27.5 Million

MAJBobby

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But he's not a .500 QB so theres that. Keep crusading.

Dont like my thread can leave it. Because two date i have yet to hear crusading or a warning given by anyone that matters. Just a group of fans that dont like to hear criticism of Taylor

Again excuse after excuse for a guy that has been in the league 5 years snd has not developed on bit as a passer from college.

And we have to accept ot because people like.you say well he is the best out of all the trash we ever put there.

Bills fans always accepting AVG

Edited by MAJBobby

I knew i would see an Alex Smith post. Not going to win a championship with Alex Smith either.

hes like 3rd in the league in wins since he hit his stride a few years back. with a very good team and some lucky bounces it wouldnt be impossible. but it wouldnt be the brady-esque in contention every year situation (even with a great team)

hes like 3rd in the league in wins since he hit his stride a few years back. with a very good team and some lucky bounces it wouldnt be impossible. but it wouldnt be the brady-esque in contention every year situation (even with a great team)

I would actually take Alex Smith even though i dont think he is that great, he would be an upgrade at the position

And like Walsh and other QB evaluators say you know what you have arounf 19 games.

We are not good enough

This is as good a place as any to put this:

What would you say if I told you there was a starter currently in the league that is in his 5th year starting, had 1 300 yard passing game in his first 19 starts, has 6 300+ yard passing games in his 4 1/2 years in the league, and has a career average of 221 ypg?

Would you want this guy as your starter?

What about a guy who has 5 tds to 1 int this year, has led his team to an average of 19.5 ppg, and 3 times led his team to 12 or fewer points, and cost 18.2 million against the cap this year?

This guy is Russell Wilson and most everyone here would love to have him as the starter.

Tyrod may not be Wilson yet but it isn't far fetched to think he can be (the numbers aren't far off when you compare the starts of their careers) or that you can win with this type of production as evidenced by Wilson. You can win a Super Bowl even as Peyton and Wilson have demonstrated recently. Tyrod certainly has some growth to do and he can certainly be better but he isn't the worst qb in the league or even really close to it. His is a middle of the road starter and could potentially grow into much more. This hand wringing because he didn't jump in and start going stat crazy needs to stop. His record as a starter is 12-9. Watch some other games around the league and you will realize that we could be much worse off.

This is as good a place as any to put this:

What would you say if I told you there was a starter currently in the league that is in his 5th year starting, had 1 300 yard passing game in his first 19 starts, has 6 300+ yard passing games in his 4 1/2 years in the league, and has a career average of 221 ypg?

What about a guy who has 5 tds to 1 int this year, has led his team to an average of 19.5 ppg, and 3 times led his team to 12 or fewer points, and cost 18.2 million against the cap this year?

This guy is Russell Wilson and most everyone here would love to have him as the starter.

Tyrod may not be Wilson yet but it isn't far fetched to think he can be (the numbers aren't far off when you compare the starts of their careers) or that you can win with this type of production as evidenced by Wilson. You can win a Super Bowl even as Peyton and Wilson have demonstrated recently. Tyrod certainly has some growth to do and he can certainly be better but he isn't the worst qb in the league or even really close to it. His is a middle of the road starter and could potentially grow into much more. This hand wringing because he didn't jump in and start going stat crazy needs to stop. His record as a starter is 12-9. Watch some other games around the league and you will realize that we could be much worse off.

Wilson is a much more refined passer than Taylor is. Wilson actually has elevated the play of those around him. Wilson actually can anticipate routes and throw to windows.

Taylor is no means close to Wilson as a passer but lets keep the comparison because of Height, Running etc

That is not a lot. It's amazing fans don't understand these contracts by now.

It's a fair contract for a middle of the pack starting QB, in fact he would ranked 20th highest cap hit in 2017.

And Value wise is really over paid and if option is picked up ties us a flawed QB that is regressing to us until after 2018

And Value wise is really over paid and if option is picked up ties us a flawed QB that is regressing to us until after 2018

What stops us from drafting a QB while Tyrod mans the position, and then said drafted QB can eventually take his place if he proves himself worthy?

What is wrong with that?

Is your plan to cut Tyrod next year and start Cardale? Is that your plan?

What stops us from drafting a QB while Tyrod mans the position, and then said drafted QB can eventually take his place if he proves himself worthy?

What is wrong with that?

My plan is to not pick up Taylors option.

Draft a QB early, sign a Vet

I can get the same play i get from Tyrod with those options save another 13.1M in cap space to address WR2, and other holes and depth problems on this team

Wilson is a much more refined passer than Taylor is. Wilson actually has elevated the play of those around him. Wilson actually can anticipate routes and throw to windows.

Taylor is no means close to Wilson as a passer but lets keep the comparison because of Height, Running etc

So did you skip the majority of the post that included stats? Wilson is not a great passer by any stretch of the imagination. In 4 1/2 years he has 6 300 yard games. That is over the course of 70 games. Add in the playoffs and he has 8 games over 80. So 1 in 10 games he will throw for 300 yards. The comparison wasn't made because of height or running ability it was made because of their passing ability and perception. I'm sure you would love Wilson to be the QB of the Bills. Until he was.

So did you skip the majority of the post that included stats? Wilson is not a great passer by any stretch of the imagination. In 4 1/2 years he has 6 300 yard games. That is over the course of 70 games. Add in the playoffs and he has 8 games over 80. So 1 in 10 games he will throw for 300 yards. The comparison wasn't made because of height or running ability it was made because of their passing ability and perception. I'm sure you would love Wilson to be the QB of the Bills. Until he was.

