27.5 Million

MAJBobby

For the love of god, it's been so long since the team had a QB who could throw for 225 yards one TD passing, one TD rushing and managed to do this with NO TURNOVERS!!

He is not a Geno, not a Fitz but a guy who has had exactly 20 game starts and is still learning, developing as he goes. I might add it's nearly impossible to properly develop a young QB with no ground game and no solid receivers besides a decent, but not great TE.

Tyrod needs a better offense around him besides two injured starting WR's, and elite RB that is injured and the right side of his line that plays like a sieve at times.

There is a real reason why Dak Prescott looks so good as he is playing behind the league's best O-line with the league's best RB to help support the offense. It's going to be difficult for the Bills FO to determine if TT is worth the extra money if the supporting cast doesn't get healthy to help him improve.

Game on line Tyrod wilts,

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the love of god, it's been so long since the team had a QB who could throw for 225 yards one TD passing, one TD rushing and managed to do this with NO TURNOVERS!!

2016: TT did it yesterday, and was way short on yards once

2015: TT had a handful (like 3-4)

2014: Orton had a 238 with 4 tds and no turnovers day. a 230 with 2 tds and no TOs.

2013: Manuel had a 245 yard 2 td no TO game.

thats just pulling out last two qbs and games that clear 2 or more tds and no turnovers and over 225 yards. EJ had two others that were 2 td and no TO but short on yardage.

Where my head is at right now (and it could be way out of reality right now) is that is TT's production translate to wins on the field, more so than a journeyman with more weapons if the cap space was spent elsewhere? For instance, if you were able to have Watkins and a great #2 would they make more plays and win you more games than our current WRs and TT?

This. That is the question I am grappling with too. At the moment I am edging to the overall result would be the same. I have not made up my mind and am still persuadable but that is the way I am leaning.

I agree with other things said. Tyrod is a decent Quarterback. He doesn't lose us games like Fitz used to, but he doesn't win us many either. In almost a year and a half how many games do you look at and go - that was Tyrod? The Titans game... any others?

With a decent team around him he will have you between 7 wins and 9. I need him to go win us some games to convince me he is a guy who can regularly get you to double digits in the W column.

If TT cannot do that then I don't want us reloading every year 'hoping' this is his career year and we get the 6th seed at 10-6. That is the game we played with Fitz. I'd rather take a cheaper game manager vet and spend the money elsewhere and then if we need to throw some picks into a bundle and move up the year there is a guy in the draft worth taking then do it.

All the years we have been bad only once - Buddy Nix in 2010 have we actually scrapped it and gone for a proper rebuild. Every other time we load up with a QB we hope can scrape us to 10 wins and end up mediocre.

Hell we have been doing that too long. Mayne I am being harsh on Tyrod because of the baggage of what has come before, I don't know. I want so badly for him to be the answer but I am not going to talk myself into him. He needs to go out there and win us ball games. Not contribute to wins... I know he can do that.... but be the main reason we just won.

Do that 2 or 3 times in the 9 games that remain and I will fully support taking up the option.

Game on line Tyrod wilts,

So what? We all know he isn't at an elite level just yet. The time to revisit this thread is at the end of the season to see if the kid has further developed.

No QB's in the league would play well with a suspect right side of the line, without his two best WR's and without their elite RB. Take away Julio Jones, Devonte Freeman along with a weak right side of the line and see how Matt Ryan plays.

EDIT: OH WAIT! That happened to the Falcons in 2013 when they went 4-12!

Edited by Nihilarian

This. That is the question I am grappling with too. At the moment I am edging to the overall result would be the same. I have not made up my mind and am still persuadable but that is the way I am leaning.

I agree with other things said. Tyrod is a decent Quarterback. He doesn't lose us games like Fitz used to, but he doesn't win us many either. In almost a year and a half how many games do you look at and go - that was Tyrod? The Titans game... any others?

With a decent team around him he will have you between 7 wins and 9. I need him to go win us some games to convince me he is a guy who can regularly get you to double digits in the W column.

If TT cannot do that then I don't want us reloading every year 'hoping' this is his career year and we get the 6th seed at 10-6. That is the game we played with Fitz. I'd rather take a cheaper game manager vet and spend the money elsewhere and then if we need to throw some picks into a bundle and move up the year there is a guy in the draft worth taking then do it.

All the years we have been bad only once - Buddy Nix in 2010 have we actually scrapped it and gone for a proper rebuild. Every other time we load up with a QB we hope can scrape us to 10 wins and end up mediocre.

Hell we have been doing that too long. Mayne I am being harsh on Tyrod because of the baggage of what has come before, I don't know. I want so badly for him to be the answer but I am not going to talk myself into him. He needs to go out there and win us ball games. Not contribute to wins... I know he can do that.... but be the main reason we just won.

Do that 2 or 3 times in the 9 games that remain and I will fully support taking up the option.

I didn't feel like typing that much, but I am 10000% in agreement with what you wrote...You nailed it!

2016: TT did it yesterday, and was way short on yards once

2015: TT had a handful (like 3-4)

2014: Orton had a 238 with 4 tds and no turnovers day. a 230 with 2 tds and no TOs.

