The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still early, but the schedule doesn't look nearly as bad as before the season.

Still the Bengals are a solid team despite their record. Miami can't be taken lightly. Even Cleveland is competitive in every game.

I feel like that Bengals game is a big one. I don't count the Bills out against NE* or Pittsburgh but I can't expect to get those games. @Cincinnati and @Oakland...two playoff contenders I perceive as right around our level. Those would be huge AFC wins if we could get em.

Monday Night Football

Texans @ Broncos (I guess I'd say Texans here right?)

The good news:

Steelers lost to the Patriots (At this point, I don't see them losing 6 games for us to compete with them for the division)

Ravens lost to the Jets

Not sure yet news:

Titans lost to the Colts

The bad news:

Bills lost to Dolphins ( :censored: fish)

Browns lost to the Bengals

Saints lost to the Chiefs

Jaguars lost to the Raiders

Next Weeks Matchups

Jaguars @ Titans (We want the Titans to lose)

Redskins @ Bengals (Clearly want the Bengals to lose here)

Chiefs @ Colts (I think we want the Chiefs to lose here)

Raiders @ Buccaneers (Clearly want the Raiders to lose)

Lions @ Texans (Clearly want the Lions to lose)

Patriots @ Bills ( :thumbsup: )

Jets @ Browns (Not sure it matters much)

Chargers @ Broncos (Starting to think Chargers might be a wild card threat if the ball starts bouncing their way - This one is too close to call)

So we have a lot to root for next week.

Our current closest competitors for the wildcard are:

Chiefs at 4-2

Broncos at 4-2

However this can easily change from week to week.

One week at a time guys. Just like 2014, we aren't :censored: out until the season is over, so quit your whining.

Edited by What a Tuel

@fboutsiders

On @ESPNInsider, analysis of the FO postseason odds and commentary on the super-strong NFC East/AFC West: https://t.co/wWfxXP0gWh

AFC PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS 6. Buffalo Bills (4-3)

Odds of making playoffs: 51.1 percent

Although the Bills still make the playoffs in over half our simulations, their odds fell 24.7 percent with the upset loss to Miami, more than any other NFL team this week. Poor play dropped their overall DVOA from third in the league to ninth, and the loss also made them 1-2 in the AFC East. A home loss to the Patriots would essentially kill their chances to win the AFC East and leave their playoff chances up to having two of the four AFC West teams collapse. Three of Buffalo's four wins have come against NFC West teams, putting them in terrible position if they end up needing a tiebreaker for a wild card.

Monday Night Football

Texans @ Broncos (I guess I'd say Texans here right?)

The good news:

Steelers lost to the Patriots (At this point, I don't see them losing 6 games for us to compete with them for the division)

Ravens lost to the Jets

Not sure yet news:

Titans lost to the Colts

The bad news:

Bills lost to Dolphins ( :censored: fish)

Browns lost to the Bengals

Saints lost to the Chiefs

Jaguars lost to the Raiders

Next Weeks Matchups

Jaguars @ Titans (We want the Titans to lose)

Redskins @ Bengals (Clearly want the Bengals to lose here)

Chiefs @ Colts (I think we want the Chiefs to lose here)

Raiders @ Buccaneers (Clearly want the Raiders to lose)

Lions @ Texans (Clearly want the Lions to lose)

Patriots @ Bills ( :thumbsup: )

Jets @ Browns (Not sure it matters much)

Chargers @ Broncos (Starting to think Chargers might be a wild card threat if the ball starts bouncing their way - This one is too close to call)

So we have a lot to root for next week.

Our current closest competitors for the wildcard are:

Chiefs at 4-2

Broncos at 4-2

However this can easily change from week to week.

One week at a time guys. Just like 2014, we aren't :censored: out until the season is over, so quit your whining.

Why is it clear we want the afc team to win in lions v. Texans?

@fboutsiders

On @ESPNInsider, analysis of the FO postseason odds and commentary on the super-strong NFC East/AFC West: https://t.co/wWfxXP0gWh

. Three of Buffalo's four wins have come against NFC West teams, putting them in terrible position if they end up needing a tiebreaker for a wild card.

But we knew this already.... once again proving that its better to lose to NFC teams than beat them.

@fboutsiders

AFC PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS 6. Buffalo Bills (4-3)

Odds of making playoffs: 51.1 percent

Although the Bills still make the playoffs in over half our simulations, their odds fell 24.7 percent with the upset loss to Miami, more than any other NFL team this week. Poor play dropped their overall DVOA from third in the league to ninth, and the loss also made them 1-2 in the AFC East. A home loss to the Patriots would essentially kill their chances to win the AFC East and leave their playoff chances up to having two of the four AFC West teams collapse. Three of Buffalo's four wins have come against NFC West teams, putting them in terrible position if they end up needing a tiebreaker for a wild card.

We lose against the Pats, we're basically out of the playoff hunt.

Not even November yet, Jesus.

Uh no! The hunt for the AFC East...sure. AFC Playoffs? Still alive for sure.

Mathematically, sure. But realistically...