The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. That Ravens game was huge.

@jumosq

The AFC race is tight. Buffalo is the 6th seed rn. If they don't lose Mike Wallce in Cover 0 on 3rd and long in the 3rd vs BAL they're AFC1.

ouch

didn't even think of that

eff you duke williams

Edited by QB Bills

Yep. That Ravens game was huge.

@jumosq

The AFC race is tight. Buffalo is the 6th seed rn. If they don't lose Mike Wallce in Cover 0 on 3rd and long in the 3rd vs BAL they're AFC1.

I'm not sure they are. If they were 1-1 after 2 games does Roman get fired? If Roman doesn't get fired is the offense as effective as it's been the past four?

I'm not sure they are. If they were 1-1 after 2 games does Roman get fired? If Roman doesn't get fired is the offense as effective as it's been the past four?

if they were 1-1 and the reason they won the Ravens game was because they don't allow that Wallace TD (and the offense looked the same as it did) then I have no reason to think they still keep Roman. But we will never know. Edited by YoloinOhio

Good thought. So we should all be happy we started 0-2?

In a sense, yes.

The 0-2 team looked dead and like it was going to win 4 games all year.

The change at OC has produced an entirely different looking offense and we have now won 4 straight.

We now look like a different team possibly capable of somehow sneaking into the playoffs, though our biggest challenges are in front of us for sure.

The key now is to take care of business in Miami and then ENJOY the NE re-match at home. That is shaping up to be one hell of a big, important, exciting, and FUN football game, if we play up to expectations.

Good thought. So we should all be happy we started 0-2?

Absolutely. Roman was clearly the problem. I've only seen two or three plays since he's been fired where we had to take a TO or DOG penalty. With Roman, and this goes back to last year, we had 2-3 plays a game where we burned TO's or took DOG penalties. Dude took too long to call plays and completely screwed things up. Lynn's pace and playcalling are LIGHT YEARS better.

if they were 1-1 and the reason they won the Ravens game was because they don't allow that Wallace TD (and the offense looked the same as it did) then I have no reason to think they still keep Roman. But we will never know.

Good point, but at 1-1 I don't think anyone would have been fired. An 0-2 start was unacceptable, and someone had to be made the sacrificial lamb. It certainly wasn't going to be Rex or Rob. The good part for us is that it's worked out great so far. After the 0-2 start our defense has played more like the defense we saw in Baltimore than the one we saw against the Jets. Our offense has looked vastly improved, and we've gone on a winning streak. Many times the sacrificial lamb style firing doesn't work out well, but it's worked great for us. IMO Roman was simply a casualty of a team trying to make a statement. In the middle of it all we've learned that he actually was more of a problem than many thought.