Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

Ben is interesting to me, very timid at this point. I think his father was the one killed by Negan to show his power and not killed by a walker as he was told. Somehow he comes to know this information and grows a set really quick. he has to have a bigger role if they spent that much time showing him train with Morgan.

Edited by ricojes

The tiger is going to kill the bad guy Negan. Don't read the comics or anything but looks like that's whats going to happen. Glens ex will probably release it. Or something like that.

I hope the tiger eats King Ezekiel soon.

Ben is interesting to me, very timid at this point. I think his father was the one killed by Negan to show his power and not killed by a walker as he was told. Somehow he comes to know this information and grows a set really quick. he has to have a bigger role if they spent that much time showing him train with Morgan.

I had the same thought about his father. I can't get a feeling though for whether they'll expand the character for a while or if he'll just become another red shirt Noah-style.

Darryl is an idiot, way too stubborn.

It would be completely inconsistent if he wasn't. Daryl was raised by his brother in a household with an abusive father. He was raised not to give in to abusive authority types.

I'll bet Daryl's father never played that goddamn song, though.

Edited by DC Tom

Man Neegs likes to prattle on and on doesn't he? And now he's basically cuckholding Dwight? That's some level 10 head game right there! (But luckily for us Hardwick was right there again to help us "process things" his exact words). At which point my wife rolled her eyes and went to bed. She's even moved past hate watching the talking dead with me.

In the preview it looks like we're back to defeated and get along to get along Rick. I can honestly see why, I'm not faulting him, but he's going to need someone (Zeke) to come along and pull the load for awhile and keep things together. I found Neegan's graphic novel back story and I guess at one point he was a HS gym teacher... shocking!

Dwight, Sherry and Daryl are going to be teaming up soon I think and plot an escape that only two make it out.

Edited by Bullpen

I hate how catchy "Easy Street" has turned out to be.

The show has always been good at finding obscure music finds. I recall they found Wang Chung's "Space Junk" in Season 1.

That friggin' song is a war crime. Literally. Torturing Daryl with it is a war crime.

And it's been stuck in my head all week. The only upside to that is it's better than Rebecca Black.

I didn't think the episode was that bad. I do see some gigantic plot holes though. Sometimes these resolve in a few episodes, but:

Negan's crew caught the group running through the woods with Maggie on a stretcher and that was after cornering them all day long. They certainly would have known that they were transporting her somewhere and not out on a joyride. Did they specifically know about the Alexandria/Hilltop connection? That is unclear but they knew Maggie was being brought somewhere, they know the location of the Hilltop, they knew the direction the group was headed and they know Hilltop has a doc. Duh.

Negan asks about Maggie and buys that she is dead? I can see that he would remember her but did he completely forget about Sasha? The truck? Why are they also missing? Why doesn't he ask?

Unless he was playing them and going along, none of that part of the story makes any sense at all.

Will Rick, Negan, Rosita or someone else kill Spencer? Because it is happening.

I'm amused that the show continues to write a story where guns are scarce in the United States years post apocalypse. Ammo, sure.

Washington is less than 10 miles away from Alexandria and that's a storyline they've yet to roll out. It's probably like a Middle Eastern arms bazaar up there.

On the opposite end I have no idea where anyone in that world is finding gasoline that'll actually power something. Nobody's made gasoline for years.

I'm amused that the show continues to write a story where guns are scarce in the United States years post apocalypse. Ammo, sure.

Washington is less than 10 miles away from Alexandria and that's a storyline they've yet to roll out. It's probably like a Middle Eastern arms bazaar up there.

On the opposite end I have no idea where anyone in that world is finding gasoline that'll actually power something. Nobody's made gasoline for years.

Alexandria is actually the name of the housing subdivision.....like Maple Knolls or something along those lines. I'm not under the impression that it is actually in the town of Alexandria, Virginia. Maybe I'm wrong. I know they are near DC but I'm unclear on how close. Alexandria in real life is big enough to contain "Alexandria" "The Hilltop", "The Kingdom" and "Negan's HQ".

I agree. Plus, gasoline does have a shelf life and the apocalypse is almost 2 years running now, not to mention the gas guzzlers the Saviors are driving. But it is a show about zombies, so if you can believe that, i guess we have to accept that gasoline is still available.

FYI...this is what I found online regarding the "Alexandria safe-zone"

The Alexandria Safe-Zone, or simply Alexandria, is a few blocks of cleared streets in Alexandria, Virginia, about six miles south from Washington D.C..

Edited by ricojes

Alexandria is actually the name of the housing subdivision.....like Maple Knolls or something along those lines. I'm not under the impression that it is actually in the town of Alexandria, Virginia. Maybe I'm wrong. I know they are near DC but I'm unclear on how close. Alexandria in real life is big enough to contain "Alexandria" "The Hilltop", "The Kingdom" and "Negan's HQ".

I wish they would put out a fake map of where all these places are. It doesn't seem to take too long to get from Alexandria to the Sanctuary or even the Hilltop, yet just a few weeks ago in their timeline, they had no idea the other places existed. I don't really care if they're real places or not, I'm just curious about the distance from one to the other.

I wish they would put out a fake map of where all these places are. It doesn't seem to take too long to get from Alexandria to the Sanctuary or even the Hilltop, yet just a few weeks ago in their timeline, they had no idea the other places existed. I don't really care if they're real places or not, I'm just curious about the distance from one to the other.

