27.5 Million

MAJBobby

Your critiques are a borderline obsession and your opinion about the Bills performance almost always circles back to TT. This is a crusade, plain and simple. I am NOT going to get sucked into discussing the pros and cons of TT's game with you. I normally don't call out posters but continued unnatural focus on TT brought on these posts from me

So what is a crusade?

When I post about Taylor in Tyrod Taylors threads? How many Threads have I made about TT? This thread was less about TT and more about the contract and what it brings to the table on how people look at TT play.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is a crusade?

When I post about Taylor in Tyrod Taylors threads? How many Threads have I made about TT? This thread was less about TT and more about the contract and what it brings to the table on how people look at TT play.

46094975.jpg

So what is a crusade?

You complain about Tyrod in every thread, no matter the topic. Then you have a "QB Watchlist" that lists a bunch of inaccurate, inconsistent, run first QB's as his replacement? Watson, Kizer and Kaaya are all Tyrod clones without the NFL experience and turn the ball over much more.

You complain about Tyrod in every thread, no matter the topic. Then you have a "QB Watchlist" that lists a bunch of inaccurate, inconsistent, run first QB's as his replacement? Watson, Kizer and Kaaya are all Tyrod clones without the NFL experience and turn the ball over much more.

Find me ONE thread I complained about Tyrod in another thread that wasn't about him, or the offense.

Hmm. Not sure I'd describe Kizer as a run first QB - I'm not a huge fan think there is a lot there still needs working out but he is not run first. Kaaya definitely isn't run first.

I'm not a huge fan at this stage of either but this annual "we better ride with Tyrod because who else could we possibly find?" was the attitude that left us with Fitz for 3 and a half years and then no plan when we reached the end with him and reaching for EJ. We picked Cardale last year - he is a wildcard he could have something - we better pick another Quarterback earlyish this year too.

That is the cash payout dye Tyrod on the 3rd day of next league year.

When this rush contract for PR was done and it didnt need to be the pressure came on.

I would be fine with Tyrods play this year if there wasnt a 27.5M cash payout and long term tie to him due 3 days after new year.

But their is, and that makes his lack of development as a passer that much more intesified, and why posters like me have been very critical of him as a passer, because of this contract that did not need to be done.

This is the same over reaction that Jeremy has had on WGR.

First, there is no obligation for the Bills to pay the $27.5 million if TT does not deserve it.

Second, the Bills and TT can always re-negotiate this amount and his contract short of cutting him if he does not deserve this amount.

I suspect that this will be renegotiated and the amount will come down.

First, there is no obligation for the Bills to pay the $27.5 million if TT does not deserve it.

Second, the Bills and TT can always re-negotiate this amount and his contract short of cutting him if he does not deserve this amount.

id doubt it comes down drastically - id venture that more likely would be some shifting and adjusting of guarantees if anything. despite the 27.5m looking like a big scary number for elite qb play, the deal does average out cheaply. if those dollars shift around a little bit TT could get the same pay long term without most complaining about the rate, but give up a little long term security.

As I have pointed out and said.

Why does Taylor give back 40.5M guaranteed after the option is picked up (only time you can renegotiate it)?

As I have pointed out and said.

Why does Taylor give back 40.5M guaranteed after the option is picked up (only time you can renegotiate it)?

that last bit isnt true as far as i know

if the pay date is after the start of the new year we could work out the details in feb, and ink it in those first 3 days.

Edited by NoSaint

that last bit isnt true as far as i know

if the pay date is after the start of the new year we could work out the details in feb, and ink it in those first 3 days.

You can only work on a Contract ONCE in a league year. So in order for them to do anything with Tyrods contract it will have to be done after they pick up the option which then turns 40.5M in the next two years to guaranteed. So why would Taylor do that?

Now you could NOT pick up the option and hope to sign him cheaper on the open market

You can only work on a Contract ONCE in a league year. So in order for them to do anything with Tyrods contract it will have to be done after they pick up the option which then turns 40.5M in the next two years to guaranteed. So why would Taylor do that?

Now you could NOT pick up the option and hope to sign him cheaper on the open market

what day do they have to pick up the option though? isnt it usually the act of paying the bonus? which isnt in the original league year.

Cap Number is all that matters anymore. 4th or 5th wealthiest owner in NFL.

Tyrod has a lower tier starting QB cap number. And he is easily cuttable starting in 2018. Even though we need a QB long term, I feel I like he is here to stay for a few years.

he really wouldnt be cuttable until 2019. with the signing bonus, option bonus and guaranteed salary -- cutting him in 2018 would be 25-30m in dead money.

like ive been saying, taking the bonus isnt scary pay wise, but does tie us to him for 2-3 seasons once paid.

Find me ONE thread I complained about Tyrod in another thread that wasn't about him, or the offense.

Your assinine posts in the game day thread was solely focused on TT.

Everyone here knows your idiotic crusade against TT. Maybe start up a blog on how much you hate him on another site with your stupid musings and leave us alone. We're all ****ing tired of your crappy posts.

Who cares about the money? Pegs can drill another well....

I think the question becomes does TT make us a better team than a journeyman QB? It all comes down the the +/-'s. TT won't turn the ball over, but will not make very many plays other than an occasional deep bomb and slipping away from a sack while running for a decent gain. A journeyman will have more INTs, and take those sacks, but most likely will spread the ball around to all the WRs, TEs and RBs. In the end I think it is a push and we end up as 7-9 to 9-7 team either way...That is just where our offense talent is

Edited by Reed83HOF

Your assinine posts in the game day thread was solely focused on TT.

Everyone here knows your idiotic crusade against TT. Maybe start up a blog on how much you hate him on another site with your stupid musings and leave us alone. We're all ****ing tired of your crappy posts.

You can ignore me as well it is really simple

he really wouldnt be cuttable until 2019. with the signing bonus, option bonus and guaranteed salary -- cutting him in 2018 would be 25-30m in dead money.

like ive been saying, taking the bonus isnt scary pay wise, but does tie us to him for 2-3 seasons once paid.

I meant after 2018 season so I think we are talking about the same thing

I meant after 2018 season so I think we are talking about the same thing

indeed we are then!

yea, i havent parsed out the dollars and cents on 2019 but itd just be 3/5 of the option bonus and 2/5 of the signing (so like 10m dead, shooting from the hip here), unless some more salary becomes guaranteed along the way.

YES!!

And you're lucky if you have one in 10 years.

When was the last time Cleveland had a franchise QB, Tampa before Winston, and who knows if he'll pan out, Jets. Three weeks ago, people in Miami were suggesting the fish should trade for Cutler to replace Tanerhill. Daulton is another one they are ready to run out of town half the time. Can add Chicago to this list of teams gone more than 10 years, Oakland, (may have their guy now) Washington, Tenn (may have their guy now) but took them a long time. Houston is still a merry-go round and their latest $80 mil pickup is questionable, Denver got two good years out of Manning, but right now they may not be in any better shape than Buffalo.

People make it sound like all the Bills need to do is decide to go and get a franchise QB and the problem is solved. More than half the teams in the league can't find one and about 1/2 of those with one was more the result of dumb luck than anything i.e. Brady, Romo.

You can "suck for Luck" but if it's not the right year, may just as easily end up with a Ryan Leif or a guy like Russell from Oakland.

So before you run TT out of town, decide what the answer is instead that you think may be better.

Are you telling me it takes 10 years to get a good QB? No the Bills just played their cards WRONG.