The AFC Playoff Picture

I have been very impressed with the defense and special teams too. On offense, there seems to be too many stalled drives. However, I'm still pretty upbeat about where the offense is heading. It seems the needle is pointing up for them. Really looking forward to seeing how far they can go. Every week, they seem to make more and more things happen. Is Sammy going to be back this season? That would be one hell of a nice safety valve to add to the offense.

One thing to point out though....Buffalo is ranked #3 in scoring, behind only San Diego 2nd and Atlanta 1st.

They are putting points on the board and when they do get down in the redzone, they have been particularly deadly. Consistency down deep is great. At the beginning of drives though...not so much.

Edited by Rockinon

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The strive for five. Bills Vikings Superbowl and Vikings get trophy for first team to go 0-5 in Superbowls.

The Football Outsiders stars for Week 6 are:

• LG Richie Incognito, BUF (FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS HERO): Buffalo RB had 19 carries for 172 yards (79% success rate) up the middle; no sacks allowed.
Edited by Koolaid

It's week 7, last I checked there's 10 games to play!

If the playoffs started this week then it's a crappy six week season!

Can we hold playoff off until week 13 at least?

Football Outsiders has Buffalo as the 4th best odds of winning the Super Bowl. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/

nCo9nmR.png

And we have back to back games against two of those teams!

Could be sitting at 5-4 easy. Let's pump the breaks!

As long as we can pump the breaks for every time something bad happens right? we dont need that either.

BBFSing on our enjoyment of a four game winning streak with the Bills playing excellent football. Come on man!

Vote: Will Bills end their playoff drought?

The latest FPI gives the Bills nearly an 80 percent chance of making the playoffs. Will they taste postseason for the first time this millennium?

A four-game winning streak has done wonders in Buffalo. According to ESPN's Football Power Index, the Bills now stand a 78.2 percent chance of reaching their first postseason since 1999, the sixth-best odds in the entire NFL and third-best in the AFC.

Last I checked, we don't run football outsiders.

It's weird that you think that. First off, I don't ever see him bailing out because of a fear of getting hit. If anything, he does the opposite. Secondly, you say it as it's a bad thing if he were to do it. I'd be happy if he gave up on a play in a week 5 game in the middle of the first quarter instead of taking an unnecessary collision. If he gets injured, the Bills season is done.

How do you feel when you see guys like Rivers and Manning throw the ball into the ground and ending a play to avoid contact?

I saw him bail on not getting hit no less than 3 times on Sunday.

Agreed about Manning and Rivers to a certain extent. Where those two will throw the ball away, Tyron can take a 3rd and 20 and convert. Love that about him and that's not coachable. It is his athletic skill.

What I am saying is, he bails on delivering the ball to an open receiver to save the contact. I understand it is not totally his nature or skip to pick apart defenses. What I am asking is to take the QB knock down and deliver the ball. What I see is a QB who senses or sees some pressure, and takes off, when there is absolutely an opportunity to complete a pass is all.

I saw him bail on not getting hit no less than 3 times on Sunday.

Agreed about Manning and Rivers to a certain extent. Where those two will throw the ball away, Tyron can take a 3rd and 20 and convert. Love that about him and that's not coachable. It is his athletic skill.

What I am saying is, he bails on delivering the ball to an open receiver to save the contact. I understand it is not totally his nature or skip to pick apart defenses. What I am asking is to take the QB knock down and deliver the ball. What I see is a QB who senses or sees some pressure, and takes off, when there is absolutely an opportunity to complete a pass is all.

Flacco did it like 17 times Week 1.

Yes we can pump the breaks after something bad happens.

How many people expect us to get to 7-2? How about 6-3? 5-4 seems most likely, which is why the playoff talk is foolish at best.

How we respond to the up coming loss we know is going to happen that really matters. Miami has to be the only focus as nothing good occurs if we drop a division game and fall to 1-3 in the conference (0-2) in the division.

Yes we can pump the breaks after something bad happens.

How many people expect us to get to 7-2? How about 6-3? 5-4 seems most likely, which is why the playoff talk is foolish at best.

How we respond to the up coming loss we know is going to happen that really matters. Miami has to be the only focus as nothing good occurs if we drop a division game and fall to 1-3 in the conference (0-2) in the division.

If we lose to Miami we will be 1-2 in the division as we beat the Patriots at the Gillette.

I think they have a good shot at beating Miami on the road and then come home and take care of business against the Patriots.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that someone would start a playoff thread after only 6 games, but it is still pretty ludicrous.

How about we wait til December, where the Bills getting into the playoffs might be a real thing? Right now, it's like p*ssing into a headwind....you look like a fool and you end up wet & stinky. LOL

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that someone would start a playoff thread after only 6 games, but it is still pretty ludicrous.

How about we wait til December, where the Bills getting into the playoffs might be a real thing? Right now, it's like p*ssing into a headwind....you look like a fool and you end up wet & stinky. LOL

God forbid fans talk about their team's chances on a fan forum. When each game represents more than 6% of the season, a discussion of where the team stands each week isn't only reasonable, it's logical.

God forbid fans talk about their team's chances on a fan forum. When each game represents more than 6% of the season, a discussion of where the team stands each week isn't only reasonable, it's logical.

NFL.com and other media sites should cease and desist from posting anything about playoffs until December.

Yea well unfortunately we've seen them go 3-0, 5-1, 5-2 during this drought only to have the season go completely down hill..... I don't expect that this year, but a win in Miami is crucial because the next 3 games after it are extremely tough and anything more than 1-2 in those games would shock me.

Per usual, you've missed the point.