The "Rex ruined Mario Williams" crowd looks pretty silly...

eball

Dolphins already souring on Mario Williams?

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/43b3ed00-fcd7-32a3-b387-d50af1a81fb5/ss_dolphins-already-souring-on.html

Here ya go haters, relish it...or put relish on it!

There's what's said to the media on the record and then there's what's said behind closed locker room doors.

Mario Williams was a negative locker room and field presence that had a lot of his teammates pissed off at his lack of effort and all the fluff pieces in the world won't change that, no matter how many times you post them.

And enough about Marcel Dareus and his complaints. He played very well after the bye which is not surprising given that it often takes the better part of half a season before players start to excel in new systems.

Why on earth would the coaches say they were happy with his play if they weren't? The Dolphins coaches are complaining about Mario right now and went public with it. So, why would the Bills attempt to cover up or hide the fact he wasn't doing his job?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolphins already souring on Mario Williams?

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/43b3ed00-fcd7-32a3-b387-d50af1a81fb5/ss_dolphins-already-souring-on.html

Here ya go haters, relish it...or put relish on it!

Why on earth would the coaches say they were happy with his play if they weren't? The Dolphins coaches are complaining about Mario right now and went public with it. So, why would the Bills attempt to cover up or hide the fact he wasn't doing his job?

In a word, motivation. MW held a completely different status within the Bills lockerroom vs. the one he's in now. Our coaches weren't inclined to throw the lockerroom alpha dog under the bus, given what that represented, so they tried the carrot approach instead. Publicly criticizing MW last season would have made a bad situation much worse and it was a bad situation in that room; near mutinous actually. I would think the reasons not to publicly criticize him at the time would be somewhat obvious.

I just think Rex had a bad year in 2015. He sucked. As did Mario.

This year outside of one awful game against the Jets, the coaching defensively has been a lot better.

This is fair. Having Kyle last year would've really helped IMO. Lorax is balling in Mario's absence...official absense

Actually, the Bills are currently ranked 5th in points allowed

As I've said it while vilifying Rex and his polarizing personna, and refuting his genius, points are what matter.

Look I don't like his brand of football, but anyone can see how much more aggressive and competent this unit is than last year. It's close to the contrast between wanny and Schwarz s units.

We haven't seen this team win against a good QB yet, the schedule provides that litmus test wk 8-14

As I've said it while vilifying Rex and his polarizing personna, and refuting his genius, points are what matter.

Look I don't like his brand of football, but anyone can see how much more aggressive and competent this unit is than last year. It's close to the contrast between wanny and Schwarz s units.

We haven't seen this team win against a good QB yet, the schedule provides that litmus test wk 8-14

Good defenses beat up on bad QB's which the team has done. Also I wouldn't classify Carson Palmer as chop liver. Palmer last year was a top 5 QB and a top 10 QB the year before. He has had a bad start to his season so far but he is still a quality NFL QB the Bills made look awful. I argue in the NFL that if your defense can make bad and mid level QB's obsolete offensively then you are a good unit maybe not great but good.

Edited by billsfan89

Weeks 8-14 we face the following QB's:

1. Brady
  2. Wilson
  3. Bye
  4. Dalton
  5. Bortles
  6. Carr
  7. Roethlisberger

I'm not particularly scared of Wilson, I'm not sure he matches up well against a RR D. I'm certainly not scared of Dalton, unless Eifert returns to form, but even then. Bortles? Give me a break. Carr could go either way, and believe it or not, I'm not sure Big Ben matches up all that well either. QB's who like to hang in the pocket and drive it down field (Palmer) are a good matchup for our coverage/rush.

If we find a way to split those six games, we should be in the playoffs. There, I said. They should get wins the next two weeks and that would put them at 8-5 with Miami, Cleveland and NYJ left to play.

10-5 heading to NYJ with the wild card on the line. It's just too perfect. The symmetry to last season scares the living **** out of me.

Color rush loss at home then a week 17 match up...I mean...Jesus...

