Should Landry Get Suspended? Update: Fined 24k

fridge

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wel, my first reply would be, first the league would actually have to fine him. And if they don't, do you feel any differently towards the hit? But then I thought, it's the NFL, they fine just about anybody for anything. Hell, you get fined for not wearing team color sneakers. They probably will fine him. That doesn't mean the hit wasn't a clean hit on a player that is too clueless to realize a guy is blocking him.

Look back a few years ago in hockey. Was the Campbell hit on Umberger legal? Sure was. A guy with a huge hit on a player that couldn't keep his head up. Shame on them both for not paying attention

Sooo, have regulations in place....But not enforce them? He had a clear line of sight and completely teed off on AW. Good luck defending that Landry. There is no, "speed of the game" defense.

No, he shouldn't be suspended. BUT someone on the Bills should have broken his leg.

Yep, you can't control what the refs a league does. I want a team that self polices.

Just another example of fans caring more than the players do. I can't believe the bills players let Landry anywhere near Williams when he was coming off the field...disgusting....

Hell, someone probably exchanged jerseys with the !@#$ after the game...

The intent is what matters. The intent and bodily action of targeting the head coupled with launching full force motion will be what gets him busted. That said A. Williams had to see that. Perhaps his peripheral vision is blinded by his style face mask?

AW was the man he was supposed to block on the play. Of course it was pre-meditated. He practiced it all week.

I guess we can flag and fine players for doing film work throughout the week now too.

Hot take city, population Mrags

I don't think it was a dirty as everyone is making it out to be. In the moment, he's not thinking about things it is, he's trying to be a football player and dish it out.

You could tell he was visibly shaken by what he did.

I hope Aaron or okay but I'm not hating on the hit.

Wow. As dirty a cheap shot as I've ever seen. Blatant head shot. There is no defending that. None. In the moment my ass.

Definitely a dirty hit, definitely an illegal hit. It was also an unnecessary hit. He doesn't need to hit him to make the play work. Just get in his way. Instead he goes after his head on a blind side. Was there a prev play that got Landry mad at Williams? He deserves a suspension fro going after his head and jumping up to do it.

No, it was a clean hit. Landry appeared clearly upset about the injury. If the Bills defense had continually hit as hard as this wide receiver hits they likely would have won the game. It was a pathetic performance by the Bills, on both sides of the line.

Clean hit? Is that why he took a 15 yard penalty for it? Because it was clean?

I don't give a phuck how upset Landry "appeared." He deliberately jeopardized a player's health and the rest of AW's season. Any regret after the fact is bullschit.

wel, my first reply would be, first the league would actually have to fine him. And if they don't, do you feel any differently towards the hit? But then I thought, it's the NFL, they fine just about anybody for anything. Hell, you get fined for not wearing team color sneakers. They probably will fine him. That doesn't mean the hit wasn't a clean hit on a player that is too clueless to realize a guy is blocking him.

Look back a few years ago in hockey. Was the Campbell hit on Umberger legal? Sure was. A guy with a huge hit on a player that couldn't keep his head up. Shame on them both for not paying attention

What if he dove straight at his knee, would your opinion change?