2013: Manuel had a 245 yard 2 td no TO game.

thats just pulling out last two qbs and games that clear 2 or more tds and no turnovers and over 225 yards. EJ had two others that were 2 td and no TO but short on yardage.

Taylor is 4-3 this year with 9 passing TD's, 2 INT's and 2 rushing TD's with 869 yards of offense this year after 7 games. What's more important than winning the game with his arm is not losing the game with turnovers.

The young man is doing exactly what's asked of him and his HC has even stated that the team needs to run the ball for the team to win games. It sure isn't Taylor's fault if he is the team's leading rusher with 7 attempts for 35 yards.

Same could be said of Matt Stafford not too long ago. Gaudy numbers, but wilts under pressure. Now he's a comeback kid. Players can change and evolve. But i really don't feel like arguing about it.

Stafford was young in the league. Now he has been in the league. Taylor has been in the league for 5 years and really is at his ceiling

Taylor is 4-3 this year with 9 passing TD's, 2 INT's and 2 rushing TD's with 869 yards of offense this year after 7 games. What's more important than winning the game with his arm is not losing the game with turnovers.

The young man is doing exactly what's asked of him and his HC has even stated that the team needs to run the ball for the team to win games. It sure isn't Taylor's fault if he is the team's leading rusher with 7 attempts for 35 yards.

well, i was responding to a very specific assertion you made..... he is doing whats asked. i agree. and hes done it generally well. im likewise arguing that hes paid like a guy that isnt being asked a ton of. which seems fair (ala the fitz contract being 19th highest paid even though people spazzed about it being too much money). hes a caretaker on a caretakers contract. i feel like its pretty common sense, but seems to bother both sides.

Stafford has started 100 games comparedto Taylors 21

I'm just using the example as he's the flavor of the week this week. He's always been one of those in the conversation guys, but never took the next step to being great or a winner.

Players can change and evolve - Russell wilson was downright dominant at the end of last season. This year he sucks.

It's a team game and because of that you can only put so much on a single player. If a WR runs the wrong route, he may look open, but he's not where he is supposed to be. If a lineman blows his assignment, a play is blown up before it gets started. If a receiver doesn't line up correctly, you can correclty assume he doesn't know what he's doing. This costs timeouts, as well as time to get a pre-snap read.

And if a QB misses a throw, that's on him. I've played enough football to know that blame goes all around.

Edited by dneveu

Anyone arguing that TT isn't Elite yet is digging themselves into a hole, like the Bills have.

He's not worth the $. He's been in the league for half a decade, if he was going to get better it would've happened. The Bills have no WR threats for tyrod to throw it too, period.

He's decent, just not a franchise QB, too many floaters, high thrown balls, etc.

OP is correct regarding the contract deals, either Tyrod gets cut at tend of season or we pay him big and guarantee him with even more money.

I rather invest in Cardale Jones tbh.

Anyone arguing that TT isn't Elite yet is digging themselves into a hole, like the Bills have.

He's not worth the $. He's been in the league for half a decade, if he was going to get better it would've happened. The Bills have no WR threats for tyrod to throw it too, period.

He's decent, just not a franchise QB, too many floaters, high thrown balls, etc.

OP is correct regarding the contract deals, either Tyrod gets cut at tend of season or we pay him big and guarantee him with even more money.

Good thing we have Cardale Jones under contract so its a non issue.

But by all means, "invest" in Cardale Jones, by presumably throwing him into the pool because he will either sink or swim right? That's worked out real well in the past.

Meanwhile get rid of the best QB on the roster without replacing him with someone as good or better.

The job is Tyrod's until someone takes it from him. Until then, he is and should be our starting QB.

Edited by What a Tuel

Is Alex Smith a franchise QB for KC? How much does he get paid? TT put up the same numbers last season in 2 fewer games. Look at their numbers this season. TT has very similar numbers.

People talking about Cardale. This board has lost its mind

Is Alex Smith a franchise QB for KC? How much does he get paid? TT put up the same numbers last season in 2 fewer games. Look at their numbers this season. TT has very similar numbers.

At least it isn't EJ :blush:

I knew i would see an Alex Smith post. Not going to win a championship with Alex Smith either.

And like Walsh and other QB evaluators say you know what you have arounf 19 games.

We are not good enough

So a winning record in 21 games with the Bills is not good enough? You acting like TT inherited a division champ roster.

Of the 21 games How many games has TT had both Sammy and shady in the game? Probably half. Still a winning record. You're hands down the most irrational crusading poster I've seen on here in years. Its actually disturbing.

I knew i would see an Alex Smith post. Not going to win a championship with Alex Smith either.

How about we start with at least a winning culture in Buffalo before we jump the gun to super bowl.

So a winning record in 21 games with the Bills is not good enough? You acting like TT inherited a division champ roster.

Of the 21 games How many games has TT had both Sammy and shady in the game? Probably half. Still a winning record. You're hands down the most irrational crusading poster I've seen on here in years. Its actually disturbing.

He has not improved one thing in his passing offense since college. You dont think he is at his ceiling? He is, and so what do we have in him. A .500 QB that needs top end talent around him to succeed

All we get is excuse after excuse why he has not developed as a passer. Well this guy is out. That guy is out.

Edited by MAJBobby