27.5 Million

MAJBobby

That is the cash payout dye Tyrod on the 3rd day of next league year.

When this rush contract for PR was done and it didnt need to be the pressure came on.

I would be fine with Tyrods play this year if there wasnt a 27.5M cash payout and long term tie to him due 3 days after new year.

But their is, and that makes his lack of development as a passer that much more intesified, and why posters like me have been very critical of him as a passer, because of this contract that did not need to be done.

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, and then we get him cash cheap for a few years after.

As explained in like 14 threads the actual cash number means little beyond the amortization meaning we will not be able to cut him for a couple years (and in the mean time it'll average out to the cheapest starter deal in the league so it isn't the end of the world if he's a backup for part of it if he flops and we find better)

Edited by NoSaint

As explained in like 14 threads the actual cash number means little beyond the amortization meaning we will not be able to cut him for a couple years (and in the mean time it'll average out to the cheapest starter deal in the league so it isn't the end of the world if he's a backup for part of it if he flops and we find better)

Keep him + draft a QB

I'm always against downgrading at quarterback when it is not necessary. Self inflicted wound

But 27.5!!!!

It's not ideal but it's not near as dramatic as he's making it

Yeah, I agree. I thought it was a very reasonable contract for a starting QB. He even gave us an out. If he was lighting it up this year, and we didn't lock him up, the fans would be going "Whaley asleep at the wheel, now we have to pay top dollar for Tyrod"

Edited by What a Tuel

Definitely overpaid for him.

1. His offensive weapons don't exist . Ex. No Sammy, Shady, or big receivers
  2. Mediocre O-Line.
  3. His accuracy has plummeted this year for mid to long range throws.
  4. WR depth is bad.

This equates to him not being able to have a stellar offense behind him. Sammy was the guy we traded up to get and has yet to perform huge for us at all, just some flashy catches.

Injuries are too familiar to Bills fans & players, which always hinders us at some point in a season.

We've spent too much time on QB's NOT to have a franchise QB and that's the frustrating part. I mean look at the QBs we've had the last decade. Are you telling me it takes 10 years to get a good QB? No the Bills just played their cards WRONG.

Don't get me wrong TT has wheels, has decent arm power/accuracy & a decent QB, but not a 28m QB.

Edited by gr8billsfan

This thread = reaching for reasons to blame Tyrod for the OL's ****ty performance.

It kind of flipped. Our line used to the ones to terrorize Tannehill, I seriously believe he feared us. That running game let him settle down and just make the passes he needed to.

We need Dareus back.

Edited by What a Tuel

It kind of flipped. Our line used to the ones to terrorize Tannehill, I seriously believe he feared us. That running game let him settle down and just make the passes he needed to.

We need Dareus back.

We were supposed to build a bully and we got bullied. Feels bad man.

This thread = reaching for reasons to blame Tyrod for the OL's ****ty performance.

Always an excuse

The other part is if the option is Picked up you are married to him for 2017 and 2018.

15.5 million Option Bonus, $12 million base salary become fully guaranteed on the 3rd league day of 2017

$13M 2018 salary becomes fully guaranteed on the 3rd league day of 2017

So thats actually 40.5M guaranteed on the 3rd day of league new year with 27.5M paid

Edited by MAJBobby

That is the cash payout dye Tyrod on the 3rd day of next league year.

When this rush contract for PR was done and it didnt need to be the pressure came on.

I would be fine with Tyrods play this year if there wasnt a 27.5M cash payout and long term tie to him due 3 days after new year.

But their is, and that makes his lack of development as a passer that much more intesified, and why posters like me have been very critical of him as a passer, because of this contract that did not need to be done.

You do know even if he played well that contract was never going to stand. But poster like yourself aren't smart enough to know that.

You do know even if he played well that contract was never going to stand. But poster like yourself aren't smart enough to know that.

Arnt smart enough really. They cant do anything about the contract either pick up option or dont.

Cant renegotiate it before the option is picked up. So again that it 40.5M guaranteed money on the third day of the 2017 league year or roughly March 7th 2017

Arnt smart enough really. They cant do anything about the contract either pick up option or dont.

Cant renegotiate it before the option is picked up. So again that it 40.5M guaranteed money on the third day of the 2017 league year or roughly March 7th 2017

That is what they were always going to do... What in the world made you think anything else?

The Bills put themselves in a win/win situation, if Tyrod plays well renegotiate his contract, if he plays badly either renegotiate his contract or cut him with no problems.

That is what they were always going to do... What in the world made you think anything else?

The Bills put themselves in a win/win situation, if Tyrod plays well renegotiate his contract, if he plays badly either renegotiate his contract or cut him with no problems.

They cant touch that contract until they pick up the option.

So again 3rd day they make a choice to give 40.5M in guaranteed money

Either way point remains, this contract put a microscope on Taylors lack of development as a thrower

Edited by MAJBobby

No i am not. Cant touch a contract twice in same league year.

That is why Clay had to wait a year before touching his.

They cannot touch Taylors contract unless they pick up his option

The contract doesn't get much better for the Bills. I wish you could understand, maybe go look up some articles and close this thread until you know the details of the contract. If he plays poorly the Bills don't need to pay him... If he play well the Bills will restructure his contract to fit the cap needs... This isn't rocket science and it isn't that hard to understand.

The contract doesn't get much better for the Bills. I wish you could understand, maybe go look up some articles and close this thread until you know the details of the contract. If he plays poorly the Bills don't need to pay him... If he play well the Bills will restructure his contract to fit the cap needs... This isn't rocket science and it isn't that hard to understand.

I know how the contract works there tough guy.

3rd day on new year they have to make a decision that will guarantee 40.5M over next two years. (After picking up option can they redo it? Yes but that typically means more guaranteed money up front or coverting Salary into a Bonus).

Or they walk away.

Point remains it is because of this contract (that didnt need to happen by the way did it?) That people rightfully are putting Taylors lack of passing development under a microscope.

I know how the contract works there tough guy.

3rd day on new year they have to make a decision that will guarantee 40.5M over next two years. (After picking up option can they redo it? Yes but that typically means more guaranteed money up front or coverting Salary into a Bonus).

Or they walk away.

Point remains it is because of this contract (that didnt need to happen by the way did it?) That people rightfully are putting Taylors lack of passing development under a microscope.

So you don't know what restructuring is?

Maybe we should change this into a thread about EJ...

Why are you worried anyway the way Taylor is playing we won't need him on the team next year.