long term tie to him due 3 days after new year.

But their is, and that makes his lack of development as a passer that much more intesified, and why posters like me have been very critical of him as a passer, because of this contract that did not need to be done.

How many times are you going to post the same drivel? This has been mentioned ad nauseam already and everytime its incorrectly posted.

Definitely overpaid for him.

1. His offensive weapons don't exist . Ex. No Sammy, Shady, or big receivers
  2. Mediocre O-Line.
  3. His accuracy has plummeted this year for mid to long range throws.
  4. WR depth is bad.

Agree with everything...but not that....This OL has played really well through the season except for yesterday's game when the Dolphins line took over in the 4th quarter. Tyrod had enough time to make plays....but he was off balance.

People have unrealistic expectations for Taylor.

He was apparently supposed to put up 30 points when the OLine was getting destroyed up front, there was no running game, his wide receivers were Marquise Goodwin, Justin Hunter, Reggie Bush and Walter Powell, and his OC was coordinating his fifth game of his career.

You're not going to find many (if any) quarterbacks capable of pulling that off.

Then why did we commit to this contract We should have kept him at his current salary for 2016, pay him the franchise tag for 2017 and then make a decision thereafter. Instead, we have now boxed ourselves in and have to pay him huge money going forward for basically a game manager who can run a little, but also has a high propensity for getting injured. We should not pick up that option and find someone out there who can do that until we find someone else who can justify a $20MM+ salary. We will never be more than an 8-8, 7-9 team with TT..............

Then why did we commit to this contract We should have kept him at his current salary for 2016, pay him the franchise tag for 2017 and then make a decision thereafter. Instead, we have now boxed ourselves in and have to pay him huge money going forward for basically a game manager who can run a little, but also has a high propensity for getting injured. We should not pick up that option and find someone out there who can do that until we find someone else who can justify a $20MM+ salary. We will never be more than an 8-8, 7-9 team with TT..............

I was generally pro that option but with the qb tag at 20m, we took a shot signing him at a cheap rate by giving him some potential longer term commitment (and still got a year 1 out).

The situation hasn't played out perfect but on a calculated risk vs reward it was pretty reasonable

I didn't think it was that bad when i looked at it on here: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor-7899/

We paid out a bunch of the money this year to keep the guarantees lower the rest of the way. And the cap hits are pretty reasonable honestly. Solid solution for the next 2 years. Which is enough time for Rex/Whaley to see if they can break this playoff curse.

Edited by dneveu

That is the cash payout dye Tyrod on the 3rd day of next league year.

When this rush contract for PR was done and it didnt need to be the pressure came on.

I would be fine with Tyrods play this year if there wasnt a 27.5M cash payout and long term tie to him due 3 days after new year.

But their is, and that makes his lack of development as a passer that much more intesified, and why posters like me have been very critical of him as a passer, because of this contract that did not need to be done.

Frankly, your obsession and dislike if TT is getting tiresome. You keep hammering this point in different ways, hijack threads and keep trying to make everything about TT. And please don't go on your 'but am I wrong' angle. If you haven't been warned get, you should be

Edited by Fan in Chicago

People have unrealistic expectations for Taylor.

He was apparently supposed to put up 30 points when the OLine was getting destroyed up front, there was no running game, his wide receivers were Marquise Goodwin, Justin Hunter, Reggie Bush and Walter Powell, and his OC was coordinating his fifth game of his career.

You're not going to find many (if any) quarterbacks capable of pulling that off.

Ok what expectations should i have for this QB. that has a 27.5M decision, that locked this team to him for at least 2017, 2018.

Ok what expectations should i have for this QB. that has a 27.5M decision, that locked this team to him for at least 2017, 2018.

I would keep him if I were GM. Releasing him means I don't have a QB, and will either have to use a ton of draft capital to get one, or will be starting Cardale. If the team bottom's out - I will get fired.

I don't want to get fired, therefore I will keep him.

Frankly, your obsession and dislike if TT is getting tiresome. You keep hammering this point in different ways, hijack threads and keep trying to make everything about TT. And please don't go on your 'but am I wrong' angle. If you haven't been warned get, you should be

Whats the issue in Tyrod Taylor threads i talk taylor. I made this thread about a contract and why now everything about Tyrod gets amplified

Whats the issue in Tyrod Taylor threads i talk taylor. I made this thread about a contract and why now everything about Tyrod gets amplified

In regard to TT, you are like "Rainman". Except without the "savant" part of that diagnosis....

It kind of flipped. Our line used to the ones to terrorize Tannehill, I seriously believe he feared us. That running game let him settle down and just make the passes he needed to.

We need Dareus back.

Mario Williams had some of his very best games as a Bill, against Tannehill. The Dolphins O-line dominated our D-line... and our O-line wasn't up to the task against their D line..plain and simple...dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball..not a winning formula.

And you are a typical he is the best of all the trash we have put in the position so we cannot critique him fan

I don't think this statement is true at all. I think the problem many have with you and the clear crusade you have against TT is the minute someone challenges you on where do we go if we let TT walk you have some insult for those people asking valid questions, or you throw out " oh look more excuses"

I have yet to see anyone saying with 1000% certainty that TT is 100% the greatest QB we've seen. However the question is simple. Do we cut him and if we do what's the answer at QB? Do we hope to draft someone that turns out to be great while everyone around him gets older and breaks down more, or do we keep the guy who has been ok to decent ( not good or great) until we can get the guy that can be our future QB?

No one is saying he's above critique. You don't like him, that's quite clear. Can you provide us with a solid plan for next year and beyond if they let him walk?

Your critiques are a borderline obsession and your opinion about the Bills performance almost always circles back to TT. This is a crusade, plain and simple. I am NOT going to get sucked into discussing the pros and cons of TT's game with you. I normally don't call out posters but continued unnatural focus on TT brought on these posts from me