From what i read regarding locations, the best information I can find is that all 4 locations are within 20 miles of each other. here's a decent link with some location best guesses:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-walking-dead-locations-alexandria-hilltop-kingdom-sanctuary/

I am too.

As for Rico's comment on Alexandria, I understand but I think that comes from the comic book. During last season and maybe even before, there were signs along the roads, shown in shows, advertising "Alexandria" the housing subdivision so I think the TV show is a little different. I find it an odd thing to do calling a housing subdivision by the name of the town and wish they hadn't done it but I do remember the signs.

See below:

alexandria_sign.jpg

I didn't really care much for this episode. Negan cucking Rick the whole episode is a little over the top, but I suppose it leads to different things. Rick has completely given in to Negan, we get it. But now I wonder if they won't attempt to find another way to fight back. Obviously with no guns they will have trouble scavenging and if Negan is going to threaten to kill someone if they don't have something "interesting" for them when they return then their fate is pretty much sealed. I have an idea where the comics go but they don't always follow true to the comic. And the "shocking reveal" was something we all already knew in regards to Ricks daughter.

I agree. Plus, gasoline does have a shelf life and the apocalypse is almost 2 years running now, not to mention the gas guzzlers the Saviors are driving. But it is a show about zombies, so if you can believe that, i guess we have to accept that gasoline is still available.

FYI...this is what I found online regarding the "Alexandria safe-zone"

The Alexandria Safe-Zone, or simply Alexandria, is a few blocks of cleared streets in Alexandria, Virginia, about six miles south from Washington D.C..

I recall in Season 5 - they were on the road and the Washington Monument was shown in the background which is why I thought Alexandria meant the town.

Another point to add - if they are indeed in Virginia, they are not only in the middle of multiple military and law enforcement headquarters and major installations but also multiple manufacturers of small arms and ammunition.

I recall in Season 5 - they were on the road and the Washington Monument was shown in the background which is why I thought Alexandria meant the town.

Another point to add - if they are indeed in Virginia, they are not only in the middle of multiple military and law enforcement headquarters and major installations but also multiple manufacturers of small arms and ammunition.

And it snows in Virginia.

At this point after seeing a few posts, I think in the show both the town and the subdivision are called Alexandria, which I find weird. It would be like staying in Atlanta and living in a small neighborhood called Smyrna, in the middle of the suburb......Smyrna. That's just dumb.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I didn't really care much for this episode. Negan cucking Rick the whole episode is a little over the top, but I suppose it leads to different things. Rick has completely given in to Negan, we get it. But now I wonder if they won't attempt to find another way to fight back. Obviously with no guns they will have trouble scavenging and if Negan is going to threaten to kill someone if they don't have something "interesting" for them when they return then their fate is pretty much sealed. I have an idea where the comics go but they don't always follow true to the comic. And the "shocking reveal" was something we all already knew in regards to Ricks daughter.

Negan's domination has to be total and that is what they are trying to project.....its tough because Rick has been such an alpha through the entire series.

but

He doesnt know about the Kingdom.....and the Kingdom does know about Alexandria.......Hilltop is a bunch of farmers but could probably lend a hand.

As soon as Rick figures out that they are not completely outnumbered the schematic of this whole thing is gonna change.....he was already trying to keep himself from laying Negan out with that damn bat

Negan's domination has to be total and that is what they are trying to project.....its tough because Rick has been such an alpha through the entire series.

but

He doesnt know about the Kingdom.....and the Kingdom does know about Alexandria.......Hilltop is a bunch of farmers but could probably lend a hand.

As soon as Rick figures out that they are not completely outnumbered the schematic of this whole thing is gonna change.....he was already trying to keep himself from laying Negan out with that damn bat

I saw a video where someone counted that Rick and the gang have killed 47 Savior characters to date.

If fans wanted to get real ticky tacky - Alexandria could have ended the Saviors in the last episode. They had the bulk of the Saviors at a choke point between the gate and the one lane road leading to the compound, pinned in by all the moving trucks. Or, you can get them all inside and take them down from the cover of the houses. Of course, you'd have no story then.

Rick's Army took on a far larger, more well equipped opponent in the past - the Woodbury Army - and won.

Edited by dpberr

I saw a video where someone counted that Rick and the gang have killed 47 Savior characters to date.

If fans wanted to get real ticky tacky - Alexandria could have ended the Saviors in the last episode. They had the bulk of the Saviors at a choke point between the gate and the one lane road leading to the compound, pinned in by all the moving trucks. Or, you can get them all inside and take them down from the cover of the houses. Of course, you'd have no story then.

Rick's Army took on a far larger, more well equipped opponent in the past - the Woodbury Army - and won.

They also had a rocket launcher. Seriously a !@#$ing RPG and they just gave it away.

he was already trying to keep himself from laying Negan out with that damn bat

That really symbolized Rick's inner struggle. He wants more than anything to put the bat to the back of Negan's head, so they would show him gripping the bat tightly. But then reality sets in and there's nothing he can do that won't get everyone or at least most of his people killed, so he released his grip. His admission that he will do whatever it takes to keep Judith alive also implies that he will do whatever Negan says, at least for the time being. Especially if Rick doesn't come up with anything "interesting" to make Negan's next visit worth while.