Does anyone think that if things continue to not got well for Mario this season, that his football career is done? He didn't get a ton of action from other teams when he was let go by Buffalo and there were rumors of him slacking and now this?

I know it probably a huge stretch but he'd be getting very low offers money-wise, would he take them knowing how much he's already made?

Weeks 8-14 we face the following QB's:

• Brady
  • Wilson
  • Bye
  • Dalton
  • Bortles
  • Carr
  • Roethlisberger
I'm not particularly scared of Wilson, I'm not sure he matches up well against a RR D. I'm certainly not scared of Dalton, unless Eifert returns to form, but even then. Bortles? Give me a break. Carr could go either way, and believe it or not, I'm not sure Big Ben matches up all that well either. QB's who like to hang in the pocket and drive it down field (Palmer) are a good matchup for our coverage/rush.

If we find a way to split those six games, we should be in the playoffs. There, I said. They should get wins the next two weeks and that would put them at 8-5 with Miami, Cleveland and NYJ left to play.

10-5 heading to NYJ with the wild card on the line. It's just too perfect. The symmetry to last season scares the living **** out of me.

Color rush loss at home then a week 17 match up...I mean...Jesus...

Deja vu....

Id take all those QBs over 2016 Palmer, Keenum, pats practice squad guy

At times with the Jets Dennis Thurman or Mike Pettine would call the plays.

In fact, when Pettine left to go to the Bills, Rex announced he would resume calling plays again.

It was at times a point of trouble with pettine at times, wasn't it?

Does anyone think that if things continue to not got well for Mario this season, that his football career is done? He didn't get a ton of action from other teams when he was let go by Buffalo and there were rumors of him slacking and now this?

I know it probably a huge stretch but he'd be getting very low offers money-wise, would he take them knowing how much he's already made?

Would not surprise me one bit. It's not that he wouldn't attract any interest, but I don't think anyone is going to offer him a big enough payday to entice him. I don't see him playing somewhere for $4-5 mill (and even that would be a ridiculous overpayment for his production the last 2 years).

In this moment in time when it seems all opinions are black and white (I'm right and you're evil. No, you're wrong and I'm the good person), let me offer a gray zone opinion. It is completely possible that Rex is an incompetent clown with a passe approach to the game, and that MW is a malingering malcontent whose career is in permanent decline. MW's '16 season does not validate Rex's awful '15 defense. Could be it was a mutual suck-a-thon.

Thats right, players didnt buy in, or they didnt study the playbook enough, cuz look at our sack totals this year! We are close to eclipsing last years sack totals and were only in week 6! AND we dont have our 1st and 2nd round super picks playing!!

2015 Bills: 21 Sacks TOTAL

2016 Bills: 17 Sacks AFTER 5 WEEKS! (for the geeks out there that, extrapolates to 54 total sacks this season!)

Ill drink a beer to that C.BiscuitBreh! :beer:

Im calling it a crusade. Ive seen them and its pretty much the same MW from last year. Cant beat his one on ones, and the one time he did get in the backfield the RB broke his tackle.

2q0nhv.jpg

Wow that article was pretty damning! Feels good to be right dont it! :lol: The stats might not say much but if you were to watch a game from last year and watch a game from this year, The Bills are a totally different team! Stay positive friends! :thumbsup:

EDIT: hate to be a shlong but, SCOTTLAW where you at brehski?? I think im up so far eh?

Totally different team front to back Marty !

i am not one to flaunt my superiority very often , mind you....

I agree that he should have benched Mario but his options were a no effort Mario or IK. It was kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

Thats exactly what that was.

any one actually watch IK play. At least Offenses had a smidgen of respect still for Mario. Even if he no longer was earning it.

You heard right. MW was a negative presence in that room from the moment he started complaining. No-balls Ryan should have sat his ass and if that wasn't enough, cut him, rather than have that kind of influence over key, young players. The ONLY player who could get in MW's grill was KW and he wasn't around. Poor Preston Brown walked a thin line all season because of it, too.

No Balls Ryan ?