Do you actually watch Wilson play QB or use stats. Not one post i have ever made about Taylors play did i say i need to see 300 yard games from him.

It is always the actual fact of playing QB and throwing on time, accurately, with anticipation.

I am not here to defend the OP because I don't agree with everything he says but for my part - I don't think that should be totally dismissed as an option. Tyrod hasn't shown me enough yet to make that idea laughable to me. Do I want to be there? No I want Tyrod to show me what I still need to see, but I am not dead set against it.

Before people rail against me 1 year ago wouldn't you have said "Is your plan to release Manning and Osweiler and start Siemian? Is that your plan?"

I just don't think it is as simple as Tyrod being the only show in town. If he doesn't show enough there ARE options. Some might not like them but they do exist.

I can get the same play i get from Tyrod with those options save another 13.1M in cap space to address WR2, and other holes and depth problems on this team

Great, but why is this a discussion now? Did the Bills make their decision already? Or did they set it up so they had a full training camp and regular season to evaluate what to do when the time comes, namely the 2017 offseason? The Bills brass may decide on the path you mentioned when the 2016 season is said and done.

Good thing we have Cardale Jones under contract so its a non issue.

But by all means, "invest" in Cardale Jones, by presumably throwing him into the pool because he will either sink or swim right? That's worked out real well in the past.

Meanwhile get rid of the best QB on the roster without replacing him with someone as good or better.

The job is Tyrod's until someone takes it from him. Until then, he is and should be our starting QB.

Yeah obviously your definition of invest means to start him right away. No I'm saying TT is the best QB on the roster, but look at Carson Wentz!! enough said. By investing in Cardale, i simply mean we give him a shot this offseason to compete for QB2 or 1, no joke, get rid of EJ if anything.

Is Alex Smith a franchise QB for KC? How much does he get paid? TT put up the same numbers last season in 2 fewer games. Look at their numbers this season. TT has very similar numbers.

People talking about Cardale. This board has lost its mind

Alex Smith QB Accuracy 67%. Due 16 mill in 2017. 4-year 68million = 17mill/year.

Tyrod Taylor QB Accuracy 60%. Due 27.5 mil in 2017. 6-year 95million = 16mill/year. "If he stayed all 6 he'd make $112mill according to Rappoport." https://goo.gl/ICL45U

Keep in mind Both Qb's dont exactly have stellar receivers. Jeremy Maclin hasn't done much in KC, either has Sammy. Just think for the price, we could afford someone better. Who? Idk that's Doug Whaley's job.

Do you actually watch Wilson play QB or use stats. Not one post i have ever made about Taylors play did i say i need to see 300 yard games from him.

It is always the actual fact of playing QB and throwing on time, accurately, with anticipation.

Yes I watch quite of it of him but I don't think we see the same passer. I see a passer much like Tyrod that extends plays with his feet and gives his wrs a chance to get open. He can catch fire and he can make great throws but it isn't the norm. He doesn't carry the team with his passing. These are the things that lead me to make the comparison.

I don't disagree that the Bills should be looking to improve the position but I do disagree that the book is written on Tyrod. I think he has room to grow as he has only started 21 games during which he has gone 12-9. I would like to see more and haven't made up my mind yet. This decision doesn't need to be made for at least 9 more games and the picture should be much clearer by then. This talk is just as premature as playoff talk imo.

Russell Wilson got $60 million guaranteed. Taylor would be getting $37 million.

Let's forget about the contract. Tyrod Taylor is our QB until someone takes his job.

We can draft a 1st round QB. His contract is very team friendly.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I am not here to defend the OP because I don't agree with everything he says but for my part - I don't think that should be totally dismissed as an option. Tyrod hasn't shown me enough yet to make that idea laughable to me. Do I want to be there? No I want Tyrod to show me what I still need to see, but I am not dead set against it.

Before people rail against me 1 year ago wouldn't you have said "Is your plan to release Manning and Osweiler and start Siemian? Is that your plan?"

I just don't think it is as simple as Tyrod being the only show in town. If he doesn't show enough there ARE options. Some might not like them but they do exist.

I am not sure Siemian will hold up as a suitable starter for Denver. Time will tell though.

Who exactly are you referring to? It's very easy to say "sign a vet". Let's make it easy with hindsight, who would you have signed this past offseason after you cut Tyrod?

Cousins ($20 a year - Resigned with Redskins)

Bradford ($18 a year - Resigned with Eagles)

Osweiler ($18 a year - Signed with Texans)

Fitzpatrick ($12 a year - Resigned with Jets)

Griffin ($7.5 a year - Signed with Browns)

Hoyer ($2 a year - Signed with Bears)

Keenum (3.3 a year - Resigned with Rams)

You can see the rest of the scrubs here:

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2016QB.php

Yeah obviously your definition of invest means to start him right away. No I'm saying TT is the best QB on the roster, but look at Carson Wentz!! enough said. By investing in Cardale, i simply mean we give him a shot this offseason to compete for QB2 or 1, no joke, get rid of EJ if anything.

I am all for that. But I just don't understand why people plot to get rid of Tyrod when no one has stepped up to replace him. Believe me, the staff evaluates Cardale, Taylor and even Manuel to determine who is doing well. On top of that, Whaley has never stopped looking for a QB.

To wash our hands of Tyrod is addition by subtraction. Just won't end well unless someone steps in and does better.

Edited by What a Tuel